my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » StGFC Forums   » Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » Red Dragon (Page 1)

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Red Dragon
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted October 05, 2002 20:13      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Tomorrow (actually today, because it's about quarter past one in the morning) I'm going to see the new movie Red Dragon. Anyone else see it yet? If so, how was it?

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted October 07, 2002 01:26      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Since this is my first post since my return from exile I guess ill tell you where I have been. My modem died, and it took me a week before I could get a new one. I just installed it and its so much better than the last one...its like getting out of a Mini and climbing into a Ferarri

Now i've gotten that over I suppose its time to answer the question. No I haven't seen it, thats the third Hannibul Lector movie right? I've heard its good...thats all..

Has anyone seen that movie xXx? Everyone said it was going to suck but I thought it was good (mainly because it had Rammstein in it

)

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Posts: 950 | From: Perth West Australia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Heero Yuy
Vault Champion
Member # 8

Member Rated:

posted October 07, 2002 02:29      Profile for Heero Yuy   Email Heero Yuy   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I eat people! And no I havn't see Red Dragon or xXx...

--------------------

"I'll give you just one piece of advice... Dying hurts like hell." - Heero Yuy

Posts: 937 | From: Classified | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
jello
Wandering Hero
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted October 07, 2002 08:40      Profile for jello   Email jello   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I hate xXx, and that Diesel guy. If ever I can get away with it, i'd kill Diesel, and the guy who made the damn movie.

--------------------

jump on her and demand sex!

Posts: 399 | From: montreal | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted October 07, 2002 10:40      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Triple X is an okay movie. I didn't care much for the plot, and some (most) of the effects were too far-fetched to be even likeable. Oh well, it was still rather neat.

Red Dragon is actually the first movie in the series, serving as a prequil to Silence of the Lambs. I thought this movie was totally awesome. The characters were not the typical ones that you would find in the other Hannibal Lecter movies, though (you know, the way they talk and act). Hannibal kept these traits, however, who is more of a supporting character instead of a main one. I would recommend that everyone see this movie. It's fantastic!

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted October 07, 2002 12:17      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Scotty, if you wanna see it again, we could go and see it together, since I live so close to you now! (Red Dragon that is)

Please don't start with the gay jokes, cuz I didn't mean for that to sound really bad.

[ October 07, 2002: Message edited by: Stapes ]

Posts: 2150 | From: Sconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Heero Yuy
Vault Champion
Member # 8

Member Rated:

posted October 08, 2002 00:51      Profile for Heero Yuy   Email Heero Yuy   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wouldn't think of it *Thinks of it*....

--------------------

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted October 09, 2002 01:59      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Ok so mebbe xXx is a bit weak on plot lol ill admit that, but I guess I tend to like movies...im not a hater

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted October 09, 2002 10:24      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
XXX isn't all that bad of a movie. I can tolerate Vin Diesel to a point, but when you have a sister that loves him, you can get quite sick of him.

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted October 09, 2002 11:17      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Diesel is a good actor, but I bet you any money that before Fast And The Furius (sp) that there was probably NO females who even knew that name. All of a sudden, that movie is released, and he becomes the hot guy that all chicks want to lay. What about Pitch Black?! Damn good movie, and damn good acting by Diesel. Why wasn't he popular then? And why can't women appreciate GOOD ACTING over GOOD LOOKS!? Hell, if I was female, I'd wanna be with Anthony Hopkins way before Diesel.

Ok, ok, enough of that rant. XXX is okay, but it reminded me of a James Bond movie. And I'm not a big James Bond fan.

And Stapes, I don't know, maybe. Get j00r ass on ICQ.

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted October 09, 2002 12:57      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Um, ok Scotty, I WAS ON ICQ, YOU WEREN'T!

I have seen Pitch Black and that movie did kick some total ass. I have most of the movies that star Vin Diesel and my sister keeps watching them. All I need now is Triple X and Pitch Black.

It did kinda resemble a James Bond movie, but yet, so does the Austin Powers series.

jello
Wandering Hero
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted October 09, 2002 19:16      Profile for jello   Email jello   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
how old is your sister?

Woah, james bond is so boaring, that it gives me a headache.

--------------------

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted October 09, 2002 23:28      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Yeah he was good in Pitch Black, he was probably the only decent actor in the damn movie though. Mebbe it was because I was watching it on an aeroplane with a splitting headache but I didn't like it.

--------------------

- Nietzsche

Heero Yuy
Vault Champion
Member # 8

Member Rated:

posted October 10, 2002 02:22      Profile for Heero Yuy   Email Heero Yuy   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah well Austin Powers was ment to pay out James Bond. DAHH!!!

--------------------

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted October 10, 2002 04:09      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Precisely Ace. Austin Powers is a comedy, James Bond is supposed to be action and suspense. Austin Powers and James Bond aren't in the same league to be compared, it's no contest. I agree with jello, James Bond is incredibly dull.

Plus, Slurry, you pretty much are right. There were no other really good actors in that movie, they all did a pretty mediocre job, which could explain why it wasn't a bigger hit.

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted October 10, 2002 07:55      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
I thought the first two Austin Powers movies were funny but Goldmember was sorta just a lame fest. It was still funny but it was kind of embarrasing that you actually found it amusing lol

--------------------

- Nietzsche

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted October 10, 2002 07:57      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Plus I don't like it because I have a birthmark on my cheek just below my eye and now all the year 8's are making 'the mole' jokes around me and going 'moley moley'. I got busted a while ago because 'as a year 12 im supposed to be setting a good example' and I smacked two of the little bastards over the head for being cheeky

--------------------

- Nietzsche

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted October 10, 2002 12:25      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
*picks up stick and hits Slurry's mole with it* *starts singing 'Moley, Moley, Moley, MOLLLEY!!!!'

And Jello, my sister is like 16 years old.

But Austin Powers was somewhat related to the James Bond movies. Or so I think.

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted October 10, 2002 12:55      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Slurry: I would've done the same thing.

Stapes: Have you ever seen a James Bond movie, and if so, did you manage to stay awake during its entirety?

jello
Wandering Hero
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted October 10, 2002 13:07      Profile for jello   Email jello   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"I smacked two of the little bastards over the head for being cheeky"

I congradulate you on that, bro.(non sarcastic) These kids really deserve it these days...

--------------------

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted October 10, 2002 18:14      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
*yawns* Sorry, I was just watching a James Bond movie. I guess I haven't stayed awake for more than 10 minutes of those movies.

I wouldn't smack little kids. Adults or kids my age, yes, but not little kids. I would have turned and walked away, taking the jokes. Believe me, I used to be picked on and the butt of all jokes and all I did was laugh at the jokes. I would never raise a hand to little kids (besides my sister).

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted October 10, 2002 22:34      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Yeah, I know what you mean Stapes, but its not bullying though, they four years younger than me. They were just really irritating me so I dished them a out a smack over the head as they walked past going 'moley moley'

--------------------

- Nietzsche

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted October 10, 2002 22:36      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
And I don't know, I always liked James Bond movies, but they have gone so stale now. The old ones are good fun though.

--------------------

- Nietzsche

Heero Yuy
Vault Champion
Member # 8

Member Rated:

posted October 10, 2002 23:16      Profile for Heero Yuy   Email Heero Yuy   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sure are...

--------------------

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted October 11, 2002 04:07      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
I can't say that I've seen of the older ones.

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted October 11, 2002 12:10      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
I haven't seen any of the older James Bond movies and have only been able to stay up for 10 minutes of the new ones.

You did smack them though Slurry. If you were in America you would have cops swarming your house for domestic disputes. My old step-brother beat the shit out of someone 2 years younger than him and got a huge fine.

jello
Wandering Hero
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted October 11, 2002 16:57      Profile for jello   Email jello   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
yeah, there's a difference between smacking on the head and beating the shit out.

He did a nice move I think; he put the kids in place, and didn't get into much trouble.

--------------------

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted October 11, 2002 18:02      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
How can smacking someone upside the head put them in their place? If anything that was sheer stupidity on Slurry's behalf. He is just lucky that the kids didn't get their parents or the cops involved.

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted October 11, 2002 20:12      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
No, not stupidity, but rather social order. Younger kids in my school are seen as inferior. Whenever there is a new Freshman class brought to the high school, they either fall into their low, social status, or they are put into it. Until you're 18 and out of high school, I don't see any alteration of this in my town.

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted October 12, 2002 00:36      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Oh cmon Stapes, its not like it hurt them or anything. I guess it was too aggro but still, it doesn't do any harm.

But ne way, its not worth talking about, they tease me, they get a smack over the head, they know better now, period.

The older James Bond movies like Moonraker and Goldfinger are pretty good.

--------------------

- Nietzsche

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted October 12, 2002 06:53      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
I didn't see either one of those. I might know someone that might have them on VHS that would let me borrow them, though, so maybe.......

Heero Yuy
Vault Champion
Member # 8

Member Rated:

posted October 12, 2002 16:07      Profile for Heero Yuy   Email Heero Yuy   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Than watch them Scotty...

--------------------

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted October 13, 2002 09:26      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
I will, just don't know when, because the guy that has them lives two hours away.

Heero Yuy
Vault Champion
Member # 8

Member Rated:

posted October 13, 2002 22:43      Profile for Heero Yuy   Email Heero Yuy   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That could be a problem. How about going to the video store or something?

--------------------

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted October 14, 2002 03:54      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Ace, you are amazing! Leave it to you to point out the obvious, and make me look dumb. w00t!, where would I be without you?!

All times are Central Time
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community