my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » StGFC Forums   » Fallout Brotherhood of Steel   » DAMNED INTERPLAY! (Page 1)

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Printable Version
Author Topic: DAMNED INTERPLAY!
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted March 13, 2003 16:13      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yeah, those mother fuckers majorly fucked this one up. The good news is they are making another Fallout game. The bad news is it isn't Fallout 3. The even worse news is that they are cramming even more action in it and ripping out more of the RPG heart of the Fallout series. If the company would've taken two seconds to listen to their customers complaints about Tactics, they would've found that that is the worst thing they can do. Fans of Fallout want another RPG, not another Tactics.

And the most horrible news is that they are releasing it only for PS2 and X-Box.

Check out the link yourself, this makes me sick: Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel (Proud to be Another Product That
Will Ruin the Fallout Legacy!)

It's craptacular!

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted March 13, 2003 16:19      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
More about this crappy story can be found at other sites as well.

Check out the headlines:

"Interplay raises the middle finger to Fallout fans again" - No Mutants Allowed

"IPLY pisses of entire Fallout community!" - Vault 52

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted March 13, 2003 19:32      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Thats too great. I love your poll by the way! Someone should be shot!

Posts: 2150 | From: Sconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
FALLOUTGOD
Wandering Hero
Member # 94

Member Rated:

posted March 14, 2003 13:42      Profile for FALLOUTGOD   Email FALLOUTGOD   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 161401573   
THATS IT IM GUNA SUICIDE BOMB THE BUILDING THEY ARE MAKING THIS SHIT IN! DIE FUCKERS DIE!

--------------------

xcuse me while i kill my self
blow my brain across the wall
fuck you all, how do you do
fuck me? fuck you too
and now i end this all

xcuse me while...... i kill my seeeeeeeeeeeeeelf

Posts: 389 | From: some-place-near-hell | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted March 14, 2003 13:57      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
I think we sould change the u.s.a`s army target from Iraq to Interplay...

--------------------

No one is perfect

Posts: 756 | From: Israel | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted March 14, 2003 16:22      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
I know! Something should really be done against this.

My guess is that the only reason Interplay is releasing this product is because they've been falling down fast (ever since the release of Tactics and BG2), and need to find a way to make some quick cash. And yeah, that's all it is. Some chump change that they are going to make on a crappy game. They could increase profit by attaching the 'Fallout' name to it because the series at one time had a strong following. But in doing so they are just pissing people off and dragging the Fallout name through the mud. And what I mean by chump change is that they are not going to make a lot of money on this. Looking at the facts, the entire Fallout community (which they are relying on for sales) is pissed and are not going to buy. Plus, only ten consule games released by Interplay sold over 100,000 copies; only five topped 200,000. That's not a lot.

Eh, Interplay sucks.

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted March 14, 2003 16:44      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Well, now there is something you can sort of do about it:

Sign a petition against Fallout BoS.

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted March 15, 2003 08:53      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
Done.

--------------------

No one is perfect

Posts: 756 | From: Israel | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Knight_Wolf
Wandering Champion
Member # 92

Member Rated:

posted March 15, 2003 18:16      Profile for Knight_Wolf   Author's Homepage   Email Knight_Wolf   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 1477479369   
Done and did there scotty.

And I think we should all go over to interplay And "Kick them square in the nuts!!"

ehh just an idea..

--------------------

If a man in a purple robe was crossing a bridge but snaps as he falls to his death and nobody is there to hear does he make a noise?

Posts: 179 | From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted March 16, 2003 12:34      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yeah, I agree. I hope that they will realize what they have done (pissed off entire Fallout community) and do something about it.

Somehow, though, I remain doubtful this will happen.

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted March 17, 2003 03:53      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
All they did was combine the storyline of Fallout and Fallout 2, are they fucking mentally ill? This is going to be a seriously shithouse game.

I think maybe we should send a forum group protest, not that it would do much good. Interplay are completely going to shit and now they just say "well we made fallout and baldurs gate, those suckers will buy whatever crap we sell them"

Im probably going to boycot this game unless they miraculously manage to make it decent, which is about a 1/100,000,000 chance.

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Posts: 950 | From: Perth West Australia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted March 17, 2003 07:06      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yeah, I don't plan to buy it either (mainly because I don't have an Xbox or PS2, so I wouldn't be able to play it anyway).

Also, from the looks of this, they just took out the word 'Tactics' from the title (Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel, remember?) and converted the game to different consules.

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted March 19, 2003 22:59      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Yeah and to think they could seriosuly save their bankrupt asses with Fallout 3, they could guarantee every single Fallout player would snap it up, and there are quite a lot of us.

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted March 20, 2003 08:56      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yeah, precisely. But they would also have to listen to the Fallout community about what we want from Fallout 3. If they just pump out another crappy game, no one will buy it. Look at Tactics, even though sales were high during the first few weeks because of the Fallout community buying, after that they dropped steeply. That was because reviews were coming in and word was going around about how bad it actually was. If Interplay releases Fallout 3, at first I'll be surprised if a lot of people buy it. They'd probably want to wait around first and see what other people say about it before spending their money on it. So if they would make F3 and not do an outstanding job on it, it wouldn't help them in the least.

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted March 20, 2003 20:06      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Well if they did it RPG style it would almost have to be better than another crappy shooter.

--------------------

- Nietzsche

Heero Yuy
Vault Champion
Member # 8

Member Rated:

posted March 21, 2003 00:43      Profile for Heero Yuy   Email Heero Yuy   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
RPG shits all over FPS! There are so many FPS's around and I am getting sick and tired of it! With RPG you still can kill and stuff but it is heaps harder with puzzles and all...

--------------------

"I'll give you just one piece of advice... Dying hurts like hell." - Heero Yuy

Posts: 937 | From: Classified | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted March 21, 2003 07:00      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Precisely. We need another good RPG to play. Enough already with FPS!

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted March 22, 2003 02:50      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
They should also stop bringing out third rate historical RTS games while they are at it.

--------------------

- Nietzsche

FALLOUTGOD
Wandering Hero
Member # 94

Member Rated:

posted March 31, 2003 19:42      Profile for FALLOUTGOD   Email FALLOUTGOD   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 161401573   
Name Comments
227. Bill Denton INTERPLAY I HOPE YOU DIE! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HAVE NO LIFE AND I WANT MY FUCKING FALLOUT 3 YOU BASTARDS!

I signed... no, not in a good mood. Well I'm not going into the details but it's my g/f, [Depressed] please kill me now...

--------------------

fuck me? fuck you too
and now i end this all

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted April 01, 2003 00:12      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
*caps FG in the head with a pop gun*

There, it may comfort you to know you are now metaphorically dead!!

Well at least a fair few of the game companies still have the right stuff when it comes to making games, but there are always clueless people in every bunch.

--------------------

- Nietzsche

FALLOUTGOD
Wandering Hero
Member # 94

Member Rated:

posted April 02, 2003 21:22      Profile for FALLOUTGOD   Email FALLOUTGOD   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 161401573   
if anyone has a gun please talk to me, it be nice if someone could send me theirs

--------------------

fuck me? fuck you too
and now i end this all

Knight_Wolf
Wandering Champion
Member # 92

Member Rated:

posted April 05, 2003 15:30      Profile for Knight_Wolf   Author's Homepage   Email Knight_Wolf   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 1477479369   
I will send you a gun!!! For real!! .....but theres gonna be one little problem about it... its gonna be a toy gun..Because I dont want to see you hurt yourself now..!

--------------------

If a man in a purple robe was crossing a bridge but snaps as he falls to his death and nobody is there to hear does he make a noise?

Posts: 179 | From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted April 05, 2003 17:33      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yeah. I myself don't have a gun, nor ever needed to have one.

I'll probably go out & buy one after I get out of college, you know, just for protection and such.

FALLOUTGOD
Wandering Hero
Member # 94

Member Rated:

posted April 05, 2003 19:56      Profile for FALLOUTGOD   Email FALLOUTGOD   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 161401573   
I could go for a psycho killer willing to slit my throat... but that prolly would hurt...

--------------------

fuck me? fuck you too
and now i end this all

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted April 05, 2003 23:16      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
PLEASE STOP TALKING LIKE THAT FG. PLEASE FOR MY SANITY, STOP! Not only have I thought about it, but 2 of my friends have committed suicide in the past 2 months. It isn't something I want to hear about right now.

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted April 06, 2003 22:26      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Yeah its scaring us man, stop it!

--------------------

- Nietzsche

FALLOUTGOD
Wandering Hero
Member # 94

Member Rated:

posted April 07, 2003 21:54      Profile for FALLOUTGOD   Email FALLOUTGOD   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 161401573   
I'm sorry but theres just a time when a man gives up living. I can't help it, Saddam is dead, maybe I'll be joining him on the way down to hell tonight... my g/f told me why she dumped me. Please don't be angry with me too many people are anyway... thats why I wana die... if I can find a good fail proof way tonight it won't matter. Plus what do you guys really care? Just some guy you know of the net... you would never notice if I did end up dead.

--------------------

fuck me? fuck you too
and now i end this all

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted April 07, 2003 23:13      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
FG, please don't do it. Right about now, you need friends to talk you through this. Just please don't do anything that you would regret. Hell, all this talk about committing suicide is making me think of it again. THANKS ALOT!

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted April 08, 2003 06:53      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
FG, don't do something you'll regret. It's not too late to turn back, not too late to try again, not too late to search for something better. Believe me, I've been there; I'm sure most of us have. Plus, I already had a friend of mine take his own life; I don't want to see you do the same.

FALLOUTGOD
Wandering Hero
Member # 94

Member Rated:

posted April 10, 2003 17:35      Profile for FALLOUTGOD   Email FALLOUTGOD   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 161401573   
Yup... I just wish my fucking hook up came with my ounce, there also supposed to take me to a local undeground pot/gas station place to get me a new pipe. I lost my old pipe when I got chased by cops over spring break, I hate those stupid pigs.

--------------------

fuck me? fuck you too
and now i end this all

FALLOUTGOD
Wandering Hero
Member # 94

Member Rated:

posted June 20, 2003 03:22      Profile for FALLOUTGOD   Email FALLOUTGOD   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 161401573   
ah good ol dyslexia showing through in my earlier post... well I just noticed my comment was removed from the petition, my attempts to correct this have failed... at times like this I have serious doubts that our government system is really working, I have an opinion and I want to be heard, however, I realize no one at that petition place gives a damn...

--------------------

fuck me? fuck you too
and now i end this all

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted June 20, 2003 14:25      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Heh, yeah, guess so. I somehow doubt the petition even made a difference. :s

FALLOUTGOD
Wandering Hero
Member # 94

Member Rated:

posted June 20, 2003 16:30      Profile for FALLOUTGOD   Email FALLOUTGOD   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 161401573   
*looks around all druged up and crazy, his pupils so dialated you can not see the color of the iris except for I thick line*
pssst pssst! scotty...!
*motions scotty to come over and whispers this in his ear.... VERY LOUDLY!*
I think it was a conspiracy... I bet interplay payed them to take names of the list... we should do something, rebel and bring justice to this world once more!

--------------------

fuck me? fuck you too
and now i end this all

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted June 21, 2003 05:39      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Yeah, we could plant a bomb in the Interplay head office...and kill everyone who decided to create this monstrosity of a game!.....

Ok now we need a volunteer to strap the bomb on and walk in....hmmm...FG, its your time to shine!

--------------------

- Nietzsche

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted June 21, 2003 11:27      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
I bet if you were all drugged up, you wouldn't even feel the pain.

All times are Central Time
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community