my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » StGFC Forums   » Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » Deus EX

Printable Version
Author Topic: Deus EX
Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted September 19, 2003 11:31      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
Hey guys,anyone here played Deus EX(1)?
I started few days ago,and man does this game is a kickass or what.
Its very interesting,with a cool plot,items,combat and all kind o shit.
There are even Skilles in this 1st person game!
Im addicted.

--------------------

No one is perfect

Posts: 756 | From: Israel | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted September 19, 2003 12:39      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
I haven't played it, but I heard some good things about it. I might have to go out and get it one of these days.

Posts: 2150 | From: Sconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
rad-x
Vault Citizen
Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted September 20, 2003 03:25      Profile for rad-x     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A brilliant, brilliant game.

It's not as good as Fallout-in-FirstPerson, but it comes dangerously close!

--------------------

As I gaze up at the night sky in my own fair time, I look back down and see the devastation. This post-nuclear world. It's terrible. But at least we got Nuka-Cola, warm and flat, the drink of the post-apocalyptic civiliztion. Generation Next!

Posts: 466 | From: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted September 20, 2003 09:11      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
Exactly!
Its damn good

--------------------

No one is perfect

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted September 20, 2003 11:10      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Aight, aight. I'll check it out too, I suppose.

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Neo
Wanderer
Member # 124

Rate Member

posted October 06, 2003 01:25      Profile for Neo   Email Neo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
where can i get this game it sounds mad

--------------------

Neo

Posts: 68 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted October 09, 2003 18:36      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
well u can buy it.I have a burnt copy.
or u can try n download it from kazaa,but its 700 megs big,so even 4 a fast connection its sux.

--------------------

No one is perfect

Ratty
Wandering Champion
Member # 138

Member Rated:

posted October 16, 2003 17:21      Profile for Ratty     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's one of the greatest games of all times IMHO. It's pretty much got everything a fantastic game should have. Don't expect ultimate freedom and adventure-sque dialogues, but the game has great storyline, with plenty of twists, fantastic evil-corporate-conspiracy atmosphere, cool antiutopia SF setting, nice, fluid graphics, great music and offers a variety of playing styles. You can be a powerful commando that comes in guns blazing and kills everybody, a sneaky sniper/silenced pistol guy or an invisible hacker that can pick any lock and hack into any system. Plus it's somewhat non-linear and has three different endings, so you can have fun with it many times over. A must-play.

--------------------

Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors.
But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love.

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted October 16, 2003 18:44      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
Haha good 2 c ppl with good taste!

--------------------

No one is perfect

FALLOUTGOD
Wandering Hero
Member # 94

Member Rated:

posted October 19, 2003 17:29      Profile for FALLOUTGOD   Email FALLOUTGOD   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 161401573   
WAIT! WAIT! HOLD EVERYTHING!

Did someone just mention something about a first person Fallout game?

--------------------

xcuse me while i kill my self
blow my brain across the wall
fuck you all, how do you do
fuck me? fuck you too
and now i end this all

xcuse me while...... i kill my seeeeeeeeeeeeeelf

Posts: 389 | From: some-place-near-hell | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted October 20, 2003 09:48      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
Well not exactly.though Deus Ex is a brilliant game and reminds fallout in many ways ,its cant be called a 1st person fallout game.
But u really should try it!
The best 1st person game i ever played!!!!!!
With skills and stuff and more cool kind o'shit!

--------------------

No one is perfect

FALLOUTGOD
Wandering Hero
Member # 94

Member Rated:

posted October 23, 2003 03:52      Profile for FALLOUTGOD   Email FALLOUTGOD   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 161401573   
I already played it, I just thought a fallout fps came out and I wasen't aware.

--------------------

xcuse me while i kill my self
blow my brain across the wall
fuck you all, how do you do
fuck me? fuck you too
and now i end this all

xcuse me while...... i kill my seeeeeeeeeeeeeelf

Posts: 389 | From: some-place-near-hell | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted October 23, 2003 06:58      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
hi guys, im back from the great beyond....i just haven't had time for the internet this last week...

Its funny u guys should start talking about Deus Ex, there is a cheap copy of it at the games shop and i was debating whether to buy it or not...I think maybe i will! (course its the PS2 version, not as good as the PC version...but as long as you have played both its comparable)

And remember...its day-oos ex not deuce like its normally said...people always say it wrong..its latin for gods sake!! Deus Ex Machina...god from the machine.

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Posts: 950 | From: Perth West Australia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted October 23, 2003 08:48      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
God from the machina?
thats whats Deus Ex means?!
I always wandered what it means...

--------------------

No one is perfect

Thanatos Starfire
Outsider
Member # 144

Member Rated:

posted October 30, 2003 11:55      Profile for Thanatos Starfire   Email Thanatos Starfire   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Actually it just means from God, but Deus should be in the accuative case, and come after the preposition. (but then it would not sound as good, but I don't think that would matter, as it is a trully awesome game.)

CaliberOnzo
Wandering Hero
Member # 136

Member Rated:

posted October 30, 2003 12:09      Profile for CaliberOnzo   Author's Homepage   Email CaliberOnzo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 163194783   
Hey,

You guys like that? You should try Systemshock 2 as well it's free for download right now http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=3924 be sure to put off the add blocking on your pc it's kinda weird but it seems to see the download file as an ad and no it's not a real ad. I've scanned my pc after downloading it and it found nothing (did it with ad-aware great program btw )

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Ratty:
You're now the official lazy-ass of the Order.

Posts: 313 | From: Netherlands, Woerden | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted October 30, 2003 12:10      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
nice...

--------------------

No one is perfect

CaliberOnzo
Wandering Hero
Member # 136

Member Rated:

posted October 30, 2003 14:56      Profile for CaliberOnzo   Author's Homepage   Email CaliberOnzo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 163194783   
Hey,

It sure is!
Oh btw tip: If you downloaded the game be sure to save 3 ice-picks for the last boss you'll need them otherwise there is no chance in defeating "it","he","she" hehe

[ October 30, 2003: Message edited by: CaliberOnzo ]

--------------------

quote:

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted October 30, 2003 15:34      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
What??? im not sure i understood.
And i already finished the game in every possible way..

--------------------

No one is perfect

PIPBoy2000
Wandering Champion
Member # 133

Member Rated:

posted October 30, 2003 16:49      Profile for PIPBoy2000   Email PIPBoy2000   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Pffttt.... I'll stick to fallout

Nah, Dues Ex was GREAT, best game since fallout probably....and thats saying a lot.

--------------------

I sometimes get lonely on the weekends...

CaliberOnzo
Wandering Hero
Member # 136

Member Rated:

posted October 31, 2003 05:06      Profile for CaliberOnzo   Author's Homepage   Email CaliberOnzo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 163194783   
Hey,

I was talking about Systemshock 2...

--------------------

quote:

Lawdevil
Outsider
Member # 153

Rate Member

posted December 01, 2003 06:44      Profile for Lawdevil     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Deus Ex - itīs been a while. But it was definitely worth the time I "invested" in this game. In fact the best Cyberpunk first person shooter Iīve ever played. But Deus Ex 2 is about to be released I think. So there will be a reunion.

Gee how I liked this sniper rifle...

--------------------

_ _ _________________________ _ _
Although prepared for martyrdom,
I preferred that it be postponed.
Sir Winston Churchill

Danoth Dragon God
Wandering Hero
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted December 01, 2003 11:18      Profile for Danoth Dragon God   Email Danoth Dragon God   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
Sorry, havent been here mch all weekend. Lotsa stuff to do. I basically played Deus Ex for half the weekend. SHEER AWSOMENESS!!!!!!!!! That game was REALLY GOOOD, not fallout greatness, but veeery fun. Yeah, I need to go buy it. Need to go write more now bye!

--------------------

HAHAHAHA! Your lord of chaos has come, feel my wrath and tremble!!! For the Earth will burn with a fiery light and be purifyed and the corruption of the light will be cleansed with darkness

Posts: 259 | From: Windsor, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 01, 2003 14:56      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
heheheheheh, writing is always good indeed

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Central Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community