my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » StGFC Forums   » Fallout 2   » fresh meat for the grinder... (Page 1)

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Printable Version
Author Topic: fresh meat for the grinder...
genius83
Outsider
Member # 91

Rate Member

posted November 24, 2002 20:57      Profile for genius83   Email genius83   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
just thought i'd announce my arrival - cos i'm self-concieted...
just joking! another n00b for the sacraficial altar! i was on DAC for a while, but i got bored of that, so here i am. hey, everybody.
now, time to talk some fallout...

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted November 25, 2002 02:23      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
lol, welcome to StGFC, we talk a lotta crap here, but that just provides interesting breaks between talking Fallout

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Posts: 950 | From: Perth West Australia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 25, 2002 03:57      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yeah, welcome! It's always nice to have another new member!

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
genius83
Outsider
Member # 91

Rate Member

posted November 25, 2002 13:54      Profile for genius83   Email genius83   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i've been meaning to ask someone this question for ages, so i'll ask it now...
is there any way of playing fallout2 online? i heard from a few friends that you could, but i'm not too sure, since nobody else talks about it, and i've never played it online myslef.

jello
Wandering Hero
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted November 25, 2002 13:55      Profile for jello   Email jello   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hello, and welcome to the STGFC. hmmm... I wonder what kind of community we are here... I mean, are we a vault? are we a ghoul community? are we some cult followers? or are we a Brotherhood of Copper(copper, internet, get it?...)?....

Well, after that Mega Blague(blague mean joke in french) of mine, I shall say: welcome to the STGFC!!

(ok, i've been sick all day long, does it show?)

--------------------

jump on her and demand sex!

Posts: 399 | From: montreal | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
jello
Wandering Hero
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted November 25, 2002 14:14      Profile for jello   Email jello   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
to your question(that's gonna be fun):

You need a few things first.
1- phone
2- Flinstones vitamin pills
3- healthy dose of nerdness.

You call your friend who accepts to play you at an immersing game of "fallout 2 -- online home edition". You don't need a computer actually... ok, i'll stop now.

No really, Playing fallout 2 online would be impossible(according to my logic), even with hacks or emulation or whatnot. Because the core of the game itself is singleplayer. All the code is meant to be ran single player.

Let's say you're playing with your friend right?(and you've got the flinstone pills on the side just to increase realism) Well, let's say you're in a map, and then you're talking to someone. So like, you won't have anymore interactions with the outside world(which doesn't exist anyway, when u talk to someone).

Just think about it man.

--------------------

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 25, 2002 15:00      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
I rather not contemplate it that much, jello. But no, you can't play Fallout 2 online at all (unfortunately). Tactics, though, can be played online.

As for the type of community that we are, I never gave it much thought besides a bunch of people with a common interest in Fallout.

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted November 26, 2002 05:52      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
We would definately be ghouls, we are all depraved, twisted individuals, all we are missing are the jokes about missing limbs and scabs

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Posts: 950 | From: Perth West Australia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
jello
Wandering Hero
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted November 26, 2002 08:38      Profile for jello   Email jello   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
yeah, just tryin to be nerdy here...

I'd say from the look of the site, we are a ghoul community.

--------------------

genius83
Outsider
Member # 91

Rate Member

posted November 27, 2002 08:37      Profile for genius83   Email genius83   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i think i'd rather be sodomised by a broom-handle than ever put a copy of fallout tactics anywhere near my machine...
*gag*

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 27, 2002 11:01      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
heheheheheheh, Tactics isn't that bad, as long as you save about every five minutes

Heero Yuy
Vault Champion
Member # 8

Member Rated:

posted December 27, 2002 18:16      Profile for Heero Yuy   Email Heero Yuy   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Nah! Tactics is the bomb! When I played it I put in on the mode where you can only save at a Botherhood bunker!

--------------------

"I'll give you just one piece of advice... Dying hurts like hell." - Heero Yuy

Posts: 937 | From: Classified | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
FALLOUTGOD
Wandering Hero
Member # 94

Member Rated:

posted December 28, 2002 00:19      Profile for FALLOUTGOD   Email FALLOUTGOD   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 161401573   
Hey another guy wirh a psycho looking avatar! Sweet! Um... yeah... soooooo when are we guna get together for that d2 game, maybe a fallout tactics game?... boring night... boring boring... playing warcraft III on the orc mission... guess the elves are next... graphics are all chunky... and my dog bit this monkey... ir's ok it was stuffed... *needs sleep bad*

--------------------

xcuse me while i kill my self
blow my brain across the wall
fuck you all, how do you do
fuck me? fuck you too
and now i end this all

xcuse me while...... i kill my seeeeeeeeeeeeeelf

Posts: 389 | From: some-place-near-hell | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 28, 2002 09:32      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
We'll figure something out. Lastnight I was busy, today I'm gonna be gone, tomorrow I work, Monday I don't know, Tuesday I celebrate New Years Eve, Wednesday I recover, Thursday & Friday I have school.

So I don't know.

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted December 28, 2002 19:44      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Monday will be fine with me.

Posts: 2150 | From: Sconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
jello
Wandering Hero
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted December 29, 2002 08:05      Profile for jello   Email jello   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
let's play unreal!

--------------------

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 29, 2002 08:20      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
That would work, but I don't have it.

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted December 29, 2002 16:01      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
I don't have it either!

FALLOUTGOD
Wandering Hero
Member # 94

Member Rated:

posted December 29, 2002 17:17      Profile for FALLOUTGOD   Email FALLOUTGOD   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 161401573   
me three! so monday it is... when is monday?

--------------------

fuck me? fuck you too
and now i end this all

Knight_Wolf
Wandering Champion
Member # 92

Member Rated:

posted December 29, 2002 17:42      Profile for Knight_Wolf   Author's Homepage   Email Knight_Wolf   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 1477479369   
What are ya all gonna play?

--------------------

If a man in a purple robe was crossing a bridge but snaps as he falls to his death and nobody is there to hear does he make a noise?

Posts: 179 | From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 29, 2002 21:51      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Diablo 2!

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted December 29, 2002 21:56      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Sunday would be tomorrow, the um...30? Yeah, the 30th!

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 29, 2002 22:12      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Don't you mean Monday?

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted December 29, 2002 22:53      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
YES! I mean, MONDAY THE 30th!

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 30, 2002 09:12      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Actually, I don't know what time would really work good for me. I guess maybe the afternoon, if I'm actually home. Wednesday could work, even if I am hungover. Plus, it would give us a few days to plan it out actually.

Knight_Wolf
Wandering Champion
Member # 92

Member Rated:

posted December 30, 2002 16:21      Profile for Knight_Wolf   Author's Homepage   Email Knight_Wolf   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 1477479369   
Is it gonna be Diablo 2 or the expansion? [Shrug]
Anyway I got both of dem even though my guy sucks.......

--------------------

If a man in a purple robe was crossing a bridge but snaps as he falls to his death and nobody is there to hear does he make a noise?

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted December 30, 2002 19:54      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
It doesn't really matter to me. I have both of them also!

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 31, 2002 09:06      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Probably regular, because I don't think FG has the expansion.

Knight_Wolf
Wandering Champion
Member # 92

Member Rated:

posted December 31, 2002 14:37      Profile for Knight_Wolf   Author's Homepage   Email Knight_Wolf   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 1477479369   
Regular it is.....
now when are we all gonna play...

--------------------

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 31, 2002 14:44      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Tomorrow sometime, if it all works out.

For those of you who have ICQ, just message me on there. Then, we can start a game and post the name and password on the forums....

Or maybe something like that.

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted December 31, 2002 14:49      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
It might work out alright. We just need to know what time zone you all are in. I know me and Scotty are in CDT or -6:00 GMT. We need to know that so we can all be on at the same time.

Regular is fine with me. I'll just have to create a new account.

Knight_Wolf
Wandering Champion
Member # 92

Member Rated:

posted December 31, 2002 15:08      Profile for Knight_Wolf   Author's Homepage   Email Knight_Wolf   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 1477479369   
Im in da Alaskan time zone -10:00

[ December 31, 2002: Message edited by: Knight_Wolf ]

--------------------

FALLOUTGOD
Wandering Hero
Member # 94

Member Rated:

posted January 01, 2003 06:28      Profile for FALLOUTGOD   Email FALLOUTGOD   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 161401573   
I live in Texas... go figure... and um... account name is FALLOUTGOD! and most used char is Ezikeo and he is a necro... (just started last night)

--------------------

fuck me? fuck you too
and now i end this all

FALLOUTGOD
Wandering Hero
Member # 94

Member Rated:

posted January 02, 2003 07:49      Profile for FALLOUTGOD   Email FALLOUTGOD   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 161401573   
Ok I was playing in this game and found this wolf head and it looked good for this level 5 noob who was in the game so I offerd it to him and then he comes back with all these lvl 99 chars and gives me awsome necro stuff and there aint a slot left in my invetory or my cube or my chest and if annyone here has sojs to trade... contact me becuse I need some freaking space soon... and I can't get a mule coz I don't got no friends on there

--------------------

fuck me? fuck you too
and now i end this all

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted January 02, 2003 16:12      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Don't go on with that character when we play, FG. That's the kind of stuff I don't really like: when you get handed everything.

Also, we need to set up a date that is further in the future and actually has potential to work. These other ones were too last-minute, really.

All times are Central Time
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community