my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » StGFC Forums   » Fallout 2   » Me Wantee fallout (Page 1)

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Me Wantee fallout
Neo Java
Wanderer
Member # 125

Rate Member

posted August 28, 2003 00:28      Profile for Neo Java   Email Neo Java   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hello
I love the Fallout games but i cant find fallout 2 anywhere. Cold any 1 help.

--------------------

Neo Java

Posts: 63 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted August 28, 2003 00:38      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Hello, and welcome to StGFC.

As for Fallout 2, I would try e-Bay, or try finding it at a local game store. There are places around Wisconsin that have Fallout 1 and 2 in a kit, for only about $10.

Posts: 2150 | From: Sconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Neo Java
Wanderer
Member # 125

Rate Member

posted August 28, 2003 00:43      Profile for Neo Java   Email Neo Java   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
But i live in Victoria Australia and i cant use
Ebay

--------------------

Neo Java

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted August 28, 2003 00:44      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Why can't you use e-Bay? I thought that you could use e-bay anywhere. Otherwise you could always try downloading the game from Kazaa.

Neo Java
Wanderer
Member # 125

Rate Member

posted August 28, 2003 00:47      Profile for Neo Java   Email Neo Java   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
For starters u have to be over 18

Wanna talk fallout

--------------------

Neo Java

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted August 28, 2003 01:04      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Don't you have a parent that would be willing to pay for it, as long as you pay them back? I know that my mom or dad would buy me something from e-bay as long as I would pay them back.

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted August 28, 2003 11:42      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
*clears throat* So maybe I wasn't the first to say the official welcome, but it'll be okay.

Here, F2 can be found in almost any store that sells computer games. The same goes for F1. But if you looked around and can't find it, I would say your best bet would be looking on the Interplay web site. Besides ordering online, I don't know what other alternatives you would have. Like Stapes said though, you could use a file-sharing program and try downloading it. Or if you know someone that has it you could borrow their disk and install using the humongous installation size.

Hm, hope that helps.

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted August 30, 2003 07:02      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
m8888888888888!!! Thats just what we need, more Aussies!

Perhaps I can help you with some country specific advice....hmmm....well most good gaming stores have platinum F2 for fifteen dollars AU or so...don't bother with department stores..they are useless...they still publish it so if you get desperate you could always get them to order it for you!

Thats probably completely useless but hey its worth a try..

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Posts: 950 | From: Perth West Australia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Neo Java
Wanderer
Member # 125

Rate Member

posted August 31, 2003 22:48      Profile for Neo Java   Email Neo Java   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes but what is a good gaming store.
I need a name.

--------------------

Neo Java

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted September 05, 2003 10:11      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
U can find a working copy on kazaa.
Thats what I did,twice.

--------------------

No one is perfect

Posts: 756 | From: Israel | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
rad-x
Vault Citizen
Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted September 06, 2003 03:30      Profile for rad-x     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hold me back Scotty! Hold me back!

--------------------

As I gaze up at the night sky in my own fair time, I look back down and see the devastation. This post-nuclear world. It's terrible. But at least we got Nuka-Cola, warm and flat, the drink of the post-apocalyptic civiliztion. Generation Next!

Posts: 466 | From: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted September 06, 2003 13:14      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
What the hell rad? What did one of them say to piss you off?

rad-x
Vault Citizen
Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted September 07, 2003 02:35      Profile for rad-x     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was just kidding - I pretend to get annoyed when someone doesn't buy Fallout 2! We could have done with one more statistic if you know what I mean!

I'm really fine with it. I understand if you can't buy it anywhere etc. [Cool]

--------------------

As I gaze up at the night sky in my own fair time, I look back down and see the devastation. This post-nuclear world. It's terrible. But at least we got Nuka-Cola, warm and flat, the drink of the post-apocalyptic civiliztion. Generation Next!

Posts: 466 | From: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted September 07, 2003 16:11      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
I agree; Fallout and Fallout 2 should be available anywhere. Tactics and Brotherhood of Steel (when it is released) should both be located somewhere in hell that is only reachable by crossing the river Styx. Anyone who actually makes that journey and returns with either of of those games should be shot on spot

But F1 & 2 should be everywhere.

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted September 08, 2003 07:34      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
Well it isnt here anymore.

But i once bought a burnt copy of F2.
So it should make my punishment lighter....

--------------------

No one is perfect

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted September 09, 2003 06:55      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Well the main major gaming chain is Electronics boutique...but there are lots of privately owned gaming stores out there.

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted September 10, 2003 12:02      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
Look man,i live in israel.
The problem here is that after a year or 2 u cant find the game in stores anymore.
Only the new games are there.
Besides,its very expensive here.
sometimes a single game can cost more than 60$.

--------------------

No one is perfect

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted September 10, 2003 12:42      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Same here if you buy it right away. However, it usually works best to buy the game after about a year as it is about half the price then. Plus, by then you probably have heard all the reviews so you know whether or not it is even worth your time.

But here, you can still find games that are ages old in most stores, including Fallout, Diablo, and Warcraft II.

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted September 11, 2003 07:20      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Same here Scotty. They also have Starcraft (waits for scotty to hiss and recoil)...which proves there is something good about it

--------------------

- Nietzsche

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted September 11, 2003 08:14      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
*hisses and recoils* Another explanation for the game still being found is not because it's a good game but rather a horrible one. Think about it: What if the copies on the shelf are from 1998 and still haven't been sold? [Tongue Job 1]

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted September 12, 2003 12:00      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
Ouch,That gotta hurt ,isnt it?!
ha ha.good 1 Scotty!,I still think Starcaft is a good 4 nothin,worthless,unoriginal piece of shit.

No offence to the misrable starcraft fans around the world...

--------------------

No one is perfect

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted September 12, 2003 12:35      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
heheheheheheh, Slurry, looks like you are in the minority on Starcraft

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted September 12, 2003 13:35      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Two words from Stapes: STARCRAFT SUCKS!

Jim
Wandering Hero
Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted September 18, 2003 10:44      Profile for Jim   Email Jim   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191605699
Hey guys does anyone of you know a website link where I can download some Fallout 2 mods easily?

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Gauss:
Look whos talking,the least posting member of the community.

Posts: 243 | From: Greece | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted September 18, 2003 11:53      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Well, there are some on the F2 Downloads page of this site. Otherwise, there is always No Mutants Allowed, which has a ton of mod downloads.

Neo Java
Wanderer
Member # 125

Rate Member

posted September 18, 2003 19:57      Profile for Neo Java   Email Neo Java   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes i checked electronics boutice before but they say they dont have.

Maybe i canask them to order it but will it cost more.

--------------------

Neo Java

Neo
Wanderer
Member # 124

Rate Member

posted September 18, 2003 20:19      Profile for Neo   Email Neo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
yeah you could but i doubt they will order it

--------------------

Neo

Posts: 68 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted September 19, 2003 10:28      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Well they do still make it, so its possible.

lol I never said Starcraft was original, its a horribly cliche'd game...but so is Warcraft..somebody at Blizzard was reading too much Tolkien for sure....Elves and Orcs are so blaaah

I just like the 'Craft' system, the way it works, there is something richer about it than C&C...i mean c'mon its not so different from Warcraft, they just grafted it onto futuristic instead of fantasy.

--------------------

- Nietzsche

Jim
Wandering Hero
Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted September 19, 2003 11:46      Profile for Jim   Email Jim   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191605699
Thank you Scoty about the sites.I also found a program that is called FAME it allows you to use fallout 2 mods.You could put for downloading in your site too!!!.

--------------------

quote:

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted September 19, 2003 11:54      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
Its already here.

--------------------

No one is perfect

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted September 19, 2003 12:45      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Warcraft was out way before Starcraft, therefore, Starcraft is just a rip-off of Warcraft!

Yeah, FAME is on the site. It is under the Car Mod in the Fallout 2 Downloads.

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted September 19, 2003 12:49      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yup. Plus there are a few things I want to eventually add to the download sections, but that isn't on the top of the priority list right now.

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted September 19, 2003 13:08      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
First you should update it. All of the NMA links don't work. They take you to a telefragged screen, saying that there was a 404 error.

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted September 19, 2003 13:52      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
I tried it, and it worked for me to a certain extent. I clicked the link on the file and taken to another page. Then I had to click on the link to download the actual file, and a pop-up window would open that would say something like:
Position in queu: 167.
Waiting time: 38 minutes.

So apparently there are 166 people in front of me to download a file from the server before me, and I would have to wait for 38 minutes to get the file. What a waste of time, but I decided to put up with it. Ten minutes later, my position in the queu decreased and waiting time increased. What the hell? I really hate the setup for the downloads that NMA is using right now. It seems that all of the files are hosted by a different site, and that site hosts a large number of files for a large number of games. Also, in order not to bog down the server, the number of people that can download at a given time is limited. So, if you want a file, you'll have to wait a while for it. And wait. And wait, and hope your position in the queu gets higher.

Ok, that's my interpretation of it. I may be wrong on some things; I just took a quick look at it last night/this morning and that was the hasty conclusion I made. Anyone know if it's completely accurate?

Jim
Wandering Hero
Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted September 19, 2003 13:54      Profile for Jim   Email Jim   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191605699
I have downloaded a mod that allows you to find frank horrigan's armor st Klamath.Does anyone of you know where is that armor?

--------------------

quote:

All times are Central Time
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community