my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » StGFC Forums   » Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » LAN party tomorrow night at school! wooooot

Printable Version
Author Topic: LAN party tomorrow night at school! wooooot
jello
Wandering Hero
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted November 07, 2002 17:59      Profile for jello   Email jello   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There's gonna be a 27 hour lan party tomorrow at school.... niiiiice :-)))))

Major games at the menu: UT, WC3, CS...

I'll try to play the whole 27hours, and tell you about it hehehe... :-D

[ November 07, 2002: Message edited by: jello ]

--------------------

jump on her and demand sex!

Posts: 399 | From: montreal | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted November 07, 2002 19:04      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Do you have WC3?

If you do, what is your account name, cuz I'm always on D2 and it would be cool to talk for once.

Posts: 2150 | From: Sconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
jello
Wandering Hero
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted November 08, 2002 07:27      Profile for jello   Email jello   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't have WC3 *yet*

but thanks to file sharing... :-DDD

--------------------

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 08, 2002 12:28      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Hey, there's nothing wrong with that

Anyways, have fun! I was invited to go to a lan party last summer over in Washington with Rob and Killor (for those of you who don't know them, don't sweat it). My parents wouldn't let me take the car, though, so I was pretty much stuck in Wisconsin.

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
jello
Wandering Hero
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted November 08, 2002 17:49      Profile for jello   Email jello   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hm, what an irony. I can't take the car either, and they won't drive me. They just don't want me TO GO THERE GODDAMMITTTT!!!!

since allways man, they're restricted me from games. Just can't believe they're doing this!!!

Now i'm stuck here, feeling like i'm fucking 15 years old again...(hey, it's not a that bad feeling eh hehe)

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNN

--------------------

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted November 08, 2002 18:52      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Damn, that has got to suck. My mom will let me take the car whereever I want to go, whenever I want to go and she doesn't keep calling to make sure I'm fine.

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 09, 2002 08:44      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Tough break there, jello. My parents are pretty much the same as Stapes'. As long as I don't wreck the car, I can use it.

jello
Wandering Hero
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted November 09, 2002 12:48      Profile for jello   Email jello   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I can use it, but just not for this(videogames).... Neways, this last sentence should've been at the past tense.

Cause I finally got to convince them to lemme go...

Well, it's been like 35 hours I've been awake... And the time I slept before those 35h was 4h....

My left eye is red... don't think my mom'll like that lol.

Hehehe, well it's been my first LAN party _ever_, so it's special. But it wasn't as great as I thought it would be. Mainly because there was like only 10 ppl, and some of em were gay-geekish... But it was good anyways.

Man, we played UT like HELL! It's the game we played the most and had the most fun with. And I invented a quote in this time period: "Who needs sleep when you got UT?"

Seriously, it's the thing that got me awake. This evening, I went to play some super-smash-bros on GC, and i'd find myself totally falling off to sleep while playing.. lol like, without being aware of it, and then i'd suddenly wake up..

Well, it's not finished yet, gotta tough it up till midnight, still 5hours.

And then it's real life again...

--------------------

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 09, 2002 13:15      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
*cheers for jello*! Way to go! It's great to hear that it worked out.

As for sleep, who really needs it? For me, most of my days consist of under seven hours of sleep during the school year. During vacations, weekends, and summer, it averages closer to ten or twelve hours......

Eh, either way, I don't think I could stay awake that long......

Well, before I go off on a useless rant, I'll say 'w00t da b00t, jello's l337!'

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted November 09, 2002 18:01      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
How can you say that Jello is an elite? Don't you have to do something really important to become and elite?

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 10, 2002 12:22      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Showing such dedication to gaming qualifies, doesn't it?

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted November 10, 2002 13:27      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
I don't think it does. Then I would be an elite already. I've played games for over 24 hours. I'm not considered an elite though.

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 10, 2002 15:31      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yeah, well, playing a game with yourself or online isn't the same as LANing.

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted November 11, 2002 04:02      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
It can be awesome getting together and playing games all night, I really enjoy it.

We had a Grand Turismo 2 and Tekken Tag marathon last night. I can hold my own in Tekken but im so fucked when it comes to racing games, I got owned!

I lost really badly to qa guy I was up against, who is a go-karter and an offroad 4WD driver with an advanced license, damn its embarrasing being beaten by a mini cooper in a rally car [Constapated] Well, thats what they dared him to do as a handicap, and he still beat me....

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Posts: 950 | From: Perth West Australia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
jello
Wandering Hero
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted November 11, 2002 07:02      Profile for jello   Email jello   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hehehe, I really appreciate the compliment, but i'm affraid I can't take it(unless u're using the casual l337 term). Cause being l337 is more than just being harcore. But since everybody uses it for anything these days, well, I might as well take it. :-)

I know I'm hardcore for sure tho. When I came home and slept, the day after, all I did is play starcraft. That was stupid. Slept at 3 and woke up at 6:30 for school. Didn't do any homework. Pretty stupid... And the worst part is that I don't even like starcraft!

--------------------

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 11, 2002 12:47      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
I thought I was the only one that doesn't like that game! Everyone around here think Starcraft is the biggest and greatest game ever, and hate it when I say 'Give me Warcraft II any day of the week, Starcraft is just a rip-off, futuristic version of Warcraft.'

jello
Wandering Hero
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted November 12, 2002 05:14      Profile for jello   Email jello   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, well I don't think that anybody can deny this fact you point out, but you make it sound so bad. I'd say starcraft is a more refined and subtle(versatile&complex) version of warcraft. There's definitely more strategy involved, and more brain power required.

But I don't know, i just don't like it...

--------------------

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted November 12, 2002 12:32      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Wait a minute? Starcraft sucks. It doesn't take more strategy than WC does. I would take any game of WC over Starcraft anyday of the week.

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 12, 2002 13:24      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
I never was able to get into Starcraft. I was a WC2 fan for years before I ever had SC, and the first thing I thought when playing this is 'It's a rip-off of Warcraft!' Yeah, maybe I'm wrong, but that's the distinct impression I recieved from it.

jello
Wandering Hero
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted November 12, 2002 15:29      Profile for jello   Email jello   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
well, rip-off means copy right? I'm saying the same thing, except is a more refined copy, that's all.

--------------------

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 12, 2002 17:00      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Ah yes, I see. You're right, it's the same thing.

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted November 13, 2002 01:37      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
I quite like Starcraft, but I imagine thats because I haven't played Warcraft 2 enough. But ill tell you what, the music is terrible!!

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Posts: 950 | From: Perth West Australia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
jello
Wandering Hero
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted November 13, 2002 04:07      Profile for jello   Email jello   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
lol, hmmm giving me topic ideas...

--------------------

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 13, 2002 06:50      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Hey, I always liked the WC2 music! On the other hand, I know a lot of people that can't stand it.

jello
Wandering Hero
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted November 13, 2002 07:56      Profile for jello   Email jello   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
wc2 music is aight...

But I forgot to tell you, I at the LAN, there was a guy with a p2.4 1gig ram 9700... Played ut2k3 on that, max settings, no lag whatsoever. It's awesome man. It's actually the only time I enjoyed ut2k3.

I saw doom3 too. Didn't see the framerate, but was pretty smooth too.

But man, mohaa(medalofhonour) is badly coded. Like, the options weren't even on the max, and it lagged...

--------------------

Heero Yuy
Vault Champion
Member # 8

Member Rated:

posted November 13, 2002 21:15      Profile for Heero Yuy   Email Heero Yuy   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Don't diss MoH! That is a real mans game, none of this CS bullshit...

--------------------

"I'll give you just one piece of advice... Dying hurts like hell." - Heero Yuy

Posts: 937 | From: Classified | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
jello
Wandering Hero
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted November 14, 2002 13:33      Profile for jello   Email jello   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
sure i agree it's a fun game. But it lags like caca.

when i tell you it lags on a p4-2.4 1024ram radeon9700, it's because it lags like caca. Like, ut2k3 ran super smooth.

--------------------

Heero Yuy
Vault Champion
Member # 8

Member Rated:

posted November 15, 2002 15:40      Profile for Heero Yuy   Email Heero Yuy   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
True I guess... I pick MoH over UT2K3 anyday...

--------------------

"I'll give you just one piece of advice... Dying hurts like hell." - Heero Yuy

Posts: 937 | From: Classified | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Central Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community