my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » StGFC Forums   » Fallout   » win2k not working?

Printable Version
Author Topic: win2k not working?
jello
Wandering Hero
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted November 19, 2002 04:56      Profile for jello   Email jello   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
fallout doesn't wanna install in win2k....

what can i do?

i wanna playyyyyyyyy

--------------------

jump on her and demand sex!

Posts: 399 | From: montreal | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 19, 2002 14:43      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
I heard about a similiar problem before, I think there is a solution around. I'll look for it and let you know what I find.

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 19, 2002 16:11      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
I found a solution while surfing around NMA:

How to install Fallout 1 under Win2000/NT/XP
NT users can get around the installer by manually installing the game themselves. Note however that you must have at least NT 4.0 with Service Pack 3 in order to play the game. Also, Fallout should work fine but was not tested very much under NT.

1. First, create a folder for your game called fallout (ie c:\games\fallout).
2. Copy (CDROM):\program\win\falloutw.___ to the folder you created and rename it to falloutw.exe.
3. Now you have four choices, depending on the installation size you want:

Small Installation: Do not copy anything else
Medium Installation: Copy (CDROM):\master.dat (318MB) to your fallout folder (ie c:\games\fallout)
Big Installation: Copy Copy (CDROM):\master.dat (318MB) and (CDROM):\critter.dat (150MB) to your fallout folder (ie c:\games\fallout)
Humongous Installation: Copy Copy (CDROM):\master.dat (318MB), (CDROM):\critter.dat (150MB) and Copy the entire d:\data folder to your fallout folder (ie c:\games\fallout\data)
4. Create a text file in c:\games\fallout called fallout.cfg and add the following line to it, depending on your installation:

Small Installation:
[system]
master_dat=d:\master.dat
critter_dat=d:\critter.dat
[sound]
music_path2=d:\data\sound\music
free_space=0

Medium Installation:
[system]
master_dat=c:\games\fallout\master.dat
critter_dat=d:\critter.dat
[sound]
free_space=0

Big Installation:
[system]
critter_dat=c:\games\fallout\critter.dat
[sound]
free_space=0

Humongous Installation:
[system]
critter_dat=c:\games\fallout\critter.dat
[sound]
music_path2=c:\games\fallout\data\sound\music
free_space=0

To run Fallout 1 under XP, make a shortcut to the falloutw.exe file and right click the shortcut, and select "Properties->Compatibility" and select either Win95,98 and it should work fine..

Hope that helps....

jello
Wandering Hero
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted November 19, 2002 18:33      Profile for jello   Email jello   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ahhh thx alot mate!

--------------------

jump on her and demand sex!

Posts: 399 | From: montreal | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 20, 2002 03:55      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Not a problem

All times are Central Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community