my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » StGFC Forums   » Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » Where is everyone?

Printable Version
Author Topic: Where is everyone?
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted August 04, 2003 19:00      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
This is nonsense. Usually there is daily activity around here, but there hasn't been anything for a week or so. What's up with that? Where is everyone?

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted August 05, 2003 01:20      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
I'm trying to spend some time with my friends before I get a job and they head off to college.

Other than that, I haven't posted anything, because nobody else is posting.

Posts: 2150 | From: Sconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted August 05, 2003 08:33      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
I just started a fulltime job at a Supermarket last week so i have been pretty flat out, and when i get home i have been pretty tired so that last thing i think of doing is turning on the computer. But im trying to get into a rhythm of daily internet time so i hope to be on more.

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Posts: 950 | From: Perth West Australia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted August 05, 2003 12:37      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Cool Slurry, congrats on the job. Heh, you made it out of the food industry before me, so I have to give you ups to that.

Anyways, I'm glad to see some activity again.

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted August 05, 2003 14:11      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Technically, he's still in the food industry. He does work with food at the supermarket, more than likely.

Harliquin
Outsider
Member # 120

Rate Member

posted August 05, 2003 20:46      Profile for Harliquin   Author's Homepage   Email Harliquin   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
Well, really, i havent been here that long anyway. But my lack of posts are due to tiredness from working in a factory 8 and a half hours a day doing the most boring repetitive work.

I suppose it's not as bad as some peoples work choice, but this isn't permanent seen as im planning on moving to Oxford in about a years time and working with a game company called Travellors Tales.

Now that'll be cool.

--------------------

Ying or Yang?

Posts: 19 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
rad-x
Vault Citizen
Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted August 06, 2003 05:52      Profile for rad-x     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm just lazy...

--------------------

As I gaze up at the night sky in my own fair time, I look back down and see the devastation. This post-nuclear world. It's terrible. But at least we got Nuka-Cola, warm and flat, the drink of the post-apocalyptic civiliztion. Generation Next!

Posts: 466 | From: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted August 07, 2003 13:15      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
heheheheheh, I somehow figured that, Rad [Tongue Job 1]

And Harliquin, that does sound like an awesome job. As for factory work, I'll probably be working in a factory next summer if I can't find any other job. Right now, I have a job but it's only until the fourteenth. After that, I'll be unemployed unless I can find something after I get to college (which is what I'm planning on).

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted August 07, 2003 23:46      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Good luck finding a job! Myself, I haven't found one yet, but I'm still looking!

Harliquin
Outsider
Member # 120

Rate Member

posted August 08, 2003 20:32      Profile for Harliquin   Author's Homepage   Email Harliquin   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
it doesn't take a lot to get a shit job, just do that for little money for the essentials, like booze and cigs.

And once you've finished college get a really good job so you can buy more essentials like drugs and whores.

--------------------

Ying or Yang?

Posts: 19 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted August 09, 2003 11:35      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
heheheheheheheh, yeah

Actually, taking a shit job isn't that bad if it is your only alternative. If you've never had a job, it can give you some work experience.

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted August 10, 2003 03:31      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
lol my new job is pretty crappy but the pay is about half again what I was getting at Subway, they pay me weekly not fortnightly, my boss isnt a complete motherfucker and lastly its a traineeship so i get a retail certificate at the end of 8 months, just before i start uni, sweeeeet!

And im also lazy, like harlequin...I was gonna get on the net yesterday but i spent one half of it still drunk from friday, the middle sleeping and the rest hung over...it was the first time i mixed the wacky stuff and alchohol for ages and my resistance was hell worn down

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Posts: 950 | From: Perth West Australia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Central Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community