my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » StGFC Forums   » Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » Got me a dreamcast

Printable Version
Author Topic: Got me a dreamcast
jello
Wandering Hero
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted December 23, 2002 16:45      Profile for jello   Email jello   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
As an end of semester self-present for my *enormous efforts* to barely pass my classes.

It's fine... Althought it's not as fine as I thought, it's ok.... I dunno, maybe i'm getting too old for consoles. Since the snes, I never owned a console and went to PC, now I reeeealllyy really enjoy pc games compared to console.

Got like 17 games, most crap, a few ok ones.
Virtua Fighter 3
Space Channel 5 (Ulala's sexy in that)
Crazy Taxi 2
Code Veronica [Smoking]
NHL 2k2
Virtua Striker 2
A racing game

just bought Blue Stinger for 15 bucks, haven't tried yet.

Gotta get shenmue, I know.

--------------------

jump on her and demand sex!

Posts: 399 | From: montreal | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 23, 2002 16:53      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Cool, congrats jello.

As for consoles, I never had one myself. The closest thing to a console that I ever had was a game boy, but after a while that got old and I came running back to my PC. Ever since then, I never left it, nor needed a reason to.

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
jello
Wandering Hero
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted December 23, 2002 17:02      Profile for jello   Email jello   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
indeed, but you're missing some good stuff like Resident Evil, or parasite Eve, one of the few games I had the chance to complete while borrowing my friend's psx.

Who liked Parasite Eve?

Dude, Resident Evil was so frightening man! It was really the first one, I don't know, the way it was made was just frightening. Like, you never knew what was lurking around the corner, being very afraid for you life, with your 7 bullets left. And just the mood man...

I realised this when I played the RE remake on gamecube.

The gamecube's owner confessed he was really affraid playing at night with lights closed.

First time I played RE, forget about it man, I was 12 years old, shit in my pants

--------------------

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 23, 2002 17:09      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
heheheheheh, sounds like fun. I realize that there are some good games that I am missing out on, but for the most part from what I've seen, the games on consoles I don't really like. The graphics and general feel of a console game is nothing compared to how it is on a computer. Maybe that's because I haven't expereinced enough console games, but for the most part I wasn't impressed with them. The graphics, too blocky; the effects, too cheesy; the hp, just damned annoying. I saw one of my friends playing Final Fantasy (I think it was 10, not sure though), and he was using spells that would do about 1,000 damage, and hardly scratch the enemy. What the hell is that?

Eh, like I said, I probably haven't experienced enough console games to like, or even think highly, of them. Maybe when I have more money, I'll go out and buy one, but I doubt it.

FALLOUTGOD
Wandering Hero
Member # 94

Member Rated:

posted December 23, 2002 17:37      Profile for FALLOUTGOD   Email FALLOUTGOD   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 161401573   
Yeah FFX enemys get outragous amounts of hp near the end of the game(which my friend is at but I'm no where near). As all FF games this ones lvling system and stats are unique, although the use of spell and counter elemental theory is all still the same. If you use the proper spell it does like 1.5 the damage usually done. If you use the wrong one it will do .5 or will heal the monster. This is cool becuse the summons can heal themselves with their attacks. Well at least the shiva,ifrit, and that horse thing can. In any case don't judge counsles by a single game, I did this once and boy was I wrong. Just like PC games, some are really shity while others are amazing. I suggest either PS2 or XBOX, I know for a fact PS2 has a lot of good games but this game and preformance fanatic I know argures that XBOX is going to be better and it's games will have better graphics. I read up on it and becuse of the way they made the PS2 XBOX will be better but I havent really played any XBOX games so don't take my word for it. I will say that PS2 games are usually fun, like FFX, Bloodrayne, GTA Vice City, Oshima(not sure how to spell it) and so forth. So if you want to really try counsole games buy a PS2 or borrow it. I always rent games before I buy em, or just beat em while I rent them. Thats bout all the advice I can give.

--------------------

xcuse me while i kill my self
blow my brain across the wall
fuck you all, how do you do
fuck me? fuck you too
and now i end this all

xcuse me while...... i kill my seeeeeeeeeeeeeelf

Posts: 389 | From: some-place-near-hell | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 23, 2002 17:42      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Hmmmm, yeah, very intruiging. My brother-in-law has an X-Box, and he seems to really like it.

BTW, I know one game that has especially caught my eye and may convince me to buy an X-Box myself: Mech Assault! I'm a huge fan of the Mech series, and Mech Assault is going to be released for the X-Box (and maybe PS2, not sure though), and I don't know if they will eventually release it for PC or not. Eh, either way, I've seen previews of that game. Looks very good.

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted December 23, 2002 18:49      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Yeah, Mech Assault does look like a good game, and it is only being made for X-Box. Myself, I like PS2. I just got one for Christmas (won't see my dad so he gave it to me) and for my birthday (last friday) I got GTA Vice City. That game is really awesome. You get guns that people actually own, and then if you kill enough cops the swat team comes down from a helicopter and you can keep killing them and stealing their weapons. Total in one game I killed over 200 cops.

I'm not that big into FF. I would rather play games that have a realistic plot. Not some Japanese cartoon shit. I'm just big on sports games, racing games, Grand Theft Auto, and some of the newer WWE wrestling games.

Posts: 2150 | From: Sconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 23, 2002 18:55      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
AH! Thanks for bringing up the dumb wrestling games!

I hate those things. The graphics, they say, are '3D', while in reality the people look like horrible block figures. I hate that! Plus, from what I've seen about those games, they are all generally the same. Also, it always seems like no matter what you do to your opponent, they never get hurt or stay down at all. You can do anything from a tornado DDT to putting them through a table, and they still get up lickity split. That's a bunch of shit.

Those games are too damned annoying for my taste.

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted December 23, 2002 19:03      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Yeah, but I'm an avid wrestling fanatic and watch it every chance that I get. I missed it tonight though, because my Dad doesn't have cable here. As for the game, yeah the people are misshaped, but it is kinda cool to be able to have all different types of matches. Hell in a Cell, Table match, TLC, 3 Stages of Hell (3 different matches), Street fight, Ladder match, Hardcore, etc. I think it is pretty cool to just be able to put someone through the top of Hell in a Cell, or put someone through a table. I just love the games!

Posts: 2150 | From: Sconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 23, 2002 19:09      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Are the street fights actually in the streets?! The last few 'street' fights I saw on WWE were just regular hardcore matches. What a fucking ripoff.

As for the different types of matches, I don't really see that much appeal to it. I think a game like that (or any sports game) would get really boring really fast, because there is only so much you can do.

FALLOUTGOD
Wandering Hero
Member # 94

Member Rated:

posted December 23, 2002 19:10      Profile for FALLOUTGOD   Email FALLOUTGOD   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 161401573   
I hate wrestling games and I agree with Scotty, you should get Tekken thats the shit. There was a tournament in a local store when it came out and this guy I know from school whooped some serious ass. He went away with gift certificates and a free Tekken. I like it becuse it is more fast pased then wrestling where it takes like 5 seconds for someone to throw a lame punch. I rather learn some funky combos and test my brawns against other players latter when I'm better. Well... too lazy actually and even though I like tekken it still aint my style of gameplay. I like rpgs and the like... that and some shooters.... thats bout it.

--------------------

xcuse me while i kill my self
blow my brain across the wall
fuck you all, how do you do
fuck me? fuck you too
and now i end this all

xcuse me while...... i kill my seeeeeeeeeeeeeelf

Posts: 389 | From: some-place-near-hell | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Heero Yuy
Vault Champion
Member # 8

Member Rated:

posted December 23, 2002 22:39      Profile for Heero Yuy   Email Heero Yuy   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I love wrestling games! They make me laugh like the show!

--------------------

"I'll give you just one piece of advice... Dying hurts like hell." - Heero Yuy

Posts: 937 | From: Classified | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
jello
Wandering Hero
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted December 24, 2002 05:35      Profile for jello   Email jello   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree that wrestling games got boring now, but when it came out man, foget about it!

I'll never forget that party we had at my friend's birthday. We were all a bunch of 14yr olds, and we rented WCW on N64. We had 4 gamepads, and boy, did we have a blast!

But now it's gotten old and shitty, I know.

Oh, and i've never liked wrestling on tv; slow and boring fights.

--------------------

All times are Central Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community