my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » StGFC Forums   » Fallout 2   » I beat the game! w00t!

Printable Version
Author Topic: I beat the game! w00t!
Keln
Outsider
Member # 154

Rate Member

posted December 04, 2003 00:46      Profile for Keln   Email Keln   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I beat the game today finally. It took me a week or so, but I didn't use walkthroughs...much

Time to get all the stuff I didnt, then play it all over again!

--------------------

"I'm tryin' to like people, it's just so hard filtering out all the stupid ones."

Posts: 28 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 04, 2003 08:16      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
heheheheheheh, I like your attitude

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 04, 2003 09:15      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
be sure to visit father tully when you kicked horrigans ass

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Ratty:
You are now the Spam God of Fallout community!

Posts: 766 | From: Sweden, Luleå | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Keln
Outsider
Member # 154

Rate Member

posted December 05, 2003 00:48      Profile for Keln   Email Keln   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I bumped into him and he gave me a fallout2 instruction manual...w00t!

So I used it, and it kept giving me XP and lvling me up. Skills all maxed out.

I probably won't use it next time I beat the game. I'm so l33t right now, I left my party in San Fran, and then cleared out Navarro, Army Base, and all the Robots in Sierra Army Depot by my self. I didn't even use a single stim. I'll admit it is nice traveling without a party again.

I'd found a bunch of random encounters before i beat the game, including the Tin Man, Cafe of Broken dreams, the Monty Python bridgekeeper scene, and others. I've touched every square on the map now, and I still can't find the starfleet shuttle thing. Is it in a specific area or a random one? That's about the only thing I'm missing I think. I want to start a new game and play as an evil character I soon. My current char is so good, he gives the natives a headache.

--------------------

"I'm tryin' to like people, it's just so hard filtering out all the stupid ones."

Posts: 28 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 05, 2003 01:10      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
one encounter you absolutely gotta find is "the guardian of forever".

--------------------

quote:

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 05, 2003 08:29      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yeah, that one is pretty cool.

Also, no, the encounters do not occur in any particular spot.

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 05, 2003 08:50      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
that is wrong actually. for instance, the bridge only occurs in mountain terrain, but i dont know exactly where the others occur. now the simpsons starts, gotta run

--------------------

quote:

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 05, 2003 10:29      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
At least you have your priorities

And yeah, you're right. That one is terrain-specific.

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 05, 2003 11:45      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
isnt there some more that are terrain specific? i still cant recall. one encounter i dont get very often though(got it ONCE) is king arthurs knights. they are kinda cool

--------------------

quote:

Strider
Outsider
Member # 152

Rate Member

posted December 06, 2003 11:52      Profile for Strider   Email Strider   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 123690692
quote:
Originally posted by Arcanus:
isnt there some more that are terrain specific? i still cant recall. one encounter i dont get very often though(got it ONCE) is king arthurs knights. they are kinda cool

I got the Second Encouter with King Arthur knights.. they are fighting a Rat.. and there is a cave.. and inside da Cave.. Voilá! You find the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch.. Reference to Monty Python - Quest for Holy Grail..

before anyone asks.. i only got it cause i fixed a BUG that makes it impossible to be found in a normal game..

Posts: 12 | From: Brasil | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 06, 2003 12:02      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
yeah i know, i can get it too. with narg level 1.
you just press ctrl+r at the main menu, then you choose whatever it was, cant recall, save and load.

--------------------

quote:

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted December 07, 2003 01:17      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Monty python is comic genius, british comedy in general leaves everything else for dead.

But yeah the guardian of forever is cool...plus its really trippy head messing stuff @_@

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Posts: 950 | From: Perth West Australia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 07, 2003 03:22      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
yeah i love monty python my favorite is actually the search for the holy graal, which is referred to in the movie.

--------------------

quote:

Strider
Outsider
Member # 152

Rate Member

posted December 09, 2003 08:05      Profile for Strider   Email Strider   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 123690692
quote:
yeah i know, i can get it too. with narg level 1.
you just press ctrl+r at the main menu, then you choose whatever it was, cant recall, save and load.

No.. actually.. i got it during a normal game... I didn't use the ctrl+r.. i got the screen shots.. and a save game..

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 09, 2003 09:48      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
yeah, but then you have to edit the files, which is too complicated for me.

--------------------

quote:

Strider
Outsider
Member # 152

Rate Member

posted December 09, 2003 13:11      Profile for Strider   Email Strider   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 123690692
quote:
yeah, but then you have to edit the files, which is too complicated for me.

Ok.. whatever you say.. but i myself found it easier than i expected... i just extracted the file worldmap.txt from the master.dat into the data/data directory.. and then i corrected the wrong lines using the "find and replace" option of any word editor.. u can also correct another bug with the Cafe of Broken Dreams this way..

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 09, 2003 13:33      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
um...ok. what bug is in the cafe of broken dreams, i have never noticed one.

--------------------

quote:

Scott Aran
Outsider
Member # 149

Rate Member

posted December 16, 2003 12:17      Profile for Scott Aran   Email Scott Aran   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i had one there once, but i don't remember what it was.
maybe i shouldn't of tried to kill them. what ever
is keln still a member? i haven't seenn him in a while.

--------------------

poster of none so much

Posts: 41 | From: keizer oregon | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 16, 2003 15:42      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Don't know. Good question, though. Stapes would be the one to interrigate about that

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted December 17, 2003 04:51      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
I can just imagine Stapes strapping Keln to a rack and yelling "VY HAFF YU NOT POSTED WESTERN SCUM" at him and hitting him with a big stick

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Posts: 950 | From: Perth West Australia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Central Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community