my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » StGFC Forums   » Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » IT'S MOVING TIME!

Printable Version
Author Topic: IT'S MOVING TIME!
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted January 08, 2004 23:46      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
It's time to finally make the move over to phpBB2! The new forums are at http://www.stgfc.com/phpBB2/

Now, a few things:
1) The color scheme and such is obviously not going to stay. I am working on that right now, but it is crappy and slow going.
2) Everyone has to sign up for a new account. I can't transfer accounts because of the way phpBB encrypts the passwords.
3) Post counts are still in question. I'm looking into it though.
4) Anyone who is part of the Proconsul or mod team will get permissions to these forums after they sign up and I get time to do this.
5) All new topics should be posted on the new forums. Any new topics on these forums will be deleted from this point forward. The current active topics will be allowed to live for about a week, then they will be archived.

Any questions?

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted January 09, 2004 09:49      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
will i keep my post count?

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Ratty:
You are now the Spam God of Fallout community!

Posts: 766 | From: Sweden, Luleå | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted January 09, 2004 09:52      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
quote:
Originally posted by Scotty the Great:
3) Post counts are still in question. I'm looking into it though.

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted January 09, 2004 10:00      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
are you done looking into it now?

--------------------

quote:

tommyk
Outsider
Member # 172

Rate Member

posted January 09, 2004 10:25      Profile for tommyk   Email tommyk   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 216668337
whats wrong with this forum ... ?

Posts: 33 | From: Sweden | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted January 09, 2004 10:42      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
no one knows except everyone except me.

--------------------

quote:

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted January 09, 2004 15:37      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
Shut up already arcanus,dammit! he told you he will look into it,stop being a pest.

--------------------

No one is perfect

Posts: 756 | From: Israel | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted January 09, 2004 15:41      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
nevermind. noone seems to register to the new forum so far?

--------------------

quote:

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted January 09, 2004 23:05      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
No Arcanus, I'll let you know when I'm done looking into it.

We are moving forums because:
1) This one is outdated, and the vast majority of features here are mods that I had to install.
2) The new forums have a lot better features already built in. Plus, there are some other add-ons that I'm sure you all would enjoy but I can't do with these forums. The new ones just leave a lot more room for creativity.

tommyk
Outsider
Member # 172

Rate Member

posted January 10, 2004 07:01      Profile for tommyk   Email tommyk   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 216668337
Hey scotty, You should delete everything in here and make and make only 1 topic "WE HAVE MOVED!" or something.. Or move all posts in to the new forum!

rad-x
Vault Citizen
Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted January 10, 2004 08:03      Profile for rad-x     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, it's been decided that the forums should be archived and I doubt the two forums are actually compatible. Good idea in principle though.

--------------------

As I gaze up at the night sky in my own fair time, I look back down and see the devastation. This post-nuclear world. It's terrible. But at least we got Nuka-Cola, warm and flat, the drink of the post-apocalyptic civiliztion. Generation Next!

Posts: 466 | From: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted January 10, 2004 09:01      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
I cant log onto your forums. Damn you Scotty! This is another of your evil schemes isnt it!!

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Posts: 950 | From: Perth West Australia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted January 10, 2004 09:47      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
heehehehe... i like the word evil schemes

--------------------

quote:

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted January 10, 2004 10:39      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yes, one of my evil schemes.

No, really, I'm lookin' into it.

tommyk
Outsider
Member # 172

Rate Member

posted January 10, 2004 10:41      Profile for tommyk   Email tommyk   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 216668337
add me to icq scotty.

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted January 10, 2004 10:50      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
it seems like your looking into a lot of things scotty! just remember to look into the most important thing first...if i mention it i will probably be banned, but you know what im talking about.

--------------------

quote:

tommyk
Outsider
Member # 172

Rate Member

posted January 10, 2004 10:55      Profile for tommyk   Email tommyk   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 216668337
most important? ooooh.. let me guess.. "post counts" ? spammer4life

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted January 10, 2004 11:04      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
hey that was a secret! now scotty may rip out his BIG ADMIN DICKTM or whatever its called...

--------------------

quote:

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted January 11, 2004 01:53      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Dude, it doesn't matter because you are now banned and these forums are being archived tonight to prevent any spamming here. Simple as that.

All times are Central Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    De-Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community