my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » StGFC Forums   » Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » formated!!!

Printable Version
Author Topic: formated!!!
Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted October 28, 2003 15:00      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
just formated my comp.
After installing the internet i discoverd that i dont remember many of the passwords i created!!!!
so i changed my icq coz i just cant remember my pass.

BTW my new icq number is: 292282245

[ October 28, 2003: Message edited by: Gauss Bumper ]

--------------------

No one is perfect

Posts: 756 | From: Israel | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted October 28, 2003 16:22      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
I'm happy for you.

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted October 28, 2003 22:00      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Already changed the stuff in the members list.

Posts: 2150 | From: Sconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
CaliberOnzo
Wandering Hero
Member # 136

Member Rated:

posted October 29, 2003 03:27      Profile for CaliberOnzo   Author's Homepage   Email CaliberOnzo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 163194783   
Hey,

Here's a tip: make a password that you use for everything and put a number in it they are very hard to hack

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Ratty:
You're now the official lazy-ass of the Order.

Posts: 313 | From: Netherlands, Woerden | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted October 29, 2003 08:35      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yeah. One of my passwords has about five numbers in it, and it has never been hacked! But then again, neither have any of my other ones.

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted October 29, 2003 08:45      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
cmon ppl!
what hacker can b bored enough to try and hack an email or an icq?!?!

--------------------

No one is perfect

Thanatos Starfire
Outsider
Member # 144

Member Rated:

posted October 30, 2003 11:59      Profile for Thanatos Starfire   Email Thanatos Starfire   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
In two words, script kiddies. Really, some people are really bored....

CaliberOnzo
Wandering Hero
Member # 136

Member Rated:

posted October 30, 2003 14:56      Profile for CaliberOnzo   Author's Homepage   Email CaliberOnzo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 163194783   
Hey,

That's just what I mean

--------------------

quote:

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted October 31, 2003 14:08      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Well, it appears that the time for formatting has come again for me as well. My computer got a virus, which I did manage to get rid of, but unfortunatly it reaked havok on some parts of my system. Lucky for me, though, I can still access all of my files (unlike last time when I formatted, when I couldn't even get Windows to load) so I'll have a back-up of everything important. Plus, I have all the main disks that I need, with the exception of some games (like F1 and 2, unfortunatly :s). The disks that I don't have I can always go pick up on Saturday or Sunday, but it depends on how things go.

Go me!

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted October 31, 2003 14:33      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
Yap, this formating alway comes...

--------------------

No one is perfect

Ratty
Wandering Champion
Member # 138

Member Rated:

posted October 31, 2003 14:44      Profile for Ratty     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I hate formatting. I hate having to back up everything, reinstall everything, recustomize everything. It takes DAYS to get computer to the state it was in before the format. If you are careful and keep your system safe, sound and optimized, you will never have to format.

--------------------

Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors.
But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love.

Jim
Wandering Hero
Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted October 31, 2003 14:52      Profile for Jim   Email Jim   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191605699
Format is always a good solution,but sometimes it can be boring

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Gauss:
Look whos talking,the least posting member of the community.

Posts: 243 | From: Greece | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted October 31, 2003 16:13      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
Boring?!?!
Format boring?!?!?!
U kiddin me!
Actualy its good to clean up and rearrange the comp once in a while.

--------------------

No one is perfect

Jim
Wandering Hero
Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted November 01, 2003 00:39      Profile for Jim   Email Jim   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191605699
Well Gauss for me it is, I have 80GB hard disk so it takes hours to format and then it takes hours to reinstall all the programs......

--------------------

quote:

CaliberOnzo
Wandering Hero
Member # 136

Member Rated:

posted November 01, 2003 03:00      Profile for CaliberOnzo   Author's Homepage   Email CaliberOnzo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 163194783   
Hey,

I haven't formatted in a year! And normally I would only format when I get a new hard disk and we have 3 pc's in here so the newer older hard disk goes into the next pc so that'll need formatting too etc. etc. That's the only time I format

--------------------

quote:

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted November 01, 2003 04:54      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
I was cynical about the "Boring" Jim.. [Cool]

--------------------

No one is perfect

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 02, 2003 16:45      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
No really, formatting is NOT boring. I've been having a blast doing it, actually. It's so great to have sanity returned to my system. I still have some copying and such to do, but it won't take that long.

BTW, Jim, formatting my HD, which is also 80GB, only took about an hour this time around, maybe a little longer. However, I have the power to back it up (my processor runs at 1.80GHz and I have 1.50GBs of RAM). *looks around* Speed and time is not a problem.

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted November 02, 2003 16:47      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
1.50 gb of ram?
Wha - ?
why do u need so much?Or ur computer is a server?

--------------------

No one is perfect

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 02, 2003 20:21      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
No, my computer is just a monsta beast machine.

Ratty
Wandering Champion
Member # 138

Member Rated:

posted November 03, 2003 09:50      Profile for Ratty     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
1.8 GHz and 1.5 GB RAM?! PWAHAHAHA!
I bet RAM is PC 133...

--------------------

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 03, 2003 10:35      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Ratty, you're just jealous

CaliberOnzo
Wandering Hero
Member # 136

Member Rated:

posted November 03, 2003 11:47      Profile for CaliberOnzo   Author's Homepage   Email CaliberOnzo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 163194783   
Hey,

1.50 GB ram that's just a waste of money games will take up only 256 for a long time from now! You'll have enough memory till the year 2400!

--------------------

quote:

Jim
Wandering Hero
Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted November 03, 2003 11:53      Profile for Jim   Email Jim   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191605699
My PC is P4 at 2.4Ghz with 512MB RamDDR I don't need 1.5GBRAM

--------------------

quote:

CaliberOnzo
Wandering Hero
Member # 136

Member Rated:

posted November 03, 2003 12:53      Profile for CaliberOnzo   Author's Homepage   Email CaliberOnzo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 163194783   
Hey,

It'll break down before you'll really need it

--------------------

quote:

Jim
Wandering Hero
Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted November 03, 2003 13:09      Profile for Jim   Email Jim   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191605699
What do you mean?

--------------------

quote:

CaliberOnzo
Wandering Hero
Member # 136

Member Rated:

posted November 04, 2003 08:15      Profile for CaliberOnzo   Author's Homepage   Email CaliberOnzo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 163194783   
Hey,

He doesnt really need that much maybe he'll need it in 2040 by then it will be broke "kapoet"...

--------------------

quote:

Ratty
Wandering Champion
Member # 138

Member Rated:

posted November 04, 2003 08:47      Profile for Ratty     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Am I the only one with RDRAM 1066? [Cool Grin]

--------------------

All times are Central Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community