my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » StGFC Forums   » Fallout 2   » Horrigan's armor (Page 2)

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Horrigan's armor
CaliberOnzo
Wandering Hero
Member # 136

Member Rated:

posted November 15, 2003 13:58      Profile for CaliberOnzo   Author's Homepage   Email CaliberOnzo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 163194783   
quote:
Originally posted by Gauss Bumper:
Thats actualy a waste of money..u know 512 is just fine for everything nowadays..

That's what i've been trying to say. Why take more then you need? So you have a better machine then others? Nah that's just a whimpy reason.

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Ratty:
You're now the official lazy-ass of the Order.

Posts: 313 | From: Netherlands, Woerden | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted November 16, 2003 06:45      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
lol, i didnt mean right now, i meant in a while.

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Posts: 950 | From: Perth West Australia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 16, 2003 12:37      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
lol, I can get up to three gigs of RAM in my machine. But that doesn't mean I'm gonna do it. I'm perfectly satisfied with my 1.5 right now (sure, may be a bit much, but I got a really good deal on it at the time, so I figured 'what the hell?')

BTW, this Christmas I'm planning to upgrade my graphics card. I'm thinkin' about a GeForce FX, but haven't decided yet. Hm, maybe I'll create a topic in the Community forum for input.

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Danoth Dragon God
Wandering Hero
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted November 17, 2003 10:46      Profile for Danoth Dragon God   Email Danoth Dragon God   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
Scotty, Go Radeon.... the 9800 128 is the minimum to run Half-Life 2 at maximum Graphics... Delicious graphical goodness... Im upgrading to radeon 9800 256mb... And ram is not needed above 512 and DDR is better. After all, DDR means Double Data Rate. my cousin had 700mb of SD and my 512 was better

--------------------

HAHAHAHA! Your lord of chaos has come, feel my wrath and tremble!!! For the Earth will burn with a fiery light and be purifyed and the corruption of the light will be cleansed with darkness

Posts: 259 | From: Windsor, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
CaliberOnzo
Wandering Hero
Member # 136

Member Rated:

posted November 18, 2003 04:00      Profile for CaliberOnzo   Author's Homepage   Email CaliberOnzo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 163194783   
Hey,

Lol I was against the overdoing with RAM memory and now we kinda overdone it We have 768 DDR now my brother got free memory from his work and we're gonna get a new free hard disk as well Don't know how much it is though.

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Ratty:
You're now the official lazy-ass of the Order.

Posts: 313 | From: Netherlands, Woerden | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 18, 2003 08:06      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Still, free is good. And I'll probably make a topic somewhere about graphic cards when I get closer to buying one (probably in a month or so) so I can hear everyone's suggestions then. For the timebeing, though, I will look into Radeon.

Danoth Dragon God
Wandering Hero
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted November 18, 2003 10:46      Profile for Danoth Dragon God   Email Danoth Dragon God   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
Truely a decisive decision...

JK
The only problem I have been able to find with radeons is price, 9800 are really expnesive, though likely to get cheaper for the holiday season. [Cool] no matter what religion or lack thereof you beleive in, cheap computer stuff is cool!

--------------------

HAHAHAHA! Your lord of chaos has come, feel my wrath and tremble!!! For the Earth will burn with a fiery light and be purifyed and the corruption of the light will be cleansed with darkness

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 18, 2003 13:55      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
I know. That's part of the reason I'm waiting around for a while; hopefully prices will drop.

And I'm a sucker for good deals on computer parts. If it's junk, it's not worth it, but if I see a price on something good, I'll more than likely buy it even if I don't need it. *sigh*

Danoth Dragon God
Wandering Hero
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted November 18, 2003 14:20      Profile for Danoth Dragon God   Email Danoth Dragon God   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
Ahhh....
I have a very similar problem... Something looks too good a price to be true and I really want it but I dont actually need it. But I always end up buying it anyway... I hate it when that happens. Especially because im usually saving for something applying to a completly different criteria, like buying a video card for a very good price when Im saving up for a processor. Plus i dont have a job... Life sucks for the mostpart... [Depressed]

--------------------

Jim
Wandering Hero
Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted November 19, 2003 06:27      Profile for Jim   Email Jim   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191605699
I almost do the same Scotty

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Gauss:
Look whos talking,the least posting member of the community.

Posts: 243 | From: Greece | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Danoth Dragon God
Wandering Hero
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted November 20, 2003 15:45      Profile for Danoth Dragon God   Email Danoth Dragon God   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
Mabye its just me, but by the looks of it at least 3 people who play fallout have good price problems. It looks to me like fallout causes bargin buying obsessions... Thats kinda funny...

--------------------

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 20, 2003 22:22      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Interesting indeed. However, since I don't have a job right now, I have had to pass up some good deals.

Plus, this one spiffy place that always had great deals on computer parts by my home town has closed. *sigh*

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted November 21, 2003 06:01      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Well for christmas im thinking of getting a DVD burner, they are only $250 bucks oz now (about 3/4 of that number US). But i have a dilemma and i need u guys to give me advice.
I remember with CD burners when they first came out the early ones were real slow and expensive and fragged up the CD a lot because they didn't have decent buffer underrun protection. Then they got cheap and good and efficient and everyone i know who got them early was annoyed. Am i going to be faced with that shit with a DVD burner? Will i look back in a year and curse myself because i missed out on getting it cheaper, better and faster?

Im sure that made no sense but yeah you get the gist.

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 21, 2003 09:55      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
I've thought about getting a DVD burner, but decided it wouldn't be worth it right now. First, I probably wouldn't use it all that often, and second I don't have the money.

Logically, they probably will come down in price in a few years, but by how much it's hard to say. Plus, not a lot of people have DVD burners (nobody I know has one), so I haven't heard anything about if they suck or not.

Danoth Dragon God
Wandering Hero
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted November 21, 2003 10:21      Profile for Danoth Dragon God   Email Danoth Dragon God   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
Money is harder to obtain these days...
DVD Burners will get better, cheaper and it would be foolish to by one now...
I need to get a computer repair job...
And scotty, that has to suck to lose your bargin shop in your home town, but www.tigerdirect.com has really good deals. Its where I order from...

--------------------

Jim
Wandering Hero
Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted November 21, 2003 12:40      Profile for Jim   Email Jim   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191605699
Slury I think that you should wait a little.faster DVD-R will come out and cheaper theese ones are a bit slow

--------------------

quote:

Danoth Dragon God
Wandering Hero
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted November 21, 2003 12:51      Profile for Danoth Dragon God   Email Danoth Dragon God   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
precisely

--------------------

Jim
Wandering Hero
Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted November 21, 2003 12:56      Profile for Jim   Email Jim   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191605699
ok come on,back to the subject of the topic
Scotty what about the armor?

--------------------

quote:

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 21, 2003 18:12      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Ok, and update. I have managed to get the Klint the Generous mod to work. It's nice. I haven't found the armor in Klamath, though.

I'll have the mods that I have checked out uploaded to the site by the end of the weekend.

EDIT: I found a glitch with the Klint mod. Whenever I arm myself with a weapon I get from him, my character disappears. Strange.

[ November 21, 2003: Message edited by: Scotty the Great ]

[ November 21, 2003: Message edited by: Scotty the Great ]

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 23, 2003 18:49      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
UPDATE: I've checked out all of the files. Spiffy, and they will be up on the site within the next three days.

However, I am still debating on whether or not to put the Horriban one on the site, seeing how I have no way to know for sure if it works. I'll probably do another sweep of Klamath first, though, to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Scott Aran
Outsider
Member # 149

Rate Member

posted November 24, 2003 20:13      Profile for Scott Aran   Email Scott Aran   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
to bad marcus can't wear it. it'd be like your own frank horrigan following you around, assumming it showed. Maybe you could hack the files or something to do that, o well not my calling.

--------------------

poster of none so much

Posts: 41 | From: keizer oregon | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted November 25, 2003 05:30      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Marcus is annoying, when he lets rip with his chaingun he always hits me/the rest of the team or he missed the enemy all together. Bloody unco muties!

--------------------

- Nietzsche

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 25, 2003 20:35      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yeah, that's why I always kept him away from burst weapons

Plus, Jim, I have uploaded and added the files you sent me to the F2 downloads page, with the exception of the Horrigan armor one (mainly because I still don't know for sure if it works or not :s). Thanks again for the files, even if it did take me forever to do something with 'em.

Jim
Wandering Hero
Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted November 26, 2003 03:21      Profile for Jim   Email Jim   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191605699
Thank you Scotty.I saw the download section of Fallout 2 today,isn't it better? Be sure that if I find any more I'm going to send it to you.If you want though

--------------------

quote:

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted November 26, 2003 05:06      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
U gave marcus a burst weapon??
U little mazo..
hehehe i olways gave him a turbo plasma [Wierd Smile]

--------------------

No one is perfect

Posts: 756 | From: Israel | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 26, 2003 09:04      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
I always give him a rock or spear and let him go crazy!

And Jim, if you find more files, send away

All times are Central Time
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community