my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » StGFC Forums   » Fallout Brotherhood of Steel   » PC Gamer doesn't like BoS

Printable Version
Author Topic: PC Gamer doesn't like BoS
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted July 01, 2003 02:13      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
That's right, PC Gamer, one of the biggest gaming magazines around, is not fond of BoS either. Listen to this quote:

"Finally, a word about what has to be the biggest RPG disappointment so far for 2003: Interplay's announcement of a console-only Fallout game. To have Interplay finally make some noise again with this excellent franchise, and have theat news come in the form of a "darkly humorous third-person action/adventure" called Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel - for Xbox and PlayStation2 owners only - is a bit of a slap in the face for loyal fans of the PC series.
My moles are still diggin', but there's still no word of a new Fallout RPG in the works for PC. In the meantime, keep those fingers crossed, and StarCraft fans can at least telll you that you're not alone in your misery. "

So there you have it.

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
FALLOUTGOD
Wandering Hero
Member # 94

Member Rated:

posted July 02, 2003 13:33      Profile for FALLOUTGOD   Email FALLOUTGOD   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 161401573   
SELL OUTS

I'M SCREAMING FUCKING BLOODY MURDER I'LL SHRED EM ALL TO HELL FUCK INTERPLAY BAH

*KICKS THE CRAP FOR CRAP OUT OF THE INTERPLAY LOGO!*

DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

... ok .... someone needs anger management... that or an interplay executive to manage the anger on [Tongue Job 1]

--------------------

xcuse me while i kill my self
blow my brain across the wall
fuck you all, how do you do
fuck me? fuck you too
and now i end this all

xcuse me while...... i kill my seeeeeeeeeeeeeelf

Posts: 389 | From: some-place-near-hell | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted July 02, 2003 14:24      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
heheheh, yeah, I agree!

Harliquin
Outsider
Member # 120

Rate Member

posted July 06, 2003 20:13      Profile for Harliquin   Author's Homepage   Email Harliquin   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
I think it would be a great idea for them to remake fallout 2 (make it look a little sharper like tactics) then add a few more citys and towns and other cool stuff, and make it an online game like UO.

that would rule!

--------------------

Ying or Yang?

Posts: 19 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
FALLOUTGOD
Wandering Hero
Member # 94

Member Rated:

posted July 06, 2003 21:50      Profile for FALLOUTGOD   Email FALLOUTGOD   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 161401573   
you know I was think about this morning when I was peeing and smoking a cig... but then I realized the tatics engine was utter crap and that no one would waste their time using it to make an online game...

--------------------

xcuse me while i kill my self
blow my brain across the wall
fuck you all, how do you do
fuck me? fuck you too
and now i end this all

xcuse me while...... i kill my seeeeeeeeeeeeeelf

Posts: 389 | From: some-place-near-hell | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted July 07, 2003 01:39      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Well it looks ok but its so full of bugs its not worth it.

Well re-releasing Resident evil worked, except those slut whores only released it on Gamecube...i mean WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY THINKING??! WHO OLD ENOUGH TO PLAY RE OWNS A GAMECUBE FOR GODS SAKE!!

Sorry had to release the anger...deep breaths...

Anyhow, it could work, but thats not the point, we want Fallout 3!, not Fallout racing or Fallout Tennis or Fallout Monopoly..and definately not Fallout Tychoon.......no more spinoffs or cheapening the Fallout name, just a sequel. I mean if a game franchise is good you can make a lot of sequels, i mean look at Final Fantasy, there are ten of them!!

[ July 07, 2003: Message edited by: Slurrydevil ]

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Posts: 950 | From: Perth West Australia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted July 07, 2003 12:06      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yes yes, but please never relate Final Fantasy to Fallout again Slurry or I'll have to smite you. I loath Final Fantasy just as much as I do Starcraft, which is nearly an infinite amount. But for the timebeing I'll spare you all from my rant.

Rather, I'll just say "Bring on Fallout 3!"

And as for remaking F2, they could just make an expansion for it. That would be neat, but it would have to have the same engine and feel as F2.

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted July 08, 2003 00:10      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Well im a big fan so we won't touch on theological differences. We both want F3 and thats all that matters. Its a bit like that me and Rob vs you and Stapes thing ages ago about whether Rap and Hiphop sucks or not.

[ July 08, 2003: Message edited by: Slurrydevil ]

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted July 08, 2003 12:15      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
If you want to get a little technical, Rap is the same thing as Hip Hop. Hip Hop is just a snazzier name.

Posts: 2150 | From: Sconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted July 08, 2003 21:07      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Really? Hip Hop is actually kinda different here, Australian Hip-Hop has its own sort of style which makes it quite distinctive from Rap.
I know its different cos I kinda like Aussie Hip Hop but I dislike American stuff intensely. Maybe its because Ebonics piss me off and there isn't any in Aussie stuff.

[ July 08, 2003: Message edited by: Slurrydevil ]

--------------------

- Nietzsche

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted July 09, 2003 01:34      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Yeah, that is true. I never really thought about it that way. I just know that Hip Hop in the US is another word for Rap.

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted July 09, 2003 11:19      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yeah, Rap and Hip Hop are basically the same. However, I think it is more artist-based. For instance, more people would classify Eve and the Black Eyed Peas as Hip Hop over Rap, and everybody would classify Eminem and Dr. Dre as Rap and not even mention Hip Hop.

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted July 09, 2003 12:37      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
No, Hip Hop is Rap. No if, ands, or buts about it. It isn't basically the same as Rap. IT IS RAP! Basically what you are saying Scotty is that Eve and the Black Eyed Peas are Rap, and Dre and Eminem are also Rap. I took a class on music genres my last semester of my senior year. I know what I'm talking about when it comes to music.

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted July 10, 2003 00:31      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
I know that it is one in the same; I was just trying to point out that American culture dictates what is called 'Rap' and what is called 'Hip-Hop'. Yeah, it's the same, but each are used seperately for different artists. Ugh, let's see if this makes more sense:

hip-hop or hip hop: noun
Definition: A popular urban youth culture, closely associated with rap music and with the style and fashions of African-American inner-city residents.
rap: noun
Definition:A form of popular music developed especially in African-American urban communities and characterized by spoken or chanted rhyming lyrics with a syncopated, repetitive rhythmic accompaniment.

It's sort of like the whole "soda" vs. "pop" thing. Each are exactly the same, but each are used. It's basically the same thing with this. Ugh, I hope that makes sense.

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted July 10, 2003 10:44      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Its all very confusing really lol

--------------------

- Nietzsche

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted July 10, 2003 12:12      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yeah, it is confusing (I even confused myself a few times while typing the last post), but it's really just a deal with location. If the person raps mainly to appeal to the lower class or about the lower class of society, then it's classified as rap. If the rap is aimed more towards urban city kids that have pretty nice lives, it's classified as hip-hop. This get's sort of vague, though, because some are aimed sort of at both, and sometimes the rapper is popular in both areas. However, if you listen to the lyrics, you should be able to figure it out.

Harliquin
Outsider
Member # 120

Rate Member

posted July 12, 2003 09:04      Profile for Harliquin   Author's Homepage   Email Harliquin   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
Sure i really want fallout 3 to come out...and i never said that. Hell i'll enjoy that as much as the next fallout fiend

But what i was getting at was fallout 2 that looks a little more updated (like fallout tactics...i don't mean the engine for it...just the better looking characters and stuff)

and make it online where thousands of people can train and do what they want and proper role play in fallout with other players

but i won't let you respond to that because i can imagine you misunderstand me.

--------------------

Ying or Yang?

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted July 12, 2003 14:06      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yeah, if they did remake F2 they could do a lot of improvements. However, I didn't necessarily like the feel of Tactics. It seemed to be overkill on the updates and lost some of the feel that the previous games had. As for multiplayer, it would be nice.

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted July 12, 2003 18:29      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
I'm not even going to go on with what I was going to post about Rap and Hip-Hop. The reason I'm not going to post it is because you will get all bent out of shape even though I probably know more about it than you do.

As for making a remake of F2, I don't think it would be that cool. Interplay doesn't listen to the people, and if they tried to remake it, they wouldn't listen to any of the Fallout fans and they would butcher it just like you guys think they are butchering BoS.

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted July 12, 2003 22:10      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
It could work, but i agree with Stapes, Interplay are a bunch of capitalist pigs and they would mess it up in a mad rush for quick bucks.

[ July 12, 2003: Message edited by: Slurrydevil ]

--------------------

- Nietzsche

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted July 13, 2003 01:49      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Hrmph, Stapes relax. I'm just saying that there is a very slight difference besides just the name. That's what I was trying to explain. Ugh, fuck it, there's no need to continue this here; we each have our own viewpoints that are not going to change.

quote:
Originally posted by Stapes:
The reason I'm not going to post it is because you will get all bent out of shape even though I probably know more about it than you do.

Next, Stapes, I advise you to watch yourself. Don't try to belittle me. If you want to retort, do so and post something useful. Don't say "I know more than you about it, anyway, and you wouldn't be able to handle what I would say". It not only makes yourself look immature, but it also can be considered insulting. Such comments are unwelcomed here, regardless of who they are targeted towards. If you have any such things like this to say in the future, I would advise you to say it directly to me on MSN or ICQ, or bite your tongue and keep it to yourself. The results would probably be more positive.

Lastly, for the topic, I doubt that Interplay would take the time to do a quality remake of F2. However, we still have the hopes of Van Buren actually being Fallout 3.

Harliquin
Outsider
Member # 120

Rate Member

posted July 13, 2003 12:02      Profile for Harliquin   Author's Homepage   Email Harliquin   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
I wonder if it would be possible to make your own new missions for fallout. That would be pretty damn cool.

--------------------

Ying or Yang?

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted July 14, 2003 10:57      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yeah, that would be a nice feature. You sort of get the chance with the F2 map editor, but it doesn't really enable you to play what you create.

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted July 15, 2003 10:05      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Ok no Flamage allowed!

*sprays flame proof foam all over the forum*

Scotty is right though, any further argument would be completely pointless and damaging.

--------------------

- Nietzsche

All times are Central Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community