my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » StGFC Forums   » Fallout 2   » A new start (for swinging shoes)

Printable Version
Author Topic: A new start (for swinging shoes)
Capt. Primus Pierce
Outsider
Member # 106

Rate Member

posted February 15, 2003 06:51      Profile for Capt. Primus Pierce   Email Capt. Primus Pierce   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hello there, I need a word of confirmation about restarting or not my Fallout 2 game...
It's a dead and buried question, but I strongly need and answer, since I couldn't find and solve my doubts anywhere.
Got the UK 1.01 version, played for 2 weeks,
then I patched it up and downloaded the damn savegames converter, just to find it only works with the 1.00 saves. Where can I find an utility to make my saves playable, assuming it exists (urgh...)?

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted February 15, 2003 09:41      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Wow, that's the living definition of irony! Either that, or dejavu.

Er, what I mean is someone just asked that same question a few days ago. The two things you can probably do is either restart the game like the other guy did, or you could try re-installing it so the game would be v1.01 again and seeing if the saved games would work then. However, you would have to put up with the annoying bugs that were in the game at that point, plus I can't gaurantee it would work.

And if you wanted, you could always start over and use Falche so you would be able to get to where you were relatively quickly.

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
FALLOUTGOD
Wandering Hero
Member # 94

Member Rated:

posted February 15, 2003 11:28      Profile for FALLOUTGOD   Email FALLOUTGOD   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 161401573   
Maybe it's the same guy but he just wants attentions or someone is trying to make it seem like people are going to this site. I don't know... n/m

--------------------

xcuse me while i kill my self
blow my brain across the wall
fuck you all, how do you do
fuck me? fuck you too
and now i end this all

xcuse me while...... i kill my seeeeeeeeeeeeeelf

Posts: 389 | From: some-place-near-hell | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted February 15, 2003 21:17      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
lol I dunno, my copy of Fallout has always functioned perfectly so im not sure. lol Except for that car boot thing in fallout 2 with the hovering trunk and no car, but that happens to everyone right?

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Posts: 950 | From: Perth West Australia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted February 15, 2003 22:04      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Not if you have the patch

FALLOUTGOD
Wandering Hero
Member # 94

Member Rated:

posted February 15, 2003 22:44      Profile for FALLOUTGOD   Email FALLOUTGOD   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 161401573   
Yeah! But that car color changer thing does not work! Who wants to hear about the map editor I might post about it if you guys feel like translating my ancestral russian language and using a fallout map editor made by russians.

--------------------

xcuse me while i kill my self
blow my brain across the wall
fuck you all, how do you do
fuck me? fuck you too
and now i end this all

xcuse me while...... i kill my seeeeeeeeeeeeeelf

Posts: 389 | From: some-place-near-hell | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted February 16, 2003 10:11      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Couldn't you just translate it?

And I'll take a look at the car-mod.

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted February 16, 2003 10:27      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
It works fine for me, and here's da proof:

I just installed FAME and used that to apply the patch. Then I went into Fallout 2, and w00t da b00t my car was black!

Knight_Wolf
Wandering Champion
Member # 92

Member Rated:

posted February 16, 2003 23:46      Profile for Knight_Wolf   Author's Homepage   Email Knight_Wolf   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 1477479369   
hahahaha thats pretty cool does it do any other colors?

--------------------

If a man in a purple robe was crossing a bridge but snaps as he falls to his death and nobody is there to hear does he make a noise?

Posts: 179 | From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted February 17, 2003 15:38      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
I dunno for sure, but I don't think so. I'll look into it.

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted February 17, 2003 15:51      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Ok, there is a rusty car option as well:

There isn't any other colors, though. I'm sure one could create other colors for it, providing they had the time, knowledge, and resources.

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted February 17, 2003 23:24      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
lol the rusty one reminds me of my friends 79' Gemini, im always afraid it'll disintegrate if I breath too hard on it

Thats a pretty cool patch, I might start up the old Fallout and give it a whizz.

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Knight_Wolf
Wandering Champion
Member # 92

Member Rated:

posted February 18, 2003 17:34      Profile for Knight_Wolf   Author's Homepage   Email Knight_Wolf   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 1477479369   
Hehe that is still pretty neat I could imagine being in the wasteland and have that black car zoom by me....I would be afraid to leave the car and come back and it being gone lol

--------------------

If a man in a purple robe was crossing a bridge but snaps as he falls to his death and nobody is there to hear does he make a noise?

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted February 18, 2003 18:00      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
lol, yeah, kind of like in New Reno [Smoking]

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted February 19, 2003 04:49      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
New Reno is the coolest place next to Vault City (love that music!) in my opinion. All those prostitutes, what fun!

--------------------

- Nietzsche

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted February 19, 2003 06:54      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yeah, well, one of my favorite places is Redding. I just like killing all the wanamingos there.

Knight_Wolf
Wandering Champion
Member # 92

Member Rated:

posted February 19, 2003 17:34      Profile for Knight_Wolf   Author's Homepage   Email Knight_Wolf   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 1477479369   
o Well I dont see the fun in that I hated that always took forever..

--------------------

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted February 19, 2003 19:09      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Well, I always did that after getting really good armor and weapons. So then I can just go there and kick major butt!

It's pretty fun then

All times are Central Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community