my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » Hosted Sites   » The Order's Diablo 2 Clan   » What the! Hey nice maybe I discoverd something!

Printable Version
Author Topic: What the! Hey nice maybe I discoverd something!
CaliberOnzo
Wandering Hero
Member # 136

Member Rated:

posted November 02, 2003 10:10      Profile for CaliberOnzo   Author's Homepage   Email CaliberOnzo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 163194783   
Hey,

I was playing Diablo II today made my own server etc. and all of a sudden I got a message here it is:
It says 873 Stones of Jordan Sold to Merchants. I've got to all merchants I could find but I couldn't find 1 stone anyone knows what this is?

[ November 02, 2003: Message edited by: CaliberOnzo ]

[ November 02, 2003: Message edited by: CaliberOnzo ]

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Ratty:
You're now the official lazy-ass of the Order.

Posts: 313 | From: Netherlands, Woerden | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted November 02, 2003 10:26      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
Well Stone of Jordan is the unique ring.
Though im not sure what this msg means..
I

--------------------

No one is perfect

Posts: 756 | From: Israel | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
CaliberOnzo
Wandering Hero
Member # 136

Member Rated:

posted November 02, 2003 14:04      Profile for CaliberOnzo   Author's Homepage   Email CaliberOnzo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 163194783   
Hey,

I found out what it was it's the special world event every server gets it's own Clone-Diablo or something and that thing is the reward when you kill him. At least that's what I heard someone say

--------------------

quote:

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted November 02, 2003 14:16      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
WTF??
U mean theres 2 diablos?

--------------------

No one is perfect

Ratty
Wandering Champion
Member # 138

Member Rated:

posted November 02, 2003 14:43      Profile for Ratty     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Unusual. SOJs are very powerful unique rings, and people duped them like mad during the duping manias. After Rust Storm was unleashed, I imagine a lot of people would sell their duped SOJs to merchants to get money for them before they are deleted. But I still don't see what it has to do with that message...

--------------------

Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors.
But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love.

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted November 02, 2003 15:13      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
How RustStorm works?
And btw last time i played on USeast i had some lags...
I have a cable 750k connection,so do u know if antyhing can b done?

[ November 02, 2003: Message edited by: Gauss Bumper ]

--------------------

No one is perfect

Ratty
Wandering Champion
Member # 138

Member Rated:

posted November 02, 2003 18:58      Profile for Ratty     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hmmmm, apparently this SOJ message is actually a counter that triggers the world event - appearance of a SuperDiablo. If world event happens in your game, you get a message saying something like "Diablo walks the Earth", and the first unique monster you encounter will be Diablo! And a really powerful one - 95% resist all, 95% damage resist, metheor storms, improved defense etc. If you manage to defeat him, he drops the godly Annihilus charm.

Gauss, don't worry about lags, they will pass. As for Rust Storm, it works swiftly and silently. It just deletes your duped and hacked items, without much hassle. You just join a game and find half of your items gone.

--------------------

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted November 03, 2003 07:42      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
I dont have this crap,and even if i was able to play on bnet long ago,beleieve me im not the cheating type.
Its just takes all the fun and accomplishment out.

As for super diablo we all will have to beat him together,coz thers no 1 powerful enough to do this by himself..

--------------------

No one is perfect

Ratty
Wandering Champion
Member # 138

Member Rated:

posted November 03, 2003 10:01      Profile for Ratty     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't think he spawns to lame low level players like us. [Tongue Job 1]

--------------------

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted November 03, 2003 10:14      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
I guess he spawns in hell,do u know what activates the spawn,or its just random?

--------------------

No one is perfect

CaliberOnzo
Wandering Hero
Member # 136

Member Rated:

posted November 03, 2003 10:27      Profile for CaliberOnzo   Author's Homepage   Email CaliberOnzo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 163194783   
Hey,

I think it's random just like this message. And about the lagg i've got lagg though it's a subtle one my merc just cant follow me and teleports around and also the enemies sometime do but a lot less sometimes the game just stops a couple of seconds. It's been since 1.10 before that I had no problems...

--------------------

quote:

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted November 03, 2003 10:48      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
ok then...

--------------------

No one is perfect

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted November 03, 2003 17:18      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
the merc always teleports around and cant follow because he is dumb usually...
Whac can ya do?they just dont make them as they did before...

--------------------

No one is perfect

Ratty
Wandering Champion
Member # 138

Member Rated:

posted November 03, 2003 17:19      Profile for Ratty     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There's some kind of a counter that determines when the world event will be triggered, but I don't know how the game where it is to happen gets chosen.

--------------------

CaliberOnzo
Wandering Hero
Member # 136

Member Rated:

posted November 04, 2003 08:35      Profile for CaliberOnzo   Author's Homepage   Email CaliberOnzo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 163194783   
Hey,

Merc didn't teleport before the patch

--------------------

quote:

Ratty
Wandering Champion
Member # 138

Member Rated:

posted November 04, 2003 08:36      Profile for Ratty     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, best way to force the merc to follow you is play with a sorceress and teleport a lot. If you teleport, the merc teleports as well and appears right next to you. With a normal character, you can use a town portal to go to town and then return to the dungeon. Your merc will be right next to you. Having a merc when playing a whirlwind barb is a bad idea, because whenever you start whirling, all monsters stop attacking you and go after your merc instead.

--------------------

CaliberOnzo
Wandering Hero
Member # 136

Member Rated:

posted November 04, 2003 14:02      Profile for CaliberOnzo   Author's Homepage   Email CaliberOnzo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 163194783   
Hey,

My character doesn't even has Whirlwind yet

--------------------

quote:

All times are Central Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community