my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » StGFC Forums   » Fallout 2   » I need HELP! (Page 1)

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Printable Version
Author Topic: I need HELP!
Azreal
Outsider
Member # 119

Rate Member

posted June 12, 2003 02:05      Profile for Azreal   Author's Homepage   Email Azreal   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
hello, i must not be all that smart, whenever I go into the hubologists place, or in the shi place, when i talk to a guy, all the force fields turn on, and I cant do anything. Also, how do you view the holodisks?

--------------------

Hey look, a dark alley...........

Posts: 6 | From: NCR | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
FALLOUTGOD
Wandering Hero
Member # 94

Member Rated:

posted June 12, 2003 17:14      Profile for FALLOUTGOD   Email FALLOUTGOD   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 161401573   
um I think you have to talk to the doc up on top of the hobologists place... the one working with the ship and see what you can do and then go down and they will let you in and try to get you to join and stuff... as for the holodisk all you do is go in your invitory and use them which just puts them up higher on the list and thats how you know you dled the info, then you go into your pip boy and veiw the file you dled from the holodisk

--------------------

xcuse me while i kill my self
blow my brain across the wall
fuck you all, how do you do
fuck me? fuck you too
and now i end this all

xcuse me while...... i kill my seeeeeeeeeeeeeelf

Posts: 389 | From: some-place-near-hell | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Azreal
Outsider
Member # 119

Rate Member

posted June 13, 2003 16:28      Profile for Azreal   Author's Homepage   Email Azreal   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
Well, i am in the hubologists place and I talked to the AHS-9 or whatever, and when u go to get out, there are three of them turned on. I cant get out. Ive tried everything.

--------------------

FALLOUTGOD
Wandering Hero
Member # 94

Member Rated:

posted June 13, 2003 17:48      Profile for FALLOUTGOD   Email FALLOUTGOD   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 161401573   
uh... did you try asking the guards to let you through? if all else fails blow your way out with bombs

--------------------

fuck me? fuck you too
and now i end this all

Azreal
Outsider
Member # 119

Rate Member

posted June 14, 2003 02:22      Profile for Azreal   Author's Homepage   Email Azreal   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
Well, there are no guards around. all they say, (the ones in the rooms closest that i can get to.)is Consume and things like that. I didnt know that u could blow the forcefields. Plus i dont have a bomb. THIS SUX!

--------------------

Azreal
Outsider
Member # 119

Rate Member

posted June 14, 2003 03:41      Profile for Azreal   Author's Homepage   Email Azreal   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
well i found the bombs worked. now how do i turn the open the door for the fob thingy down the stairs in the ship? whats the magnetic key thingy?

--------------------

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted June 14, 2003 11:40      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Basically you just have to use the fob on the door (right click so you get an arrow cursor, move cursor over door, left click and hold down mouse button so a little menu thing appears, scroll down and select the icon that looks like a bag, and then select the fob from your inventory). And in case you haven't figured this out yet, the Fob is in Navarro.

Hmm, as for the magnetic key, I'm not completely sure. I haven't played F2 in a while, so my memory is a little rusty. Maybe someone else knows.

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
FALLOUTGOD
Wandering Hero
Member # 94

Member Rated:

posted June 14, 2003 18:25      Profile for FALLOUTGOD   Email FALLOUTGOD   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 161401573   
I think the FOB is the magnetic key from what I recall...

--------------------

fuck me? fuck you too
and now i end this all

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted June 15, 2003 23:14      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Yeah I think they might be the same thing..its weird, when i went to Navarro on one of my games I couldn't get anyone to give me a clearance form for the fob key...I think I pretty much tried everything...then I reverted to an older save game and did it again and it worked fine....the weird and wacky world of Fallout Bugs..it never gets old (or less annoying)

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Posts: 950 | From: Perth West Australia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted June 16, 2003 05:58      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
Its not sure its a bug.
Your char might have been not charismatic enuogh,or speaker enough to fool the guards,thats what it takes.

--------------------

No one is perfect

Posts: 756 | From: Israel | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
FALLOUTGOD
Wandering Hero
Member # 94

Member Rated:

posted June 16, 2003 10:57      Profile for FALLOUTGOD   Email FALLOUTGOD   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 161401573   
yes, that is possible, the fallout game system is quite complex in that area... it is hard to say if anyone has really uncoverd much of the game if any of it at all, it is diffrent for each player... it is like living life through a diffrent persons prespective depending on your charachters attributes, a dumb strong person may have an easy time kicking ass but a hard time getting much of the plot and getting all of the strange and unsual quests, however a person that is not strong and with a very intellegent char might have a hard time doing quests that require combat skills but will easily talk their way out of most things... I hope what I said makes sense to someone because it's not making sense to me but something is telling me I'm on the right track if not close at least

--------------------

fuck me? fuck you too
and now i end this all

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted June 16, 2003 14:05      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
u r quiet right,but love 2 play with the smart strong person.

--------------------

No one is perfect

Posts: 756 | From: Israel | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted June 17, 2003 10:39      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Well how come it worked the second time I did it...it was exactly the same character!

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted June 17, 2003 12:02      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
It could easily be a result of something you did or didn't do the second time around. Unless you copied your steps exactly, it's sort of hard to say.

Azreal
Outsider
Member # 119

Rate Member

posted June 18, 2003 04:37      Profile for Azreal   Author's Homepage   Email Azreal   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
well, i found it. its on the floor where the deathclaw is. There were no guards to talk to. I killed them all. really boring fight. i have another question, when u go to fix the mine in Broken hills, or whatever its called, the place where marcus is, where is the piece in new reno? ohh and ive had marcus one time, but i forgot how to get him again? what should i do?

--------------------

FALLOUTGOD
Wandering Hero
Member # 94

Member Rated:

posted June 18, 2003 10:45      Profile for FALLOUTGOD   Email FALLOUTGOD   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 161401573   
you should shoot your self... WITH A ROCKET LUNCHER! MUAHAHAHA .... er I got put on exxeron ex or something last night, like 75 mgs of that stuff everyday... and I drank some beer.. and lets just say I can feel fizzling in my brain and my pupils are so dialated right now I can't see the iris... do not mix anti-depressents with alchohol... it hurts, and I got really bad cotton mouth too

--------------------

fuck me? fuck you too
and now i end this all

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted June 18, 2003 11:00      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
I think you get the part from Renesco in the West Part of New Reno. And to get Marcus you need to solve the killings by finding the bodies in the caves under the town...there might be something else you need to do...cant remember.

--------------------

- Nietzsche

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted June 19, 2003 01:09      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
I think you might have to fix the mine first as well. I'm not sure, though.

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted June 21, 2003 05:34      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Yeah u might be right dere' Scotty.

--------------------

- Nietzsche

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted June 21, 2003 11:23      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
I'm pretty sure Scotty and Slurry pieced it together correctly there.

Posts: 2150 | From: Sconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Azreal
Outsider
Member # 119

Rate Member

posted June 22, 2003 03:07      Profile for Azreal   Author's Homepage   Email Azreal   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
OK, whats the part called that you have to have to fix the thing in the cave?

P.S. I like the new layout. looks good.

[ June 22, 2003: Message edited by: Azreal ]

--------------------

FALLOUTGOD
Wandering Hero
Member # 94

Member Rated:

posted June 22, 2003 05:05      Profile for FALLOUTGOD   Email FALLOUTGOD   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 161401573   
um... don't ask us all the bloody details, and as I recall there is no significanse in knowing what it's called. You simply go to that Rensco guy in New Reno and it will give a dialogue option to request the part if you have the quest.

--------------------

fuck me? fuck you too
and now i end this all

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted June 22, 2003 13:52      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
First off, thanks! As to answer your question, as far as I remember the parts were just referred to as 'mine parts'. I could be wrong, though, but I don't remember them having a real technical name. Anyways, you're supposed to use the parts to fix the purifier in the mine.

PS: FG, even though the detail of what the parts are called isn't a necessity, could you at least try to be a little less offensive?

FALLOUTGOD
Wandering Hero
Member # 94

Member Rated:

posted June 23, 2003 16:24      Profile for FALLOUTGOD   Email FALLOUTGOD   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 161401573   
Er... Sorry Scotty but his questions were getting very odd and awkquard plus I'm trying to adjust my new meds for my depssion. I'll try to keep it down and not explode on annyone, [Depressed] ... so far however my meds made me edgy and tired... stupid effexor... well in any case I don't think I am even sure what parts he was reffering to... but the parts for the mines in redding was my guess.

--------------------

fuck me? fuck you too
and now i end this all

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted June 24, 2003 00:10      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
I guess I can understand then if it was because of the meds, but still try to not let it happen again. And yeah, he was referring to the Redding parts.

PS: Azreal, I did check out those sites you sent me last night; track me down on MSN sometime and I'll tell you what I thought. Otherwise, I can just e-mail you. It's up to you.

FALLOUTGOD
Wandering Hero
Member # 94

Member Rated:

posted June 24, 2003 17:40      Profile for FALLOUTGOD   Email FALLOUTGOD   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 161401573   
Ah, I don't wana use them as en excuse for my actions. I'm usually more in control even when I'm drunk. If I do start to act strange just tell me, like if I get annoying unintentionally by just being overlly obnoxious and odd or something. I don't mean to offend anyone but it's like the white stripes song some days... no matter what I do or say I offend in every way... I'm sure you know the feeling too. As for redding I do think the part had a name, but like I said before it don't matter. Azreal don't get scared off by me, I diden't mean anything by what I said. I hope I diden't offend j00, did I?

--------------------

fuck me? fuck you too
and now i end this all

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted June 24, 2003 23:29      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Im sure you won't scare Azreal off that easily FG, but like Scotty said we have to be nice to everyone. We don't want a repeat of the whole Killorlive Ace thing.

--------------------

- Nietzsche

FALLOUTGOD
Wandering Hero
Member # 94

Member Rated:

posted June 25, 2003 08:55      Profile for FALLOUTGOD   Email FALLOUTGOD   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 161401573   
hehe killoralive was the most concieted asshole I knew besides rob

--------------------

fuck me? fuck you too
and now i end this all

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted June 25, 2003 19:33      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
heheheheheheh, yeah, back when the entire damned community went into mutiny, the forums were nothing but a flame staging ground, everyone hated everyone else......... ahh, nostalgia.

But then again, those times are long gone *whew*

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted June 25, 2003 19:46      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
*whispers to FG and Slurry* Lets get the flaming grounds back here! It was funny as all hell when we were all at war with each other. I mean, back then, we actually had all the members getting involved. It might get some of the others to stay around!

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted June 25, 2003 20:03      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Quiet Stapes. Don't make me put mandatory choke collars on all of the Proconsul again

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted June 25, 2003 22:14      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
I think conceited is a gross understatement, he had delusions of his own importance so big it nearly blew up hte forums, there just wasn't enough room for that much ego.

Remember Stapes, carefull what u wish for, that would bring back the gay jokes!! jk

--------------------

- Nietzsche

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted June 25, 2003 23:03      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Choke collars again? I never remembered even wearing one. *thinks to self* Oh yeah, I cut mine off within a few seconds of getting out of sight of Scotty!

I don't care, bring back the gay jokes. I'll just have to have my girlfriend register and tell you that I'm not gay! YES, YOU HEARD ME RIGHT! GIRLFRIEND, not boyfriend!

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted June 26, 2003 01:02      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
heheheheh, let's not even talk about that. That's all behind us, exactly where it belongs and deserves to stay.

FALLOUTGOD
Wandering Hero
Member # 94

Member Rated:

posted June 26, 2003 10:10      Profile for FALLOUTGOD   Email FALLOUTGOD   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 161401573   
Eh what was that stapes? Did j00 say j00 have a boyfriend?

--------------------

fuck me? fuck you too
and now i end this all

All times are Central Time
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community