my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » StGFC Forums   » Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » 9 Days Left (Page 1)

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Printable Version
Author Topic: 9 Days Left
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 25, 2003 18:31      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Until my last day of school! That means that I will be doing updates to the site once again. Between work and school and hangin' out with my friends, I haven't had any time for the site in probably over a month. June 3 is my last day of high school, plus I have off of work from June3-9, so I'm hoping to get a lot of stuff done around here.

That means that if there is anything you guys want to see added/changed/altered/removed from the site, now is the time to tell me about it because I'll actually have the time for once to do something about it. I'm open to all suggestions right now, so I expect some useful responses.

Also, just to let you all know, there is gonna be a Trivia Contest involving Fallout, Fallout 2, and Tactics. The contest is open to everyone except those in the Proconsul. Plus, right now the Proconsul is discussing holding the First Annual Fallout Site Awards. Basically, there will be different categories (such as Best Site, Best Source of News, etc) and there will be 3-5 sites nominated for each one. Then, people get to go vote on which site they think should get the award. These awards are basically designed to honor Fallout fan pages (therefore, sorry, no Interplay or other official sites for Fallout will be included).

Anyways, both the Contest and the Awards are probably gonna be held at the end of June (I was thinking from June 15-30) but that depends on how quick the Proconsul can get the details ironed out.

There ya have it; something to look forward to

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted May 26, 2003 14:56      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
I get out of school the 3rd also! This is so fun though. I'm having a huge bonfire out at my dad's house that night and the 8th (graduation day). Scotty, if you want, you could come as long as you BYOB,B,B! (Bring Your Own Beer, Bitches, Blunt!) Anyways, I'm so close to not being able to graduate right now, but luckily I am going to graduate. I'm getting over $10,000 for graduation from parents, grandparents, and aunts and uncles! That way I can get rid of my piece of shit car and actually get a decent one.

Posts: 2150 | From: Sconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 26, 2003 15:06      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Heh, too bad my relatives are all assholes that I can't stand to talk to. So I try to ignore 'em completely and at all costs.

As a result, I won't be gettin' shit from them. Ah well, at least I got a job, a car, and enough money to get by.

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted May 27, 2003 00:05      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Yeah. I don't get along with my moms side of the family, but my dads side is all fun and games. They'll make fun of anybody for any reason. They'll do that for hours. They made fun of my brother for 3 days because he had a new girlfriend. That is how funny they are, not to mention how rich they are!

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 27, 2003 06:51      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Cool, people to smootch off of!

Anyways, I gotta get this thread back on track because this one is actually supposed to serve a purpose. With that in mind, again I ask, is there anything anybody would directly like to see changed about the site?

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted May 27, 2003 10:21      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
That'll be fun finishing school, but after a while you often don't know what to do with yourself with all the free time.

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Posts: 950 | From: Perth West Australia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted May 27, 2003 20:13      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
I thought that was on track. Basically you said that you had 9 days before graduation. I then said yeah, I get out that day too, and invited you to my party. Then I started talking about how rich my uncles were so I'd be getting lots of money.

Anyways, whatever you want to change with the site, go for it.

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 28, 2003 15:35      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
quote:
Originally posted by Stapes:
Anyways, whatever you want to change with the site, go for it.

Yeah, but remember, this is more or less a democratic site. That comment makes it sound more communistic ('do whatever you wanna do, you're in charge')

If I didn't care what any of you thought, I would've went ahead with the changes on my own. But I decided to ask first instead.

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted May 28, 2003 21:50      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
No, that isn't what I meant. I meant that I didn't have any problems/suggestions for the site.

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 29, 2003 06:50      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Good! And remember, all people are created equal but some are more equal than others

Now, first person to name which book that quote is from (except a few words are changed in my post, but it's still basically the same) gets a cookie.

rad-x
Vault Citizen
Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted May 29, 2003 12:38      Profile for rad-x     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Don't you want to live free? School is free. It's a free life.

Well, in the UK anyway.

(boastful) The FREE national health service!

Lalalalalalalalala!

Anyway, anything interesting happening around here?

RAD's update:
Well in my country...
News - Grey squirrels are invading Scotland, and the red squirrel is dying out (true!).

Real football - Scotland drew with New Zealand 1-1, and this German old man (we're in the same Euro 2004 qualifying group) started laughing on TV.

Fallout Community:
I've been enjoying the 'Who do you think is sexier?' thread on NMA. It's great fun! [Cool]

Phil's getting some combat and inventory system sorted out.

Me:
Finished exams

Right, see you all in a month..bye..

--------------------

As I gaze up at the night sky in my own fair time, I look back down and see the devastation. This post-nuclear world. It's terrible. But at least we got Nuka-Cola, warm and flat, the drink of the post-apocalyptic civiliztion. Generation Next!

Posts: 466 | From: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 30, 2003 06:46      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Aight, well, I have final exams comin' up in a little while (next Monday and Tuesday to specify) so after that I'm home free.

And school is mandatory here, at least through high school.

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted May 30, 2003 10:40      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Yeah, go REAL football!!!, not that gridiron crap, or Aussie rules (yes im australian but i still have a right to hate it) but Soccer!

lol thats happening to squirrels all over great britain i think...it must be some crazy clan of red squirrel eaters

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted May 30, 2003 15:57      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
*puts down his Kentucky Fried Squirrel* What do you mean squirrel eaters? *takes another bite* HMMMMM....SQUIRREL!

rad-x
Vault Citizen
Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted May 31, 2003 11:54      Profile for rad-x     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Slurrydevil:
Yeah, go REAL football!!!, not that gridiron crap, or Aussie rules (yes im australian but i still have a right to hate it) but Soccer!

lol thats happening to squirrels all over great britain i think...it must be some crazy clan of red squirrel eaters

You know Mark Viduka once played for my team Celtic, while Tony Vidmar and Craig Moore played for Rangers.

Can't believe you beat England! YES!

--------------------

As I gaze up at the night sky in my own fair time, I look back down and see the devastation. This post-nuclear world. It's terrible. But at least we got Nuka-Cola, warm and flat, the drink of the post-apocalyptic civiliztion. Generation Next!

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted June 02, 2003 17:20      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Hmmm, I'm pretty sure the rest of us are lost by now. At least, I am. Sorry, I'm not much of a sports fan.

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted June 02, 2003 19:04      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
I have one question. How the hell did we start talking about Soccer from a post that had nothing to do with soccer, but rather with school being mandatory. Another thing, how did we start talking about Squirrel eaters, and where did that come from?

rad-x
Vault Citizen
Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted June 03, 2003 04:53      Profile for rad-x     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Me. I pop in once a month, I talk shit, I leave.

--------------------

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted June 03, 2003 09:49      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yup. Guess that would make ya a semi-regular around here. You're one of those that disappears but we know will be back

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted June 03, 2003 10:45      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Same as me, hell you know how much i dissapear!

--------------------

- Nietzsche

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted June 03, 2003 12:04      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
*jumps back* Holy shit. Didn't see that one comin Slurry! WHEWY! Jumped out of nowhere.

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted June 04, 2003 11:15      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
BTW, I want to take this chance to emphatically exclaim that I made it through high school! That's right, the last day was yesterday! w00t da b00t!

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted June 04, 2003 20:36      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Luckily I passed all my finals so I'm going to graduate!

rad-x
Vault Citizen
Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted June 06, 2003 08:40      Profile for rad-x     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Damn! I could never have an American graduation. I'd just be too embarassed, what with the crap clothes and hat. And that awful trombone music.

Well done guys. 1 year at least left for me. You know what? It feels like forever. Thank God, it'll be over soon.

--------------------

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted June 06, 2003 09:13      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yeah, and just to warn you, the last month of your last year does take forever. Each day seems like an eternity (at least it did for me). It really sucks.

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted June 07, 2003 19:29      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Depending on how many days you have between the last day and your graduation, a little word of wisdom! DON'T GET DRUNK EVERY DAY! IT SUCKS!

Well, there ya have it. My graduation is tomorrow afternoon and then I'm out in the free world!

rad-x
Vault Citizen
Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted June 08, 2003 07:50      Profile for rad-x     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's tommorrow, and as it's 13:50 in Scotland, it must be morning in 'Sconsin. Good luck Stapes!

--------------------

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted June 08, 2003 11:25      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Thanks a lot! Only 1 1/2 hours left!

rad-x
Vault Citizen
Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted June 08, 2003 15:24      Profile for rad-x     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED then Stapes?

--------------------

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted June 08, 2003 17:35      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Should be if his was today. It is for me; my graduation was today, so I'm finally outta there. w00t da b00t!

BTW, Stapes, I heard today that a tornado hit Fondy. Sorry for the horrible short-term memory, but don't you live around there?

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted June 09, 2003 09:45      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Unfortunately I do live there. It hit up there around about 4:30, and I was in Lomira at a friends graduation party then. The tornado wasn't even close to where I live anyways.

Yeah, as for graduating. Yes, I did graduate. The best part was when my classmates pulled out silly string from under the chairs and just started sprayin the shit out of all of the seniors/faculty!

[ June 09, 2003: Message edited by: Stapes ]

rad-x
Vault Citizen
Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted June 09, 2003 12:05      Profile for rad-x     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Silly string?

--------------------

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted June 09, 2003 14:53      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Eh, cultural differences? Maybe you don't have silly string over where you guys live; I wouldn't know, I never had the opportunity to be outside of the U.S.

Anyways, it's just basically a can full of compressed foam-type stuff that you can spray at people. If you shake it, it sprays as a string. If you don't shake it, it resembles shaving cream.

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted June 10, 2003 00:05      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Yeah everyone has that crap...i think Silly String is just a brand name though ...i dunno what its called here.

--------------------

- Nietzsche

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted June 10, 2003 00:07      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
BTW congrats on finishing Stapes and Scotty, may the sex, drugs and whatever the hell kind of music you like come to ya!

--------------------

- Nietzsche

All times are Central Time
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community