my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » StGFC Forums   » Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » what game music do you like? (Page 1)

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Printable Version
Author Topic: what game music do you like?
jello
Wandering Hero
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted November 13, 2002 04:20      Profile for jello   Email jello   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Man, first one that comes up to mind is the Hitman's "welcome screen"(like, the first interactive thing that loads; u can new game, change options...). I really liked that music.

Also, ff3's map music in the area where you find Gau.

What else, Chrono Trigger. A lot of this game's music is pretty good.

well, that's all I can think of right now...

You know, a while back, I wanted to start myself a music group, and we'd remake good old game music. But I heard there's already a group doing that, Atari...well bummer..

EDIT: erm... there is only 3 atari groups I could find, and none of them made remakes of game music. ok then, now if anybody here steals my idea, he's dead meat...

[ November 13, 2002: Message edited by: jello ]

--------------------

jump on her and demand sex!

Posts: 399 | From: montreal | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted November 13, 2002 04:54      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Yeah the Veldt music in Ff3 is pretty cool, I would have to say FF7 music is my favourite game music (the jacked up MIDI versions on the pc version, the PSX sounds like absolute crap) My specific fave would have to be the Mako Reactor music.

And I like the music in Ridge Racer type 4, its gotta be the best racing music I know (the game isnt that crash hot but the music i like)

My final choice would be the Red Alert music, its all cool and martial, just like real Red Army music, so it makes you feel like conquering the world!

I basically go for music that manipulates you into enjoying the game more.

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Posts: 950 | From: Perth West Australia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
jello
Wandering Hero
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted November 13, 2002 05:56      Profile for jello   Email jello   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"I basically go for music that manipulates you into enjoying the game more." yeah makes sense, but me, I meant more like music that sounds good.

but you think that psx sounds crappy? Man, what's ur sound card, cause all the options i'd try, i'd never get good music in ff7 pc. Like, i'd get a lot of guitar, but no drums, or a lot of drums but no guitar, and apart from that, it just sounded weird. I liked the psx music better.

Same thing with snes games. The music is queer on pc man... anybody knows why?

--------------------

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted November 13, 2002 06:34      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
With my soundcard it wasn't as dinky as the psx version, and it wasn't really overdone like i've seen Soundblasters do. Did you use the Yamaha midi synthesiser? It can sound overdone on some synthesisers I think.

I guess I shouldn't call the psx music crap. I just liked the way the music turns out on my pc better through a freak occurance. Lol my soundcard suck crap, but it does pretty good MIDI.

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted November 13, 2002 06:36      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
And you know what I mean, I like music that draws you into the game, that really fits whats happening at that point. Like in SNES games often the music makes up for the graphics because of its depth (well considering how old the SNES is now it was quality)

--------------------

- Nietzsche

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 13, 2002 06:55      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Fallout: Children of the Cathedral or maybe Fallout 2: Redding. I love those.

Ok, now to get away from Fallout.........

WC2, I think, has good music, although most can't stand it. If you want to talk about all-time best music from a game, you have to look at Mechwarrior 2. For me, it doesn't get any better than that.

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
jello
Wandering Hero
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted November 13, 2002 07:45      Profile for jello   Email jello   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
yeah, i just got me a mechwarrior song, and it's pretty good gotta admit, although i didn't expect it.

--------------------

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted November 13, 2002 12:34      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
The only thing that I think has good music is GTA3. There, you can flip through channels when you are driving a car. You can listen to talk radio, regae, rap and other types of music.

Posts: 2150 | From: Sconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
MAD-Matt
Outsider
Member # 88

Rate Member

posted November 13, 2002 17:14      Profile for MAD-Matt       Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
the only game music i lissn to alot is FF3/6 and FF7 just becuse i have it downloaded, and the games were prity good, just wish Scotty would hurry up with turning them from midi to MP3 so he can burn them for me [Robber]

--------------------

http://www.scooterdeath.com/
proud to be a crap farmer-MST3K

Posts: 31 | From: Mayville WI | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 13, 2002 17:57      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Stapes, I don't think that really qualifies. I can turn on the radio behind me and listen to the same stuff. The term 'game music' always gave me the impression that the music was exclusive to the game.

And yeah, anyone know a program that turns MIDI files into basically any other sound file extension? If I can get it to WAV or something, I can basically change it to everything else. MIDI just seems to be the crappy extension that no one likes

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted November 13, 2002 19:01      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Well, technically nobody specified whether it was the theme music or what. So I basically thought that GTA3 had good music on there. What other game can you listen to 5 different stations?

Heero Yuy
Vault Champion
Member # 8

Member Rated:

posted November 13, 2002 21:12      Profile for Heero Yuy   Email Heero Yuy   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I like any music which really trendy. E.g. Tekken 3 music.

--------------------

"I'll give you just one piece of advice... Dying hurts like hell." - Heero Yuy

Posts: 937 | From: Classified | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 14, 2002 06:33      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Still, why would you want to listen to pre-programmed radio stations on a game? Couldn't you just turn on a real radio and get more variety?

For me, I listen to Winamp while playing all GTA games. It's easier, I get to select exactly what I want to hear, and it helps motivate me to run more people over. In my opinion, GTA was designed as a game where you kill people, and that's that. Other features such as the radio are useless.

jello
Wandering Hero
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted November 14, 2002 13:30      Profile for jello   Email jello   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hehehe scotty, you remind me of when I used to play gta with cypress hill music. "SO YOU WANNA BE A RAP SUPERSTAR" while killin ppl a la new style outlaw.

Man, it sucks, my sound card won't get recognised by dos games. So i'm stuck playing gta in windows mode, which lags gayly.

--------------------

FALLOUTGOD
Wandering Hero
Member # 94

Member Rated:

posted December 22, 2002 20:05      Profile for FALLOUTGOD   Email FALLOUTGOD   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 161401573   
I don't know what anyone is talking about so I scrolled down to the bottom. All I heard is music and I got a funny story about it. I was sitting outside and this guy walks up. I relize he was a badass dude who I knew from last year. He told me he was in juvy or some shit like it for a time. I said that blows ass, and started to put in my Red Hot Chili Pepers CD in my player. He gave me a look I never seen him make before, he said "WTF are you listining to and wtf are you puting in". I showed him my Snoop CD in my player "Snoop Dog fool!" He looked at me funny again and said "Why the fuck are you listining to that shit?" I tried to explian "I expanded my musical horizon man" I says. He digs in his backpack and pulls out a cardboard demo CD cover. "Well this will help you narrow you horizon down a bit" and he handed me the CD.

Here is what it was and as he put it "The most hardcore balls to the wall death metal your hairless monkey ass will ever hear"

Demons of the Fall
Fall-Winter 2002 Sampler

Dark Tranquillity (www.darktranquility.com)
1.Monochromatic Stains.3:37
2.Final Resistance.3:01

S E N T E N C E D (www.sentenced.org)*BADASS BAND*
3.Excuse Me While I Kill Myself.3:49 *BADASS SONG*
4.Blood & Tears.4:16 *cool song*

Lancuna Coil (www.lancunacoil.it)*good band*
5.Swamped.4:00
6.Heaven's A Lie.4:16 *good song*

Shadows Fall (www.shadowsfall.com)
7.Thoughts Without Words.4:32
8.Destroyer Of Senses.2:55

Arch Enemy (www.archenemy.net) *good band*
9.Ravenous.4:06
10.Heart Of Darkness.4:52

Into Eternity (www.intoetyernity.com)
11.Absolution Of The Soul.3:58

[SKINLAB] (www.skinlab1.com) *badass band*
12.Anthem For A Fallen Star (edit).3:08

Dimension Zero (www.dimensionzero.org)
13.Silent Night Fever.3:20

Rotting Christ (www.rotting-christ.com)
14.Quintessence.4:49

The Forsaken (www.theforsaken.net)
15.Cold Flesh Colony.4:07

Dream Evil (www.dreamevil.mu)
16.Chasing The Dragon.4:01

Blind Guardian (www.blind-guardian.com)*cool band*
17.The Soulforged.5:18

SO START YOUR MUSIC DOWNLOADERS AND DL THIS STUFF! My work is done back to downloading more songs as my usual pastime around this time...
HA

--------------------

xcuse me while i kill my self
blow my brain across the wall
fuck you all, how do you do
fuck me? fuck you too
and now i end this all

xcuse me while...... i kill my seeeeeeeeeeeeeelf

Posts: 389 | From: some-place-near-hell | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
jello
Wandering Hero
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted December 22, 2002 21:12      Profile for jello   Email jello   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ahhhhh.... been a while I haven't heard good music.

I just had time to d/l two songs tho, the first two.

monochrome: GREAT GREAT music, but shitty shitty voice. Could've been an great beautiful song, but he kind of fucked it up with his voice. oh well.

resistance: didn't like it.

(i'll give more feedback as I have more time, i know it sounds a bit negative now, but we'll see)

[ December 22, 2002: Message edited by: jello ]

--------------------

FALLOUTGOD
Wandering Hero
Member # 94

Member Rated:

posted December 22, 2002 21:16      Profile for FALLOUTGOD   Email FALLOUTGOD   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 161401573   
Yeah I don't like overly raspy voices you should dl Sentenced, I like them, good lyrics(if not a bit sarcastic at times), and he dosen distort his voice.

Um so I don't get blamed for killing the topic direction the game music I like GTA Vice City. I hate techno, I mean there are some great sounds but then again I want some singing and opnion expression I agree with. In this GTA the songs and what the DJ say are not planed out they are randomly put together if any of you noticed. Which I find very cool, and the fact that the amount of songs on the cd is like 100 CD's worth id say GTA Vice City has the best music soundtrack period. There just aint any way you can argue it, theres at least a few songs you like on it or think are ok. No other game that I know of allows you to choose what kind of songs you feel like listening to. Some days I feel like rock, sometimes in my suit I feel like disco, and when I'm in a gang outfit I feel like mexican music.... so yeah and so on and so on....

[ December 22, 2002: Message edited by: FALLOUTGOD ]

--------------------

fuck me? fuck you too
and now i end this all

jello
Wandering Hero
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted December 22, 2002 22:20      Profile for jello   Email jello   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
kill myself: Good song overall, but had some awkward moments at some points which stopped it from being much better. Some awkward moments in the voice notes i mean. The kind of awkwardness you get sometimes in Stratovarius(the beginning of stratovarius-destiny is an example). Like, the last note of 2 verses is too high at some points for example, sounds bad I think.
aaanyways, but it had some very good moments in the voice at some points, like when he says "This is where I draw the lines. excuse me while, I end my life".

blood & tears: ok, no comments

--------------------

jello
Wandering Hero
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted December 22, 2002 22:24      Profile for jello   Email jello   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
a band you gotta try is sethian. They aren't known(in fact, 0 hits on kazaa). I know it from the stratovarius message board. Went to their site and got me a few songs, gotta say it's pretty good. Gonna post em on my website when I make one.

--------------------

Heero Yuy
Vault Champion
Member # 8

Member Rated:

posted December 23, 2002 00:07      Profile for Heero Yuy   Email Heero Yuy   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Heh... I have no clue about any of the bands mentioned! I like Tupac... [Depressed]

--------------------

rad-x
Vault Citizen
Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted December 23, 2002 02:40      Profile for rad-x     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Deus Ex - my third favourite game in the entire world.

Of course the music is a matter of taste - some people think it is 80's techno music trying to be cyber cool. Well actually I don't play the actual game with music because when combat starts it encourages tension and for some reason you feel the need to run about 5 miles.

Of course combat only lasts about 5 seconds for me when I use the Dragon's Tooth Sword.

Fallout 2 didn't have good music - it didn't even have a good plot - it was just the feeling that Fallout provokes in being able to truly complete quests in your own way.

Game Music? All Star Wars games of course!

--------------------

As I gaze up at the night sky in my own fair time, I look back down and see the devastation. This post-nuclear world. It's terrible. But at least we got Nuka-Cola, warm and flat, the drink of the post-apocalyptic civiliztion. Generation Next!

Posts: 466 | From: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
FALLOUTGOD
Wandering Hero
Member # 94

Member Rated:

posted December 23, 2002 02:47      Profile for FALLOUTGOD   Email FALLOUTGOD   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 161401573   
What you said about Fallout 2 is true but that is what I believe makes a great rpg. It seems to me that you are saying it like it's a bad thing.

Are you saying Fallout 2 is not as good of a plot as Star Wars?

*Watches as the darkness of the night lights up with tiny little red eyes that start to stare at ishootghoulsonsight... waiting for his response... which will ofcurse decide his fate*

*DUM DUM DUM!*

--------------------

fuck me? fuck you too
and now i end this all

rad-x
Vault Citizen
Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted December 23, 2002 08:18      Profile for rad-x     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Pal you need to learn to read. When did I say Fallout 2's plot was inferior to Star Wars? I didn't okay. Why the hell do you think I'm on a Fallout site? My last sentance said that Star Wars games have good game music because it is the movie soundtrack.

Of course you agree with what I say. I have even said I love the way Fallout lets you handle Fallout quests but you seem to think I think it sucks. I say the music isn't that good, and neither is the plot BUT the way it works makes the bad points almost invisible. OK.

[ December 23, 2002: Message edited by: ishootghoulsonsight ]

--------------------

As I gaze up at the night sky in my own fair time, I look back down and see the devastation. This post-nuclear world. It's terrible. But at least we got Nuka-Cola, warm and flat, the drink of the post-apocalyptic civiliztion. Generation Next!

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 23, 2002 09:32      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yeah, I agree, FG pretty much misinterpreted the whole post.

I still think that MechWarrior 2 has some of the best game music around. Plus, it's a classic to begin with, which makes it even better

As for the songs, I'll dl some later.

FALLOUTGOD
Wandering Hero
Member # 94

Member Rated:

posted December 23, 2002 12:09      Profile for FALLOUTGOD   Email FALLOUTGOD   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 161401573   
Oh well I diden't see the phrase "I LOVE FALLOUT" ne-where in it so I figured you ment something else...

--------------------

fuck me? fuck you too
and now i end this all

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted December 23, 2002 12:36      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
quote:
Originally posted by Page:
Heh... I have no clue about any of the bands mentioned! I like Tupac... [Depressed]

Tupac is AWESOME! Did you get his newest cd that just came out a couple of weeks ago?

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted December 23, 2002 12:39      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Um, I don't think that I'll be dling any of those songs. I'm not that big into that kind of music.

Heero Yuy
Vault Champion
Member # 8

Member Rated:

posted December 23, 2002 22:37      Profile for Heero Yuy   Email Heero Yuy   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah I did Stapes!

--------------------

rad-x
Vault Citizen
Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted December 24, 2002 08:04      Profile for rad-x     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
2PAC has been dead for about__________years. Surely the list of songs must run dry soon. Last single of his I bought was 'Changes.'

--------------------

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted December 24, 2002 09:00      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
I just got his newest cd also. There are too many conspiracies now that I'm not going to go into details on Tupac.

jello
Wandering Hero
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted December 24, 2002 12:19      Profile for jello   Email jello   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
wass the deal with tupac anyway? I thought(before understanding lyrics) that he was like such a human loving hero, but now I more and more think he's just another piece of shit making his money and polluting society(well, less than dre and snoop, and the king polluter slim).

Now, I gotta admit that Tupac's music sounds very good.

--------------------

FALLOUTGOD
Wandering Hero
Member # 94

Member Rated:

posted December 24, 2002 15:19      Profile for FALLOUTGOD   Email FALLOUTGOD   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 161401573   
Um I think you take everything that artists say WAAAAAAAY too seriouslly jello. I mean... come one give it a rest man. Plus I have no Idea what you mean by them being bad for society. I know nsync and brittny are but I don't think Marylin Manson or System of a Down are! They play what they want the way they want and they make more sense then all the pop bands put together if you actually bother to listen and ponder their lyrics. Even though the collection of old and new tracks by SOAD that they released is somewhat contradictive I still like their other stuff...

--------------------

fuck me? fuck you too
and now i end this all

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 24, 2002 16:38      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
heheheheheh, I guess I'll agree with that, FG. I mean, I listen to a bunch of different music, and I take none of the lyrics seriously. Just because Eminem raps about slapping hoes doesn't mean that I'm going to do it. Then again, there are those people who are heavily influenced by music and probably would be that easily persuaded. Those people should be systematically removed from the gene pool.

If everyone just let everyone else listen to what they want, and if people would stop being so easily influenced by music, society would be better off.

FALLOUTGOD
Wandering Hero
Member # 94

Member Rated:

posted December 24, 2002 16:57      Profile for FALLOUTGOD   Email FALLOUTGOD   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 161401573   
I don't think I could have said it any better Scotty. Mainly coz my grammer is crappy...

--------------------

fuck me? fuck you too
and now i end this all

jello
Wandering Hero
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted December 24, 2002 21:39      Profile for jello   Email jello   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Gotta agree with you guys eh... bad habit I got there(of taking lyrics seriously).

But then the artists are stupid to put crap in there. I mean, u put time and effort and *hopefully* love into making your music, and then ruin it all with bullshit lyrics? oh well.
EDIT: and don't they feel some responsability, don't they care about anything except their money? naaah, money's what it's aaalll about. Cause they know that this kind of crap is gonna sell in stupid america, which has its values already fuckedslkfsl....i'm gonna stop now.

As of Marylin Manson, I think he's a fag. Although I know very little about him, I think he's a fake ass fag, just making his money acting out bullshit to the kids.

[ December 24, 2002: Message edited by: jello ]

--------------------

All times are Central Time
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community