my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » StGFC Forums   » Fallout   » Im starting my Fallout 1..EAK!

Printable Version
Author Topic: Im starting my Fallout 1..EAK!
The_Lonely_Phox
Wanderer
Member # 147

Rate Member

posted November 09, 2003 10:20      Profile for The_Lonely_Phox   Email The_Lonely_Phox   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
God im so newb, (blows dust off fallout 1) well i beat 2 now for fallout 1, unlike fallout 2 i cant reload a saved game and start halfway in it i deleted all my fallout 1 saves when i uninstalled it a long time ago so i must start over, any pointers?

--------------------

"Death is the passage of life into the next"-unknown
"a noob is just an unexperianced veteran"-me to raz 2004

Posts: 84 | From: Cincinnati OH, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted November 09, 2003 10:36      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
???
Just play dammit.
To say the true i passed F1 only once.
Unlike F2(like 10 times)...

--------------------

No one is perfect

Posts: 756 | From: Israel | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
The_Lonely_Phox
Wanderer
Member # 147

Rate Member

posted November 09, 2003 14:46      Profile for The_Lonely_Phox   Email The_Lonely_Phox   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ok i started again. heres what i chose
Male 21 Phox
ST-8
PE-7
EN-8
CH-2
IN-10
AG-10
LK-2
Traits- Gifted,Fast Shot
Skills-Small Gun, Big Gun,Steal

starting stats...seems ok

--------------------

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted November 09, 2003 15:52      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
hmmmmm i never liked sastshot,but since u use biuns that good.

--------------------

No one is perfect

The_Lonely_Phox
Wanderer
Member # 147

Rate Member

posted November 09, 2003 16:59      Profile for The_Lonely_Phox   Email The_Lonely_Phox   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
fast shot is good combined with bonus shot and action boy u can get up to 4 shots a round =) i do it on fallout 2 EVERYONE DIES lol

--------------------

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted November 10, 2003 06:26      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
But it also means you dont get to aim at their eyes with a plasma cannon later on, which is ever so much fun.

Ok here's a challenge, get the Water Chip without getting the water merchants to send water to the vault. Its fairly easy but yeah less lamer to do it that way.

[ November 10, 2003: Message edited by: Slurrydevil ]

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Posts: 950 | From: Perth West Australia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ratty
Wandering Champion
Member # 138

Member Rated:

posted November 10, 2003 09:41      Profile for Ratty     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Water merchants? Who needs THEM? It never took me longer than 80-90 days to get the water chip.

Oh, and I think fast shot and action boy are the best combo, especially when you also have sniper. Imagine getting five critical hits every turn... beautiful...

--------------------

Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors.
But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love.

The_Lonely_Phox
Wanderer
Member # 147

Rate Member

posted November 10, 2003 20:59      Profile for The_Lonely_Phox   Email The_Lonely_Phox   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i obtianed the chip and returned and went to the BoS base and did a few things, i gotta go to boneyard now i currently am:
lv:10 96 max HP
weapon of choice (flamerthrower and sniper rifle)
armor: Power Armor (unhardened)
plently of ammo and money and drugs
Stats:
ST:10
PE:8
EN:9
CH:2
IN:10
AG:10
LK:2
PERKS: strongback(1),bonus rate of fire,sharpshooter.

seems well =)

--------------------

PIPBoy2000
Wandering Champion
Member # 133

Member Rated:

posted November 10, 2003 21:30      Profile for PIPBoy2000   Email PIPBoy2000   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Word for the wise, when starting a character, whether it fallout 1 or 2, never exceed the strengh of 6.... Trust me, and I'm positive everyone else will agree.

--------------------

I sometimes get lonely on the weekends...

The_Lonely_Phox
Wanderer
Member # 147

Rate Member

posted November 10, 2003 21:32      Profile for The_Lonely_Phox   Email The_Lonely_Phox   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
?? um why pip? if its a patch thing i have NO patches and WILL NOT dl any

--------------------

PIPBoy2000
Wandering Champion
Member # 133

Member Rated:

posted November 10, 2003 22:45      Profile for PIPBoy2000   Email PIPBoy2000   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You need a minimum(bad spelling?) of 5 strenght to weild all small guns. 6 to weild all energy guns. You get 4 from the power armor, so you get 10 from that... Plus the BOS upgrade( the stat one) if you start with 5.

The extra strenght is just for carry weight I guess, I suggest that next time you play, you put it into perception.

--------------------

I sometimes get lonely on the weekends...

CaliberOnzo
Wandering Hero
Member # 136

Member Rated:

posted November 12, 2003 12:18      Profile for CaliberOnzo   Author's Homepage   Email CaliberOnzo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 163194783   
Hey,

At my place it gives me an extra bonus to HtH also And that's like the thing I allways use

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Ratty:
You're now the official lazy-ass of the Order.

Posts: 313 | From: Netherlands, Woerden | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted November 12, 2003 14:58      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
LOL!
if u make a mele cahr just use the HtH perks,really helpful.
I had it maxed and could kill almost any1 with 1 critical head\eye punch(using mega(or super,whatever the name is fist).
And unarmed i think is way better than mele wpns!
When u get the perk that reduces all ap by 1,and have 12 ap its just fun! and really good for exp in reno,san fran.

Good combo is unarmed and big guns- close range unarmed and everything else a nice big gun.

Though i love energy more,or gauss rifle [Constapated]

--------------------

No one is perfect

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted November 13, 2003 05:31      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Yeah apart from carry weight it is pretty pointless having too much strength. You can always get pack rat later on to compensate.
You are much better off spending the points on endurance or perception as was said before.

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

The_Lonely_Phox
Wanderer
Member # 147

Rate Member

posted November 13, 2003 08:58      Profile for The_Lonely_Phox   Email The_Lonely_Phox   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
yea i see now, but illl just keep it though, i love to carry usless items...=p i may try for a 10-10-10-2-10-10-2 stats to max =)

--------------------

Danoth Dragon God
Wandering Hero
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted November 13, 2003 11:05      Profile for Danoth Dragon God   Email Danoth Dragon God   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
I personally like the stats 5str 4end 9per 9 int 2 cha 9agl 9luck with the traits bloody mess (Yes I know it does nothing but it's fun and gives you a cooler ending that otherwise you can onlyand gifted, The high intlligence makes up for the 5 skill points and charisma does almost nothing in fallout 1 so long as intelligence is high. This is my sniper type character, so it does not work for many fighting styles... But in my opinion it is the best sniper because of aimed shots and it does not waste any brotherhood upgrades.... I tried fast shot, in fact my first character had it rather than gifted, my stats were completly different, but i still got to bust heads.

--------------------

HAHAHAHA! Your lord of chaos has come, feel my wrath and tremble!!! For the Earth will burn with a fiery light and be purifyed and the corruption of the light will be cleansed with darkness

Posts: 259 | From: Windsor, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted November 14, 2003 22:27      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
I think doing all those uber stats is a bit stupid personally (although fun). You have to bear in mind that your character is supposed to be like a normal human. Good at some things, crap at others, average at others. I find the games much more fulfilling if i play through them with tactics and intelligent moves, instead of blasting my way through because my character is a superhuman killing machine whacked out on buffout!

--------------------

- Nietzsche

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted November 15, 2003 11:53      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
U r absolutly r8 slurry!

--------------------

No one is perfect

CaliberOnzo
Wandering Hero
Member # 136

Member Rated:

posted November 15, 2003 13:56      Profile for CaliberOnzo   Author's Homepage   Email CaliberOnzo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 163194783   
quote:
Originally posted by Gauss Bumper:
LOL!
if u make a mele cahr just use the HtH perks,really helpful.
I had it maxed and could kill almost any1 with 1 critical head\eye punch(using mega(or super,whatever the name is fist).
And unarmed i think is way better than mele wpns!
When u get the perk that reduces all ap by 1,and have 12 ap its just fun! and really good for exp in reno,san fran.

Good combo is unarmed and big guns- close range unarmed and everything else a nice big gun.

Though i love energy more,or gauss rifle [Constapated]

Why would unarmed be better? All the HtH perks give bonus to melee and melee weapons boost the damage you do.... I thought at start the HtH perks would only give a bonus too hand but they also give bonus to melee

--------------------

quote:

Danoth Dragon God
Wandering Hero
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted November 17, 2003 12:09      Profile for Danoth Dragon God   Email Danoth Dragon God   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
I attempted to make a character like myself, but really as in fallout stats i cant male myself. i would judge my character to be actually a lot like me, but since i have been working out recently i would say that i actually i am 6str 4cha 8int (IQ 132) 8Agl 8per 7 luck 5end
However in fallout its not possable to make me is it? [Cool]
(i got my girlfriend becaus I think i have the Karma Surta perk)

[ November 17, 2003: Message edited by: Danoth Dragon God ]

--------------------

HAHAHAHA! Your lord of chaos has come, feel my wrath and tremble!!! For the Earth will burn with a fiery light and be purifyed and the corruption of the light will be cleansed with darkness

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 17, 2003 14:45      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
lol, I don't know if it would be possible to make me either. I never gave it much thought until now, actually. I always tried to play a fun-loving character that loves to pull out his favorite weapon every now and then and kill people at random. Actually, that sounds a lot like me. Strange. [Tongue Job 1]

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
CaliberOnzo
Wandering Hero
Member # 136

Member Rated:

posted November 18, 2003 03:46      Profile for CaliberOnzo   Author's Homepage   Email CaliberOnzo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 163194783   
Hey,

Hmmm maybe it's weird but I allways imagine myself to be a aggressive type in these games... I'm not right now because of all the rules we have but if there wouldn't be any I would surely fall to the dark side....I think...

--------------------

quote:

Danoth Dragon God
Wandering Hero
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted November 18, 2003 10:32      Profile for Danoth Dragon God   Email Danoth Dragon God   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
Bloody Mess fits me because im the kind of guy who if there was no universal law enforcement would kill people at random... very very violently... most likly with something messy like a crowbar... or something that causes splatters... I need a rage councelor... [Angry] [Angry]
JK!

--------------------

Scott Aran
Outsider
Member # 149

Rate Member

posted November 19, 2003 12:00      Profile for Scott Aran   Email Scott Aran   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If you realy want to make yourself dl the editor,
but obviously the game will not be quite the same, i beleive the 999 ap 99%critical chance and 999 health ruin it. but thats just me. [Depressed]

--------------------

poster of none so much

Posts: 41 | From: keizer oregon | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 19, 2003 12:04      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yeah, but if you want to blow through everyone in the game in the blink of an eye, it's not a bad way to go

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 05, 2003 01:08      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
blowing everything in a blink isnt that fun after a while...i cheated a char in f2 and he had 100% critical hit 999 hp 99 ap 950 ac 10 in all stats and 300% in all skills and an advanced power armor MKII and a super sledge. then i killed everyone and got bored after a while.

--------------------

quote:
You are now the Spam God of Fallout community!

Posts: 766 | From: Sweden, Luleå | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Central Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community