Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | search | faq | forum home

This topic has been transferred to this forum: General Discussion.  
next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » StGFC Forums   » Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » Fallout 2 mod developing crew (Page 1)

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Fallout 2 mod developing crew
Sir_paladin_mike
Outsider
Member # 151

Member Rated:

posted December 16, 2003 14:15      Profile for Sir_paladin_mike   Author's Homepage   Email Sir_paladin_mike   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 199681180
OK good day guys, If you are here so listen : A) any one can join and help us
B)in fact it would be great if you all join
C) scotty as our leader will make the rules
D)anyone can participate and share ideas
E)Vodka is allowed in this forum
F)Any user will share information by icq or whatever
X)who cares!!!

Listen up felas! here is the room where we can think of the development of the F2 mod
so please think twice before you join!
I hope i made my self clear

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Jet2241:
you drunk moron ,stop spamming here .this is not a social room and no one cares about your drinking problems .

Posts: 44 | From: israel | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 16, 2003 14:50      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 191218899
i can give ideas, but im not too good with advanced computer stuff.

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Ratty:
You are now the Spam God of Fallout community!

Posts: 766 | From: Sweden, Luleå | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted December 16, 2003 14:51      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 292282245
btw in what way this mod is going to b built on?
i mean c++ or some other language?or is it a mod building program or anything like that?

--------------------

No one is perfect

Posts: 756 | From: Israel | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 16, 2003 14:53      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 191218899
oh yeah. i suggest you make the game all swedish, with a touch of german!

--------------------

quote:

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted December 16, 2003 15:08      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 292282245
no wise guy i ment programing language(c++\visual basic etc..)

--------------------

No one is perfect

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 16, 2003 15:31      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 83373429
I'm not sure. It doesn't really matter which language we decide upon as far as I'm concerned, because I'd have to research it anyway

Plus, if we are serious about doing this (which it looks like we are), then I'll set up a forum this weekend for the mod and maybe an open directory for sharing files on the site.

Tomorrow, I have finals that are going to kick my ass, plus I'm leaving Whitewater and returning to my home town tomorrow night for the winter break. So I might not be around much again until Thursday, but I'll try to check back as much as I can.

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jet2241
Outsider
Member # 163

Member Rated:

posted December 16, 2003 15:32      Profile for Jet2241   Email Jet2241   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post
I've thought of something like expending the game,building new towns and such with the Fallout Editor (presented by gracious scotty on the downloads page) and also expend the game in the fields of new weapons, armour all that. so anyone who knows anything about mods please help
and like the red-nosed idiot who opened the topic said :
quote:
Originally posted by Sir_Paldin_Mike :
E)Vodka is allowed in this forum

--------------------

Fuck with the best,
end with the rest.

Jet2241
Outsider
Member # 163

Member Rated:

posted December 16, 2003 15:35      Profile for Jet2241   Email Jet2241   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post
by the way i know a bit of c,visual basic [Constapated]
but with no contrast to Fallout

--------------------

Fuck with the best,
end with the rest.

Danoth Dragon God
Wandering Hero
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted December 16, 2003 15:41      Profile for Danoth Dragon God   Email Danoth Dragon God   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   
i know some java, but not enough to make a difference

--------------------

HAHAHAHA! Your lord of chaos has come, feel my wrath and tremble!!! For the Earth will burn with a fiery light and be purifyed and the corruption of the light will be cleansed with darkness

Posts: 259 | From: Windsor, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
rad-x
Vault Citizen
Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted December 16, 2003 15:52      Profile for rad-x     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post
So, do you need a story writer? I would love a writing partnership with someone in the community, be good to start in something I'm really interested in.

--------------------

As I gaze up at the night sky in my own fair time, I look back down and see the devastation. This post-nuclear world. It's terrible. But at least we got Nuka-Cola, warm and flat, the drink of the post-apocalyptic civiliztion. Generation Next!

Posts: 466 | From: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
PIPBoy2000
Wandering Champion
Member # 133

Member Rated:

posted December 16, 2003 16:10      Profile for PIPBoy2000   Email PIPBoy2000   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post
I'm in, I have some experience with the Fallout 2 mapper.

--------------------

I sometimes get lonely on the weekends...

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted December 16, 2003 16:20      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 292282245
I could think of dome new items and stuff to add to the game..hehe

--------------------

No one is perfect

rad-x
Vault Citizen
Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted December 16, 2003 16:23      Profile for rad-x     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post
I think I'll try out the Mapper tomorrow, see if I can do something practical.

--------------------

As I gaze up at the night sky in my own fair time, I look back down and see the devastation. This post-nuclear world. It's terrible. But at least we got Nuka-Cola, warm and flat, the drink of the post-apocalyptic civiliztion. Generation Next!

Raymondo2000
Wanderer
Member # 87

Member Rated:

posted December 16, 2003 16:23      Profile for Raymondo2000   Author's Homepage   Email Raymondo2000   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 131710234
Sure I’ll join if you want me too. I too have experience with the fallout 2 official editors, I know stuff about the video game industry and have an idea of what people want and what makes games fun.

Jet2241
Outsider
Member # 163

Member Rated:

posted December 17, 2003 01:26      Profile for Jet2241   Email Jet2241   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post
Mag'nifeke !!!

--------------------

Fuck with the best,
end with the rest.

Jim
Wandering Hero
Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted December 17, 2003 05:57      Profile for Jim   Email Jim   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 191605699
I'm in this too.I wanna participate in this
also we can put the feature that allows all your party to be shown with the armor that they are wearing so that we don't have to use a MOD all the time
almost forgot,please post all your messages on one topic cause as i saw we have created 3 topics that are for mods
[ December 17, 2003: Message edited by: Jim ]

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Gauss:
Look whos talking,the least posting member of the community.

Posts: 243 | From: Greece | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 17, 2003 07:58      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 191218899
i guess we're not going to have the "metzger will give you a blowjob for 10$" thing?

--------------------

quote:

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 17, 2003 11:35      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 83373429
Alright, here we go:

1) Arcanus, probably not.
2) Tomorrow I will create a seperate forum for the mod.
3) I will also work on creating a directory on the site where we can all upload/download the files for the mod. I figure it would be easier to share files that way than trying to send the file to everyone else on ICQ when you make a change.

Comments? Suggestions?

rad-x
Vault Citizen
Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted December 17, 2003 11:36      Profile for rad-x     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post
Have you started on this yet?

If not, may I start conceptualizing a small town? Write conversations, make buildings, create characters...

The town I was thinking about last night would be called Dewclaw. But I'll show you in depth what I'm thinking when the new forum comes out.

--------------------

Raymondo2000
Wanderer
Member # 87

Member Rated:

posted December 17, 2003 12:05      Profile for Raymondo2000   Author's Homepage   Email Raymondo2000   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 131710234
Will the forum be hidden?

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 17, 2003 12:42      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 83373429
No, not unless the majority want it to be. I think it would be better to let people openly view our progress.

Raymondo2000
Wanderer
Member # 87

Member Rated:

posted December 17, 2003 12:45      Profile for Raymondo2000   Author's Homepage   Email Raymondo2000   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 131710234
Well don’t you think we should? To keep from spoiling the mod and so we can talk more openly about it.

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted December 17, 2003 12:47      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 292282245
Good point there raymondo.

--------------------

No one is perfect

Jim
Wandering Hero
Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted December 17, 2003 13:01      Profile for Jim   Email Jim   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 191605699
Yeah i agree with Raymondo the forum should be hidden and when a complete version come out we can release it to all,don't you think?

--------------------

quote:

rad-x
Vault Citizen
Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted December 17, 2003 14:42      Profile for rad-x     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post
Hmm... this isn't really a decision for the Proconsul either...

1)Keep the new forum open for 5 days, when that time has passed and we have all registered as being part of the project, then we can have a vote on the forum.

2)Keep the forum open.

3)Have two forums - one for suggestions from the Public, the other Private.

NOTE: In my opinion, keeping the forum closed from the start wastes too much time and adds frustatration when it comes to registering members.

Who's for a vote? Anyone disagree with the options I've put up?

--------------------

Jim
Wandering Hero
Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted December 17, 2003 15:33      Profile for Jim   Email Jim   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 191605699
Rad what do you mean by saying keep the forum open? I can't wait to start

--------------------

quote:

goblinsoftheflarg
Outsider
Member # 162

Rate Member

posted December 17, 2003 18:30      Profile for goblinsoftheflarg   Author's Homepage   Email goblinsoftheflarg   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post
I probably wont help much but i wanna watch it develop... but i can offer ideas

--------------------

i like goblins they make funny little popping noises when they die
Braids, Dementia

Jim
Wandering Hero
Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted December 18, 2003 06:29      Profile for Jim   Email Jim   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 191605699
So then the proconsul should vote in order to see what to do,ok?

--------------------

quote:

rad-x
Vault Citizen
Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted December 18, 2003 09:02      Profile for rad-x     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post
Yeah I agree... a vote I will call.

--------------------

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted December 18, 2003 13:19      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 292282245
Hhey scotty can u upload all thr mods and mod loader plzzzzzz?
i wanna play with mods

--------------------

No one is perfect

rad-x
Vault Citizen
Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted December 18, 2003 13:58      Profile for rad-x     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post
Help. I can't do anything without orders. Who's the leader?

--------------------

Jim
Wandering Hero
Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted December 18, 2003 14:27      Profile for Jim   Email Jim   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 191605699
Hey te last make it as soon as we have time.What are you waiting? to end Christmas holydays?We all almost have some more free time now

--------------------

quote:

Raymondo2000
Wanderer
Member # 87

Member Rated:

posted December 18, 2003 15:30      Profile for Raymondo2000   Author's Homepage   Email Raymondo2000   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 131710234
We need better organization, I say we should set up an IRC or MSN chat and discuss ideas and get jobs sorted; so we all know what needs doing and who’s doing it.

I won't be around for the whole weekend by the way, sorry.

goblinsoftheflarg
Outsider
Member # 162

Rate Member

posted December 18, 2003 17:09      Profile for goblinsoftheflarg   Author's Homepage   Email goblinsoftheflarg   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post
i lied i guess i can kinda use the map editor

--------------------

i like goblins they make funny little popping noises when they die
Braids, Dementia

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 18, 2003 23:56      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 83373429
Ok guys, silence up for a moment before you slap me with tomatoes.

I was gone for the day, but before I fall asleep tonight/pass out, I will hopefully get this mess sorted out to everyone's approval. And if not, you can all yell at me in the morning

All times are Central Time
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community