my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » StGFC Forums   » Fallout Tactics   » Questions (Page 2)

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Questions
Danoth Dragon God
Wandering Hero
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted November 18, 2003 10:48      Profile for Danoth Dragon God   Email Danoth Dragon God   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
Derailing topics is fun...
smoking is bad for you [Smoking]

Dont tell my mom i was doing that...

--------------------

HAHAHAHA! Your lord of chaos has come, feel my wrath and tremble!!! For the Earth will burn with a fiery light and be purifyed and the corruption of the light will be cleansed with darkness

Posts: 259 | From: Windsor, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 19, 2003 10:23      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
lol, no problem. And topic derailment in my opinion is almost unaviodable. It seems that every thread evolves to a different topic over time no matter what.

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scott Aran
Outsider
Member # 149

Rate Member

posted November 19, 2003 12:13      Profile for Scott Aran   Email Scott Aran   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Such is the way of all things, they are born of other things, the grow and evolve but eventually they die as do their fathers. What the crazy game was that form?

anyway i liked what i played of tactics. it is very diffrent though. whatever. [Cool]

--------------------

poster of none so much

Posts: 41 | From: keizer oregon | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Danoth Dragon God
Wandering Hero
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted November 19, 2003 16:06      Profile for Danoth Dragon God   Email Danoth Dragon God   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
Thats exactly the way I would describe tactics, not better or worse, just different...

--------------------

HAHAHAHA! Your lord of chaos has come, feel my wrath and tremble!!! For the Earth will burn with a fiery light and be purifyed and the corruption of the light will be cleansed with darkness

Scott Aran
Outsider
Member # 149

Rate Member

posted November 19, 2003 21:19      Profile for Scott Aran   Email Scott Aran   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i liked tactics, but i had a few problems/bugs. it is diffrent in play, but it is decent i would say. ive seen some good points and some really crap ones, but whatever.

--------------------

poster of none so much

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted November 20, 2003 11:08      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
*takes a seat next to Scotty and hands him a bag of popcorn and a soda* Looks like this one might get interesting. *stands up* Forgot the milk duds. *walks away*

Posts: 2150 | From: Sconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Danoth Dragon God
Wandering Hero
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted November 20, 2003 11:15      Profile for Danoth Dragon God   Email Danoth Dragon God   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
DID SOMEONE SAY MILKDUDS! I LOVE MILKDUDS NEED MILKDUDS TO ARGUE PROPERLY, SUGER GOOOOD!!!!

Im ok, Im ok, Im ok.... But I think the arguing stopped... In fact, it almost looks like we are now discussing the virtues of Tactics. Amazing how quickly conversations turn due to new members such as scottaran and myself.
Especially if the new members have too much free time like me.

--------------------

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 20, 2003 13:13      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yeah, well, we love to have new members here.

Now for some input from me on the matter: I still don't like Tactics. I will agree that, as ONLY a tactical combat game, it was alright. However, it has the 'Fallout' name on it, and as I argued before I felt that Tactics wasn't nearly Falloutish enough. Also, this is only my opinion for the sake of saying it only, and not for the sake of debating. *looks over at rad [Tongue Job 1] *

Danoth Dragon God
Wandering Hero
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted November 20, 2003 14:38      Profile for Danoth Dragon God   Email Danoth Dragon God   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
Yeah, I somewhat agree that it does not feel as fallout like as the other games. It felt like the combat system was almost the same but the extra members that you actually got to control. It was very falloutish however if you thought in the context that fallout is not just an RPG anymore since tactics. Even before tactics however, some people may agree with me, Fallout is a way of life, tactics just enhanced that feeling for me... Whatever, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. [Cool]

--------------------

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted November 21, 2003 06:14      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Yeah i guess thats pretty accurate. Its an ok game, a good tactical game but a shithouse ambassador of the Fallout series. The only reason it felt like fallout to me was organising weapons and stims and armour like you did in 1 and 2.

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Posts: 950 | From: Perth West Australia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Danoth Dragon God
Wandering Hero
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted November 21, 2003 10:24      Profile for Danoth Dragon God   Email Danoth Dragon God   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
yeah...
the CTF system needs some polishing up, it was good, but the origional turnbased was much better.

--------------------

Jim
Wandering Hero
Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted November 21, 2003 12:44      Profile for Jim   Email Jim   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191605699
if tactics hadn't got the word FALLOUT in its title things would have been better

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Gauss:
Look whos talking,the least posting member of the community.

Posts: 243 | From: Greece | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Danoth Dragon God
Wandering Hero
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted November 21, 2003 13:06      Profile for Danoth Dragon God   Email Danoth Dragon God   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
I think that fallout was on the title simply becuase it was from the time period.

--------------------

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 21, 2003 17:42      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
I agree. That's one of the reasons I have never liked the game.

PIPBoy2000
Wandering Champion
Member # 133

Member Rated:

posted November 21, 2003 19:28      Profile for PIPBoy2000   Email PIPBoy2000   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Iplay figured anything with "Fallout" in it would sell like hotcakes. Unfortuanatly...they let out a demo...

--------------------

I sometimes get lonely on the weekends...

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 21, 2003 22:34      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yeah, but still, a lot of people (like me) preordered the game. However, after the first week or so when word about what Tactics was like got around, sales dropped a lot.

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted November 22, 2003 06:00      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
EEEEEEEAAAAAAAAOOOOOO!! *sound of Tactics crashing and burning*

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Posts: 950 | From: Perth West Australia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scott Aran
Outsider
Member # 149

Rate Member

posted November 24, 2003 20:15      Profile for Scott Aran   Email Scott Aran   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
yes it did none to well obviously. i play it occasionally, its fun when you have one guy whos hacked to god status and he just kill everything, but i get to many bugs to play constantly.

just an opinion.

[ November 24, 2003: Message edited by: Scott Aran ]

--------------------

poster of none so much

Danoth Dragon God
Wandering Hero
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted November 25, 2003 10:34      Profile for Danoth Dragon God   Email Danoth Dragon God   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
HAHA HAHA HAHA
I just think that tactics is really fun but there is one major problem with it. All it does is branch off of the main fallout storyline. In the RPG fallout games I was always really pissed because the people in my party always got in the way, so I never got any CHA... In fallout one since there were so few... it pays to be able to move people out of the way...

--------------------

All times are Central Time
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community