my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » StGFC Forums   » Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » Interghey.......?

Printable Version
Author Topic: Interghey.......?
Keln
Outsider
Member # 154

Rate Member

posted December 03, 2003 09:28      Profile for Keln   Email Keln   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Why is it, no matter what game I play, when I visit forums on it there's some resentment against the company that made it? I mean, they did make a game we all like to play...nothings perfect though. Whats the big complaint with Interplay and this game? Bugs? I dunno what games everyone else here plays, but this is one of the least buggy games-out-of-the-box I've played in a good while.

Heh, try playing WWIIOL...you'll come to hate CRS

--------------------

"I'm tryin' to like people, it's just so hard filtering out all the stupid ones."

Posts: 28 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 03, 2003 09:50      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Hm, for sake of clarification, are you talking about Tactics?

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Keln
Outsider
Member # 154

Rate Member

posted December 03, 2003 20:26      Profile for Keln   Email Keln   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Nah, I guess the whole Fallout series. I've seen it on all the differen forums.

--------------------

"I'm tryin' to like people, it's just so hard filtering out all the stupid ones."

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 03, 2003 22:12      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Well, people were fine with Interplay for the most part up until Tactics was released. Then people got mad.

PIPBoy2000
Wandering Champion
Member # 133

Member Rated:

posted December 03, 2003 22:43      Profile for PIPBoy2000   Email PIPBoy2000   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Now their steaming because FO:BoS is comming out..... on console...

--------------------

I sometimes get lonely on the weekends...

Scott Aran
Outsider
Member # 149

Rate Member

posted December 03, 2003 23:42      Profile for Scott Aran   Email Scott Aran   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
And that my fine friend is like being stabbed in the back. we are the "loyal" fallout fans, then they go console on us. Jerks [Depressed] *cries*

--------------------

poster of none so much

Posts: 41 | From: keizer oregon | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Keln
Outsider
Member # 154

Rate Member

posted December 04, 2003 00:31      Profile for Keln   Email Keln   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Maybe I'm wrong here, but seems to me lately most big games that come out on console also come out on PC. But, if it's as you say and it's console only, that's pretty lame.

--------------------

rad-x
Vault Citizen
Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted December 04, 2003 02:13      Profile for rad-x     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Scott Aran:
And that my fine friend is like being stabbed in the back. we are the "loyal" fallout fans, then they go console on us. Jerks [Depressed] *cries*

That argument sucks. How did we get stabbed in the back? They didn't betray anyone. Who do the fans think they are? [Obsolete]

--------------------

As I gaze up at the night sky in my own fair time, I look back down and see the devastation. This post-nuclear world. It's terrible. But at least we got Nuka-Cola, warm and flat, the drink of the post-apocalyptic civiliztion. Generation Next!

Posts: 466 | From: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted December 04, 2003 06:15      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
I have nothing againt most of interplays games, they have a fairly good track record. But recently they have been letting the quality slip in favour of a quick buck. They just grab a title and milk it till it bleeds. I mean how many Forgotten realms games have there been now?

Plus they have made a hash of the fallout series. All the fans wanted was Falout 3, an advancement of the previous two games. But what do the give us? Tactics..sure its an ok game in many ways but its not real Fallout. The rpg element is what made it so great. And now they are releasing this new game, only on console (probably so the people buying it wont be dillilusioned pc owner/ fallout fans)
Their attitude isnt what i would call fair. Especially since their motto is 'by gamers for gamers'

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Posts: 950 | From: Perth West Australia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 04, 2003 08:16      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yes, and it is quite clear that all the gamers wanted for the most part was F3.

As for BoS, there is no way I'll probably ever even play it. I don't have a console and am not going to get one just to play a half-baked game that I probably won't like. If it comes out for PC, I'll probably download it and see if it's any good. If it is, I'll buy it; if not, I won't.

The_Lonely_Phox
Wanderer
Member # 147

Rate Member

posted December 04, 2003 09:36      Profile for The_Lonely_Phox   Email The_Lonely_Phox   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
PC is good but Consoul is better in my opinion, im glad they are making a FO:BoS on PS2 or watever....PC grapics are better but the online play lags (not talking about Fallout except BoS)

--------------------

"Death is the passage of life into the next"-unknown
"a noob is just an unexperianced veteran"-me to raz 2004

Posts: 84 | From: Cincinnati OH, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 04, 2003 09:39      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
BoS isnt fallout. its just a shoot em up with good graphics, and ugly view. Ill never play it, even though i have a console [Obsolete]

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Ratty:
You are now the Spam God of Fallout community!

Posts: 766 | From: Sweden, Luleċ | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Danoth Dragon God
Wandering Hero
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted December 04, 2003 11:32      Profile for Danoth Dragon God   Email Danoth Dragon God   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
Being a hardcore fallout fan, even if it sucks i need it to be able to say "I have every fallout game, yes even the crappy 3, all of them" But if we are all really dissatisfyed, we can always go for the plan in the somebody needs to be shot for this topic in the Fallout Brotherhood of steel forum... When we take over interplay we need to say "all your base belong to us" HAHAHAHAHA

--------------------

HAHAHAHA! Your lord of chaos has come, feel my wrath and tremble!!! For the Earth will burn with a fiery light and be purifyed and the corruption of the light will be cleansed with darkness

Posts: 259 | From: Windsor, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 04, 2003 11:37      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
i only have fallout 2. that should make me the expert, since i only play that and have finished it like a million times i dont think ive done all the quests, though. Im too lazy to do the vault city-bishop-raiders-ncr thing, lol

--------------------

quote:

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 04, 2003 11:59      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
That's a cool quest though!

But if you have only played 2, I would suggest getting one. You might want to try your hand on Tactics, but in my opinion it sucked (though others here will argue otherwise).

Also, the amount of lag on online games depends a great deal on the speed of everyone's connections as well as the latency of the server. All you have to do is weed out the bad ones and you won't have any lag.

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 04, 2003 12:09      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
yeah i downloaded the tactics demo last night, and if i can get it from a price below 20$(yeah, i know im quite poor) i think ill buy that
fallout 1, on the other hand, ill try to download instead. ive only seen it together with 2(you know that bonuspack) and to buy that would be a waste of money. theres no way i can afford both anyway

*edit* besides, i heard there are som problems with 1 on xp...is that true?

[ December 04, 2003: Message edited by: Arcanus ]

--------------------

quote:

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 04, 2003 12:11      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Lies! All lies!

No, really, I have XP and never had any problems playin' F1.

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 04, 2003 12:15      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
then it might be worth to download it im getting sick of fallout 2 now, im even so desperate that im trying to finish the game with a diplomatic char its kind of boring, i never get to blast a little rat with a rocket launcher

--------------------

quote:

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 04, 2003 15:00      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yeah, that's true. I prefer to be able to get in touch with my inner mass murdered while playing F2.

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 05, 2003 00:57      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
uh...well i didnt get much of that. anyway, the reason i havent already tested fallout 1 is because i dont like the time limit. is there a gauss rifle in 1?

--------------------

quote:

Keln
Outsider
Member # 154

Rate Member

posted December 05, 2003 01:18      Profile for Keln   Email Keln   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I have never played FO1 either. Heck, I just found the FO2 CD in an old box of stuff like a week or 2 ago. I'm wondering right now why I never played the game I bought so many years ago.

Is FO1 better, worse than, or equal to FO2?

--------------------

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 05, 2003 02:27      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
In terms of items it is not as good as FO2. but the real game is just as good(or so i hope). heck, in 13 hours i have downloaded 75 mb. It is so ¤"%/&(¤(%"/¤"& slow!! gaaah.

--------------------

quote:

Lawdevil
Outsider
Member # 153

Rate Member

posted December 05, 2003 03:29      Profile for Lawdevil     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I´m with Arcanus when it comes to bugs - did any of you guys play the "Gothic II-Addon The Night of the Raven"? - it made me stop playing the game though I really loved Gothic II...
By now I´ve finished Fallout 1,2 and Tactics (just recently) and didn´t find a single bug in Tactics. I mean there are some places you cannot go to (one platform near the place where the stuck paladins are at a search and rescue mission (Mission 9 or 10 it is) but no bugs!
I think Interplay did a fine job!

--------------------

_ _ _________________________ _ _
Although prepared for martyrdom,
I preferred that it be postponed.
Sir Winston Churchill

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 05, 2003 04:17      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
well, fallout 2 is quite bugged even after the patch. the car just disappeares sometimes, dr fung wont give you the combat implants asslt enhancements, and so on. i hate bugs.

--------------------

quote:

Jim
Wandering Hero
Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted December 05, 2003 05:53      Profile for Jim   Email Jim   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191605699
the most buggy fallout game was tactics.FALLOUT 2 is the best(in my opinion) [Cool Grin] [Cool] [Big Smile] [Cool]

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Gauss:
Look whos talking,the least posting member of the community.

Posts: 243 | From: Greece | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 05, 2003 05:56      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
not before the patch anyway and still after the patch, i can walk through some walls at the hubologists place...

--------------------

quote:

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 05, 2003 07:27      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Strange, I never had any bugs with F2 after the patch...... wait, I take that back, I did encounter one bug. Still, I did encounter more bugs in Tactics.

Anyways, F1 is a great game in my opinion, and worth the downloading time. However, many people that played F2 before F1 were disappointed.

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 05, 2003 08:47      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
yeah, about the downloading time...it seem to be decreasing when i run fallout 2... right now its 1,5 kb/s and everytime i turn of fallout its like 8kb/s ive downloaded 170 mb of 500 btw.

--------------------

quote:

All times are Central Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community