my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » StGFC Forums   » Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » w00t da b00t!!

Printable Version
Author Topic: w00t da b00t!!
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted June 20, 2003 00:15      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
I finally got a database to work on the site! Yes, that's right, I have a database that is working and actually doing what it's supposed to be doing. Basically, after almost two hours of repeated trial and error, I was finally able to create a database for the member's list. That way, once everything is done, all I have to do when there is a new member is spend one minute adding the info into the database. Otherwise, I would have had to edit the member's list, add a new row, enter all of the information, and then upload the file. Basically it's a huge time-saver.

Eh, anyways, back to working on the database and entering the rest of the information.

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
FALLOUTGOD
Wandering Hero
Member # 94

Member Rated:

posted June 20, 2003 03:04      Profile for FALLOUTGOD   Email FALLOUTGOD   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 161401573   
I have no clue as to what your talking about but congrats anyways!

--------------------

xcuse me while i kill my self
blow my brain across the wall
fuck you all, how do you do
fuck me? fuck you too
and now i end this all

xcuse me while...... i kill my seeeeeeeeeeeeeelf

Posts: 389 | From: some-place-near-hell | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted June 20, 2003 14:14      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
heheheheheheh, yeah well, I had to post something because this is spiffy shit that I've managed to do in only a few hours with no prior experience. Go me!

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted June 21, 2003 05:32      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Yeah that is a good idea Scotty, im amazed you figured one of those damn things out...they confuse the hell out of me!

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Posts: 950 | From: Perth West Australia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted June 21, 2003 11:20      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Sorry I haven't been around lately, but I'm at my dad's house and am just about to head out on the road with him. We are going to Atlanta, GA and won't be back until later this week. Well, I'll try to update when I get back.

Anyways, congrats on the database.

Posts: 2150 | From: Sconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted June 21, 2003 13:45      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Thanks

And good luck Stapes.

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted June 25, 2003 19:41      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Well, just got back about 30 mins ago. Recap of what happened:

1) Drove to Atlanta
2) Unloaded in Atlanta
3) Helped some people whose car flipped right in front of us,
4) Came home

It wasn't all that fun of a trip. The only fun part about it was seeing all of the sights. I went past the Corvette plant and the Corvette museum, saw tons of different automobile plants. My dad almost lost control of his semi while we were coming down a mountain in Tennessee.

That is about all the fun that I had!

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted June 25, 2003 19:56      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Geez, losing control of a semi would not be, um, good. Anyways, it's nice to see that you made it back.

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted June 25, 2003 23:00      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Uh, no....it's not good at all. My dad once blacked out while driving lost control and rolled a semi and skidded within a few feet of a house. Made headline news all over Wisconsin, even though that was about 6 years ago.

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted June 26, 2003 00:56      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Sheesh man, did he get injured? I would imagine that it wouldn't be too easy to walk away from something like that. As for it making headlines, I didn't pay much attention to any news back then so I wouldn't know. :s

BTW, just to let you guys know, I finally do have the automated member's list finished. It can be found at: http://www.stgfc.com/list2.php3 This will become the official member's list; the only thing that might change is the file name (so it would be list.php3)

FALLOUTGOD
Wandering Hero
Member # 94

Member Rated:

posted June 26, 2003 10:15      Profile for FALLOUTGOD   Email FALLOUTGOD   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 161401573   
eh Scotty I turned 17 some time ago.... yeah... and whats up with ace's position? Are you guys at war or is it just a joke?

--------------------

fuck me? fuck you too
and now i end this all

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted June 26, 2003 11:18      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Ok, let me go change that......... done!

And for Ace's rank, that was just a joke, I'll change it back later. The reason for it was because of a script test; I needed to change something to see if the edit function of the script worked.

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted June 26, 2003 13:35      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Scotty, according to my latest knowledge, you said that your birthday was July 4th. Therefore, you are still 17, and not 18!

Another thing, you have to change my position to Head Scribe.

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted June 26, 2003 19:21      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yeah, well, close enough. And I'll change your position tonight after I get home from work.

FALLOUTGOD
Wandering Hero
Member # 94

Member Rated:

posted June 28, 2003 23:48      Profile for FALLOUTGOD   Email FALLOUTGOD   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 161401573   
[Wierd Smile] hehe funny faces

er also you can look in my profile and the rest of the info in that place too

poor j00, got all that work to do [Tongue Job 1]

[ June 29, 2003: Message edited by: FALLOUTGOD ]

--------------------

fuck me? fuck you too
and now i end this all

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted June 29, 2003 01:54      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yeah, I know *sigh*

Now I gotta spend 30 seconds updating your information when I could be doing something else [Tongue Job 1]

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted June 29, 2003 12:34      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
What else could you be doing? Looking out the window saying, "That sure is a pretty bird right there!" That is like the only thing that could happen during 30 seconds!

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted June 29, 2003 12:46      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yeah, well, I might have missed a really cool bird!

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted June 29, 2003 12:55      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Yeah, I think you did. I just saw one out my window. It was a cool Red-Tailed Hawk!

FALLOUTGOD
Wandering Hero
Member # 94

Member Rated:

posted July 02, 2003 13:15      Profile for FALLOUTGOD   Email FALLOUTGOD   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 161401573   
I gave someone the bird today...

--------------------

fuck me? fuck you too
and now i end this all

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted July 03, 2003 18:08      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
GO FG!

All times are Central Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community