my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » StGFC Forums   » Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » Just Talk!

Printable Version
Author Topic: Just Talk!
Heero Yuy
Vault Champion
Member # 8

Member Rated:

posted September 28, 2002 22:51      Profile for Heero Yuy   Email Heero Yuy   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Came home today and my G/F was playing an X-Box! I didn't even know she bought one. After watching she try and shoot up shit I can say that the graphics on the X-Box are 10 times better than any computer any of us can buy. I say another 3 years and there will be a computer which will match it or be abit better. What do you guys thinks?

--------------------

"I'll give you just one piece of advice... Dying hurts like hell." - Heero Yuy

Posts: 937 | From: Classified | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted September 29, 2002 05:59      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
In my opinion, computer graphics are better and much more realistic. All I see on other game counsels is a bunch of blocky-looking dumb '3D' figures. Then again, I never seen X-Box graphics, so I can't say too much about that.

10x better than any computer, though? I find that hard to believe. It would be more realistic to say the graphics are equal in my view, but I could be wrong. All I know is that the graphics on my computer make me drool.

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Heero Yuy
Vault Champion
Member # 8

Member Rated:

posted September 29, 2002 14:38      Profile for Heero Yuy   Email Heero Yuy   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Go and check out an X-Box Scotty. I'm telling you it is far better and I should know. I had a friends Pentium 4 with the best of everything (Rich bastard) put next to my G/F X-Box and man JK2 on computer to JK2 on X-Box shits all over it!

--------------------

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted September 29, 2002 16:39      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
So you are saying that your g/f took her X-Box over to your friends house, both had the same game, and they both played it in the same room? Somehow, I highly doubt that.

Who would bring a different game consul to someone else's house just to test the quality of the graphics?

Posts: 2150 | From: Sconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rob
Outsider
Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted September 29, 2002 16:46      Profile for Rob   Author's Homepage   Email Rob   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 20615447
I have had an X Box for nearly a year now and I also have a top of the line computer. My video card is quite literally the fastest and most advanced card available at this moment.

I can tell you with absolute certainty that a good computer is more powerful than an X Box.
The X Box just has less variables to contend with. Each unit is exactly the same as the next. PC's are all different so some designers don't take full advantage of video technology simply because it may be too much work or they can't fit it in the deadline.

BTW, an X Box really is just a PC when you come down to it. it's got a 700MHz Intel CPU. I believe it's a Pentium III offshoot. The video chipset is a GeForce 3 with a few changes.

--------------------

Posts: 19 | From: Puyallup, WA, USA | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted September 30, 2002 01:38      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Well, there ya go.

Now go listen to Asereje!

jello
Wandering Hero
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted September 30, 2002 07:59      Profile for jello   Email jello   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Heero just wanted to say he's got a girlfriend (hehe)

--------------------

jump on her and demand sex!

Posts: 399 | From: montreal | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted September 30, 2002 10:42      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
lmao!

Hey Heero, did your friend build his own comp or order it online? Plus, do you know what the specs are (like what processor, video card, etc.)?

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted September 30, 2002 11:37      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
lol. My brother has X-Box, PS2, and Gamecube. He said that PS2 has better graphics than X-Box.

I guess that's what you get when you get spoiled in the Air Force.

jello
Wandering Hero
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted September 30, 2002 14:31      Profile for jello   Email jello   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
waddya mean getting spoiled in air force? They actually have ps2 and stuff there?

Shit, what the army won't do to drag fresh meat.

And some kind of usefull meat also. A meat that's used to shooting at human-like moving objects...in cold blood...and enjoy it also.

Yeah, i read that somewhere. It was saying that during WW2, the soldiers practiced shooting at round targets. But when they went in the action, they couldn't shoot at real humans, and they got killed before even firing a single round. So they put human form targets for viet-nam, and it worked like a charm.

--------------------

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted September 30, 2002 17:13      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Well, since my brother got out of boot camp and AIT, he has tons of free time so he bought PS2, one of his room-mates has X-Box, and his other roomie has Gamecube. He said that PS2 had better graphics.

And with the target things, that is all true. The U.S. could only make the circular target before WW2. Otherwise, they didn't even have a target.

Heero Yuy
Vault Champion
Member # 8

Member Rated:

posted September 30, 2002 18:12      Profile for Heero Yuy   Email Heero Yuy   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Over in Australia we have live targets . I was on the shooting range and a cow walked inside the area so the CO orders my friend to shoot it and $10 if he gets it in the head. Cow got shot on the side of his head and the body was standing still for a while. We all thought he missed than bang! body fell like a bag of shit...

--------------------

Heero Yuy
Vault Champion
Member # 8

Member Rated:

posted September 30, 2002 18:13      Profile for Heero Yuy   Email Heero Yuy   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh... By the way jello I am gay (Looks at Stapes).

--------------------

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted October 01, 2002 01:56      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
heheheheheheheh, you address everyone but me, Heero. Can you answer meh questions or don't you know?

jello
Wandering Hero
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted October 01, 2002 03:52      Profile for jello   Email jello   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
lol Heero, your story is good hehehe.

--------------------

Heero Yuy
Vault Champion
Member # 8

Member Rated:

posted October 02, 2002 22:31      Profile for Heero Yuy   Email Heero Yuy   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Scotty: Friend bought it than bought his own parts so he pretty much built it.

--------------------

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted October 03, 2002 01:55      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Good! I'll let it go at that instead of bugging you with countless more questions.

Heero Yuy
Vault Champion
Member # 8

Member Rated:

posted October 04, 2002 01:58      Profile for Heero Yuy   Email Heero Yuy   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah yeah...

--------------------

All times are Central Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community