Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » StGFC Forums   » Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » Missing in Action Removal Act! (Page 1)

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Missing in Action Removal Act!
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted June 28, 2003 01:25      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 83373429
The Proconsul has passed another act that mainly directly affects only the people in the Proconsul and whoever holds the position of Sergeant. However, it could mean that there will be some positions of power opening up sometime in the near future.

Missing in Action Removal Act:
"Any person that holds a position of power in the Community and can no longer perform the duties required for the position due to an excessively lengthy or unannounced absence may be removed from power after a set amount of time. First, any member of the Proconsul who leaves for ten or more days with no prior notification will be removed from power. The only way power can be retained is if the Proconsul member contacts any other member of the Proconsul or posts a message prior to his/her leave. After the ten day period with no word from the Proconsul member passes, the member will be removed from power. However, the newly available position in the Proconsul can not be filled for the next thirty days. If the removed member returns with a viable reason for his/her leave, then he/she may be reinstated. After thirty days pass, the position becomes available to anybody. Second, if the person holding the position of Sergeant does not adequately contact a member of the Proconsul prior to taking an extended leave, the person can and will be removed from power. If the Sergeant is not heard from for fifteen days, he/she will be removed from power and the position will become available instantly to other Community members. Lastly, if any member of the Proconsul or the Sergeant properly supplies information regarding a leave of absence, their power will not be removed. However, if the person does not return within five days after his/her designated return date, then the person will be removed from power. In either case, the position will be unavailable for the following ten days in case of a belated return by the member. After the ten day waiting period has passed, the position will once again become available."

It was also decided that the act cannot count towards absences before its passing. So everyone who has been gone for an extended period of time (like Gauss and Ace) can't be removed instantly. Rather, the count for absences begins when the act goes into affect. And the act goes into affect right now, at the precise minute of this post.

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 21, 2003 10:39      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 191218899
i didnt bother to read that, i just post this cause im bored.

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Ratty:
You are now the Spam God of Fallout community!

Posts: 766 | From: Sweden, Luleå | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 21, 2003 11:13      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 83373429
Well, the quote in your signature says it all

Plus, it only affects the Proconsul and Sergeant, but the Regulations say that any passed acts have to be posted.

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 21, 2003 15:02      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 191218899
how rude! or something. i didnt understand much of that.

--------------------

quote:

The_Lonely_Phox
Wanderer
Member # 147

Rate Member

posted December 22, 2003 08:55      Profile for The_Lonely_Phox   Email The_Lonely_Phox   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post
is unaffected =p

--------------------

"Death is the passage of life into the next"-unknown
"a noob is just an unexperianced veteran"-me to raz 2004

Posts: 84 | From: Cincinnati OH, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted December 24, 2003 00:31      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 131549933
Ok, Arcanus, why did you have to bring up a topic that has been dead for months, just to post something so stupid?

Posts: 2150 | From: Sconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 24, 2003 00:53      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 83373429
I think we now have an official 'Kilus' of the Community.

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted December 24, 2003 04:11      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 292282245
Arcanus..*grabs his maul* I strongly suggest u to to stop the spamming..ptherwise ill seriously consider doing something about it.

--------------------

No one is perfect

Posts: 756 | From: Israel | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 24, 2003 09:12      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 191218899
hey its christmas!

--------------------

quote:

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted December 24, 2003 11:10      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 131549933
Christmas has nothing to do with your spamming. You've been doing it since you've got here. Enough spamming, got it?

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 24, 2003 11:36      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 191218899
ok, ok!

--------------------

quote:

PIPBoy2000
Wandering Champion
Member # 133

Member Rated:

posted December 25, 2003 22:29      Profile for PIPBoy2000   Email PIPBoy2000   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post
/me kills Kilus

Heheh

--------------------

I sometimes get lonely on the weekends...

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 26, 2003 04:45      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 191218899
and youre saying that im spamming...

--------------------

quote:

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted December 26, 2003 05:24      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 106347609   
well it is chrstmas, i suppose i should wear my santa suit while i butcher you mercilessly for spamming my lad!

But seriously guys, lighten up, no need to bully the guy. Although im starting to agree, the spamming has to stop Arcanus!

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Posts: 950 | From: Perth West Australia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
CaliberOnzo
Wandering Hero
Member # 136

Member Rated:

posted December 27, 2003 06:42      Profile for CaliberOnzo   Author's Homepage   Email CaliberOnzo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 163194783   
Hey,

Yea even I knew when to stop when I was busy spamming over the whole Diablo II clan section! You must have some brains in there

--------------------

quote:
You're now the official lazy-ass of the Order.

Posts: 313 | From: Netherlands, Woerden | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 27, 2003 08:28      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 191218899
caliber are you on a spamming spree again?

--------------------

quote:

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 27, 2003 11:58      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 83373429
He better not be. But then agian, my Big Admin Stick™ is eager to come out of retirement one more time......

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 27, 2003 13:32      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 191218899
hehe, when did you last use it?

--------------------

quote:

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 27, 2003 13:59      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 83373429
Good question. Probably a really long time ago when I had to ban some members. Ah, the Stick was very powerful back in those days.

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 27, 2003 14:15      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 191218899
you're banning people with a stick? that is a bit old-fashioned

--------------------

quote:

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 27, 2003 15:11      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 83373429
Well, at the beginning of the Community, it was the quickest and most effective way. Nobody has been banned in almost two years, though.

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 27, 2003 15:12      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 191218899
two years? i thouht you didnt like spamming, and i cant be the only one...

--------------------

quote:

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted December 27, 2003 15:34      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 131549933
Scotty, you forgot about Jello! That was noway 2 years ago.

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 27, 2003 21:11      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 83373429
Stapes, Jello was never banned from my memory. He just decided to leave on his own. Later he returned and posted a message asking for us to ban FG for something that happened over ICQ, but nothing ever came of that.

And Arcanus, we don't like spamming, but most spammers run out of things to say before they irritate us enough to ban. Either that, or they cut back to the point where we don't object (keep in mind, these were days before we had a Sergeant; PIP taking the position is still pretty recent).

PIPBoy2000
Wandering Champion
Member # 133

Member Rated:

posted December 28, 2003 00:29      Profile for PIPBoy2000   Email PIPBoy2000   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post
Ye-up I'm the new guy, and I became a Seargent at 13 posts, I think thats a record.

--------------------

I sometimes get lonely on the weekends...

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 28, 2003 04:41      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 191218899
arent you the first sergeant pip? in that case, its not very strange you hold the record [Tongue Job 1]

--------------------

quote:

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted December 28, 2003 06:01      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 292282245
He isnt the 1st sergeant,and yap this is a record.

--------------------

No one is perfect

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 28, 2003 06:58      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 191218899
[quote]Originally posted by Scotty the great:
these were days before we had a Sergeant
[quote]

what about that?

--------------------

quote:

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted December 28, 2003 11:04      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 292282245
OH scotyy,slurry,anyon!
just tell him there were more sergeants.

--------------------

No one is perfect

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 28, 2003 11:06      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 191218899
who the hell is anyon?

--------------------

quote:

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted December 28, 2003 11:15      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 292282245
i meant anyone...

--------------------

No one is perfect

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted December 30, 2003 01:22      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 131549933
Um, Gauss, there weren't any sergeants before PIP!

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 30, 2003 05:36      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 191218899
hahaha, i knew it!

--------------------

quote:

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 30, 2003 10:37      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 83373429
Dude, you guys forgot about Knight_Wolf. He was Sergeant, and then just disappeared without a trace.

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted December 30, 2003 11:50      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 292282245
There you go Arcanus.

--------------------

No one is perfect

All times are Central Time
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community