my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » StGFC Forums   » Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » John Titor: Man From The Future?

Printable Version
Author Topic: John Titor: Man From The Future?
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted September 05, 2003 00:12      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
First off, thanks goes to Raymondo2000 for pointing this out to me.

Basically, for those of you who never heard of this guy, John Titor was supposedly a man from the future that travelled back and made appearances on the internet and such describing the future. Sure, this sounds fictional, but if this guy was fake then two conditions must be satisfied:
1) He was very smart. He knew what he was talking about. People who are fake tend to mess up stories and such; this guy didn't. Also, he seldom refused to answer a question.
2) He must have been an incredibly lucky guy in order to accurately depict certain events that have happened after his last appearance.

Eh, decide for yourself and post your thoughts/comments. The link is http://www.johntitor.com/

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Neo Java
Wanderer
Member # 125

Rate Member

posted September 05, 2003 00:46      Profile for Neo Java   Email Neo Java   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I havent been to his website but lets get serious.
If he really was he wouldnt be on the Internet trying to puersswade people.

--------------------

Neo Java

Posts: 63 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted September 05, 2003 01:15      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
There is way too much to actually read. I've read about 25% of it, and I am not sure what I think about it. It could be true, it could be just a hoax. I guess that it depends on what you really believe in.

Posts: 2150 | From: Sconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Neo Java
Wanderer
Member # 125

Rate Member

posted September 05, 2003 01:21      Profile for Neo Java   Email Neo Java   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
But really if he did come from the past why he'd choose this time.

And what does this got to do with the fallout communitie.

And another thing [Smoking]

--------------------

Neo Java

Neo Java
Wanderer
Member # 125

Rate Member

posted September 05, 2003 01:22      Profile for Neo Java   Email Neo Java   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Besised Scotty do u think this guys real.
U seem 2 back him up

--------------------

Neo Java

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted September 05, 2003 02:55      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
If you would have read anything on that link. He said that he didn't know where he was going. When the thing stopped, that is where he stayed.

The community forum is just a place where people can just post stuff that they think is interesting. If it is deemed stupid, then it gets moved to the stupid stuff forum. He thought that this post was semi-interesting, so he posted it here.

Posts: 2150 | From: Sconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted September 05, 2003 09:59      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yeah, pretty much. However one could argue it has to do with Fallout in the sense that the guy says there will be nuclear holocaust in 2015.

As for this guy being for real, I don't see how the events he predicted for 2005 could come true. Civil War in the United States again and only two years to get it started? I doubt it. Most civil wars are results of tension that has been built up over a long period of time. Two years doesn't seem realistic.

Basically, I'm not sure what to think. If he is fake, he obviously did a lot of research in order to know what the hell he was talking about (which isn't impossible).

rad-x
Vault Citizen
Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted September 06, 2003 03:18      Profile for rad-x     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He's way too unspecific about what was destroyed.

--------------------

As I gaze up at the night sky in my own fair time, I look back down and see the devastation. This post-nuclear world. It's terrible. But at least we got Nuka-Cola, warm and flat, the drink of the post-apocalyptic civiliztion. Generation Next!

Posts: 466 | From: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted September 07, 2003 16:08      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yeah, but anyone who says anything about the future is never specific. Everything is open to interpretation. The greatest example of this is Nostradamus' predictions. Many follow them closly, while others dismiss them quickly. It depends on point of view.

Still, I am highly doubtful that this guy could've been for real. I see no way Civil War could break out within two years.

rad-x
Vault Citizen
Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted September 08, 2003 11:54      Profile for rad-x     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think China will attack another country soon...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/3090380.stm

"Beijing regards Taiwan as a breakaway province that must be reunified with the motherland - if necessary by force. A name change would be seen as a seriously provocative step towards independence."

America would have to get involved if China attacked.

Who knows what could happen? China could.. North Korea close... too close...

--------------------

As I gaze up at the night sky in my own fair time, I look back down and see the devastation. This post-nuclear world. It's terrible. But at least we got Nuka-Cola, warm and flat, the drink of the post-apocalyptic civiliztion. Generation Next!

Posts: 466 | From: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted September 09, 2003 06:28      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Im pretty skeptical of all this but I dunno, im never completely willing to write something off as total lies. Its cool because it fits in with the whole Fallout theme though.
I thought it was funny that he said Omaha Nebraska was the new capital of the U.S.A, which struck me as ridiculous. But then I remembered that Weimar (fairly small and unlikely city) was the capitol of Germany for a short period between the world wars.

I have no idea what could happen next, i've given up trying to anticipate world events. I mean who would have thought on September 10th 2001 what was going to happen the next day was even possible?

[ September 09, 2003: Message edited by: Slurrydevil ]

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Posts: 950 | From: Perth West Australia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Central Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community