my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » StGFC Forums   » Fallout 2   » Gecko question

Printable Version
Author Topic: Gecko question
swoop
Outsider
Member # 150

Rate Member

posted November 21, 2003 07:07      Profile for swoop     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
When I wander around Gecko, I sometimes get attacked, by reactor guards or just normal NPCs. I've been nice to them, and not stolen stuff from them or anything. Once one attacks me, the rest join in too. I can't get in to fix their reactor now.
It took me ages to get find Fallout 2, this is my first time through so I don't want to spoil it, but I've scanned some walkthroughs and this forum and found nothing about this.
Is it a bug, or did I screw up somewhere?

Posts: 4 | From: MCR | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 21, 2003 09:52      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
I've heard of this, and I do believe it is a bug. I would recommend downloading the latest patch. Make sure you read the instructions and use the save game converter as well.

Cheers, and good luck.

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
swoop
Outsider
Member # 150

Rate Member

posted November 21, 2003 13:30      Profile for swoop     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cheers for the advice. Unfortunately, the save game convertor won't convert my save games. I'm playing (or was before the patch) a UK version, V1.01, and it won't recognise them. Can't find any other similar apps either. Any ideas?
I've waited ages for this game! Why is there a difference between the UK and US versions anyway?

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 21, 2003 17:40      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
I think that you the UK version didn't have kids in it, though I could be wrong.

As for what you can do, I'm not quite sure, but I will search around and see what I can find.

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
swoop
Outsider
Member # 150

Rate Member

posted November 22, 2003 04:47      Profile for swoop     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow thank you.
No, there aren't any kids in this version. You mentioned on the updates page that some countries have laws against that sort of thing. If it comes down to ordering a US version from somewhere I suppose I'll have to find out.
I really want to play, (only played through Fallout 1 for the first time last month), but I don't fancy getting done over for child related offences...

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted November 22, 2003 05:35      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Yeah its weird about the kids, i have an australian version and it has kids, usually everything is similar with the UK and us.

Btw welcome to the wonderful and radioactive world of Fallout Swoop, stick around and talk about the game and ask us more questions, we like answering them

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Posts: 950 | From: Perth West Australia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
swoop
Outsider
Member # 150

Rate Member

posted November 23, 2003 15:55      Profile for swoop     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the welcome. I'm think I'll just have to start again with a patched version, so I'm a little disheartened at the mo, but I reckon it's worth the effort.
Pleased to see people still discussing / having fun with the game too. Took me ages to find it, and I thought interest might be lacking after all this time. But it's all froody

Keln
Outsider
Member # 154

Rate Member

posted November 29, 2003 14:41      Profile for Keln   Email Keln   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey! I had that bug too. They'd just attack for no reason. I found it was a specific group of gouhls in the reacotr supplies room. I just had to save and redo a couple times. After I fixed the reactor, I left town anyways.

I finally patched the game lastnight though, and the converter does work for US game.

--------------------

"I'm tryin' to like people, it's just so hard filtering out all the stupid ones."

Posts: 28 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Scott Aran
Outsider
Member # 149

Rate Member

posted November 29, 2003 17:10      Profile for Scott Aran   Email Scott Aran   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
welcome aboard fellow rookie. myself in ghoul i either clean it out, ignore it, or fix ti then ignore it, but either way i go i have never had that glitch. i do get attacked by random junkies in the den though. but they are drugged so its okay to pummel them. see you round

--------------------

poster of none so much

Posts: 41 | From: keizer oregon | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Central Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community