my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » StGFC Forums   » Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » Characters

Printable Version
Author Topic: Characters
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 11, 2003 19:13      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
I posted a while back and said I would think about opening this up again. Well, I finally got the time to do so.

Basically, as you may have noticed, there is a section on each of the walkthroughs on the site called Character Creation. This section includes different character ideas by members (and former members) of the Community. Seeing how we have a bunch of new members since the creation of the walkthroughs, I'm opening up the character sections again. So just post what characters you prefer to use in Fallout, Fallout 2, and/or Fallout Tactics and they will be added to the site when I get some spare time (probably after finals).

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 12, 2003 02:05      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
i got some good chars...
for fallout 2.

BALANCED CHAR

Stats

ST 5
PE 7
EN 6
CH 7(or six if you dont want the small frame trait)
IN 9
AG 9(you CAN take 10, but then you'll have to lower another stat)
LK 5

Traits

Gifted
Small frame(or finesse)

Skills

Small guns
Speech
Lockpick

this allows you to do most of the cool quests and use all the good stuff

Then, theres my favorite...ladies and gentlemen! behold, THE SNIPER!

Stats

ST 5
PE 9
EN 5
CH 2
IN 9
AG 9
LK 8

Traits

Gifted
Finesse

Skills
Small guns(get it to atleast 150%)
Sneak(useful to get into a good view)
XXX(whatever you want except speech, or any other skill that charisma has to do with)

Desc.
You'll want so high luck, because it increases the chance of a critical. always do aimed shots, if it is possible to hit that is, and aim for the HEAD. EVEN if you have 95% to hit the eyes. let me explain. if you hit someone in the head(doesnt matter what weapon you are using, you can even use unarmed) theres a great chance for instant death if you make a critical hit. if you have the sniper perk(which you WILL have, but its high lvl req) youre really deadly. this is also very useful in the unarmed quest in san fran. just aim for the head all the time, youll get a critical hit almost immeadiately(if you aim your shots, the critical chance is higher) nad he'll die of instant death, bwahhahaaa. i dont think this works on horrigan.

also, note that the sniper is nothing for a beginner.

[ December 12, 2003: Message edited by: Arcanus ]

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Ratty:
You are now the Spam God of Fallout community!

Posts: 766 | From: Sweden, Luleå | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted December 12, 2003 04:29      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
Eye shots are really good,if not better then head shots.
If he gets a critical then he probably wont b to deadly after he has no eyes and,theres a lot of damage when do a critical eye shot.

--------------------

No one is perfect

Posts: 756 | From: Israel | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Danoth Dragon God
Wandering Hero
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted December 12, 2003 10:26      Profile for Danoth Dragon God   Email Danoth Dragon God   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
Im a sniper by nature so I believe in a different sniper for fallout one than fallout 2 heres my fallout 1 sniper
str 5
pe 9
int 9
agl 9
luck 9
cha 2
end 4
This includes the stats from gifted which is a must.... The other trait I take is bloody mess, but finesse also works, however at higher levels the bonus from finesse is useless because of eye shots... THIS CHARACTER IS BEST IF YOU KNOW HOW TO JOIN THE BRITHERHOOD OF STEEL AND DO SO AS SOON AS POSSAIBLE!!! the stat boosts are a requirement. so is the luck upgrade I tag small guns, entergy weapons and barter, but barter is interchangable
This is NOT A BEGINNERS CHARACTER!!!!

My fallout 2 sniper is slightly different due to no stat boosts, tags and traits are the same
str 5
pe 9
end 3
int 9
agl 10
luck 9
cha 2

Both these characters are good for conversation despite their low charasma because of high intelligence. plus they can basically use every gun in the game if they have power armor... Tactics is a different story, but I need to get farther in it before I can say anything...

--------------------

HAHAHAHA! Your lord of chaos has come, feel my wrath and tremble!!! For the Earth will burn with a fiery light and be purifyed and the corruption of the light will be cleansed with darkness

Posts: 259 | From: Windsor, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 12, 2003 10:29      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
9 luck is a waste, since you can get +2 early in the game.

--------------------

quote:

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted December 12, 2003 10:39      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
Luck is a waste generally.
since u can get the 5% critical chance perk and ull get sniper at lvl 24 anyway.

Believe me,i played a char with 2% critical chance and even without sniper when u aim i the eyes,it does dmg, period.

So luck is a complete waste.

better put 10 in agility,i never put less.
perception min 7
endurance min 6.

charisma i usualy do 3 or 5. bcoz u get 1 more from the chip so u get 4 or 6.
even 2 is good bcoz u get the chipo and perk so u get 4 charisma and with magnetic personality still can have 3 NPCs.which is enough.

Strength - 5 for non mele chars.6-8(max!)for mele chars.
Inteligence i always do 9.bcoz u can always get 1 more point from the chip.

If u make no n mele char better get small guns or energy wpns with science or\and lockpick.

if u do mele then better do big guns and unarmed (so ur str should b high for both of this skills).
and a non fighting skills that will help u in the game.

ofcourse always gifted and the other trait is a matter of taste.

[ December 12, 2003: Message edited by: Gauss Bumper ]

--------------------

No one is perfect

Danoth Dragon God
Wandering Hero
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted December 12, 2003 15:44      Profile for Danoth Dragon God   Email Danoth Dragon God   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
Sorry arcanus, didn't know... But high luck is a must for special encounters Gauss

--------------------

HAHAHAHA! Your lord of chaos has come, feel my wrath and tremble!!! For the Earth will burn with a fiery light and be purifyed and the corruption of the light will be cleansed with darkness

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted December 12, 2003 16:52      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
true,but after seeing all it doesnt matter!

--------------------

No one is perfect

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 12, 2003 16:55      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
It's still nice to get a rare special encounter every now and then while playing, though.

And thanks for the suggestions. I'll add 'em to the site this weekend if I get the time.

[ December 12, 2003: Message edited by: Scotty the Great ]

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 13, 2003 08:36      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
the sniper perk relies on luck too. if you have 10 luck its 95% critical chance. i think its calculated lk*10 at a maximum of 95%.

--------------------

quote:

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted December 13, 2003 09:34      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
its not what it says, it says the critical chance is maxed with this perk.so,,,

--------------------

No one is perfect

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 13, 2003 10:03      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
nono, it says like this:

"With this perk, every ranged attack will be upgraded to a critical hit if you also make a luck roll" its the slayer perk that doesnt rely on luck.

--------------------

quote:

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted December 13, 2003 13:57      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
ok ok id prove u wrong but i have no fallout on my comp so i cant check it.
cant install it either coz the install (hopefully) is on my friend lap top.

--------------------

No one is perfect

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 13, 2003 15:39      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
well, i DO have fallout on my comp and it says that you have to make a luck roll do you surrender?

--------------------

quote:

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted December 13, 2003 18:09      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
nope [Cool]

--------------------

No one is perfect

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 13, 2003 18:25      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
argh! what do i need to do to make you surrender?

--------------------

quote:

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 13, 2003 18:31      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Take a screen shot.

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 14, 2003 04:20      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
ok....is it like in diablo, i just press the Prt Scr button and it appears in the file?

--------------------

quote:

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 14, 2003 10:07      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
No, I think it's F12 and it'll appear in the Fallout 2 folder.

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted December 14, 2003 10:44      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
Yea show me a screen shot.

--------------------

No one is perfect

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 14, 2003 12:02      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
ok then...how do i put it in a post?

*edit* nevermind, ill just post the url

http://pcmunkey.net/h1/screenshot pa sniperperk.bmp

the link doesnt seem to work, just paste it.
do you believe me now? bwahahhahahahhahahH!

[ December 14, 2003: Message edited by: Arcanus ]

EDIT: Link fixed. -Scotty

[ December 14, 2003: Message edited by: Scotty the Great ]

--------------------

quote:

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted December 16, 2003 06:17      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
I guess you were right..havent played fallout for some time now.

--------------------

No one is perfect

Danoth Dragon God
Wandering Hero
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted December 16, 2003 10:28      Profile for Danoth Dragon God   Email Danoth Dragon God   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
If I had been on I could have backed arcanus up... Sniper perk is critical with luck roll... its my favoite perk HAHAHA but in fallout one its cool because you can get your luck upped by one. The FORTUNE TELLER TELLS ALL, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

--------------------

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 16, 2003 11:59      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
but in fallout 2 you can raise your luck by 3, hahahah!

--------------------

quote:

Danoth Dragon God
Wandering Hero
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted December 16, 2003 12:00      Profile for Danoth Dragon God   Email Danoth Dragon God   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
What now? repeat and elaborate please!

--------------------

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 16, 2003 13:16      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
but in fallout 2 you can raise your luck by 3, hahahahahhahahahah!

happy?

--------------------

quote:

Danoth Dragon God
Wandering Hero
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted December 16, 2003 14:48      Profile for Danoth Dragon God   Email Danoth Dragon God   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
How??? THAT IS GENRALY WHAT IS MENT BY ELABORATE!!!
And Of course this has nothing to do with the subject at hand other than it might affect my Fallout 2 char

[ December 16, 2003: Message edited by: Danoth Dragon God ]

--------------------

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 16, 2003 14:49      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
oh, ok. you can gain +2 from a hubologist in ncr, and you can take the gain luck perk.

--------------------

quote:

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted December 16, 2003 14:50      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
OOOh scotty is going to b pissed when he see this spamming [Constapated]

--------------------

No one is perfect

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 16, 2003 14:52      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
shit! and he deleted the delete post function!

*edit* i mean, uh, DANOTH STARTED IT!

[ December 16, 2003: Message edited by: Arcanus ]

--------------------

quote:

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 16, 2003 15:27      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Quite you guys!

No more off-topic spam in this thread.

All times are Central Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community