my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » StGFC Forums   » Fallout 2   » Status

Printable Version
Author Topic: Status
Strider
Outsider
Member # 152

Rate Member

posted January 04, 2004 21:14      Profile for Strider   Email Strider   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 123690692
Hey everyone.. I just want opinions about this character I made.. and i am starting a new game with her.. So.. what do you think? is she Ok?

FALLOUT
VAULT-13 PERSONNEL RECORD
25 July 2241 0824 hours

Name: Buffy Age: 16 Gender: Female
Level: 01 Exp: 0 Next Level: 1,000

::: Statistics :::
Strength: 05
Perception: 08
Endurance: 05
Charisma: 06
Intelligence: 08
Agility: 09
Luck: 07

::: Traits :::
Gifted
Small Frame

::: Tag Skills :::
Small Guns
Doctor
Speech

By the end of the game she should be like this..
:::: Statistics :::
Strength: 11 --> 05 + Memory Module + Power Armor + perk Gain
Perception: 10 --> 08 + Memory Module + perk Gain
Endurance: 06 --> 05 + perk Gain
Charisma: 08 --> 06 + Memory Module + perk Gain
Intelligence: 10 --> 08 + Memory Module + perk Gain
Agility: 10 --> 09 + perk Gain
Luck: 10 --> 07 + Zeta Scan + perk Gain

[ January 06, 2004: Message edited by: Strider ]

Posts: 12 | From: Brasil | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted January 04, 2004 23:44      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Looks pretty damn good to me

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted January 06, 2004 12:03      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
good, except for 2 things.

1, you only have 2 tag skills.
2, do not, repeat, DO NOT take perk gain to strength, luck and perception. its just a waste of perks.

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Ratty:
You are now the Spam God of Fallout community!

Posts: 766 | From: Sweden, Luleå | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Strider
Outsider
Member # 152

Rate Member

posted January 06, 2004 20:33      Profile for Strider   Email Strider   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 123690692
quote:
Originally posted by Arcanus:
good, except for 2 things.

1, you only have 2 tag skills.
2, do not, repeat, DO NOT take perk gain to strength, luck and perception. its just a waste of perks.

Ok.. but..
1, Actually I have 3 tag skills, but as you can see I forgot to jump a line after "Doctor"
So the tag skills would be "Small Guns", "Doctor" and "Speech".
2, ok.. good note.. Gain Strenth is useless with this character.. cause 11 is the same as 10 in game terms. But Gain Luck is not.. Cause I am surely going to get the Sniper Perk and LK=10 + Sniper is just Perfect! about the Gain Perception.. I agree with you.. it's just a convenience, maybe when i finish the game.

Edit: I put this "By the end of the game" just to show the Max Stats my char could be at the end of the game. But i am surely going to pick the most important Perks first. Which we could name a few.. And I want opinions with that too.

Level Perk
3. Awareness
6. Quick Pockets
9. Better Criticals
12. Gain Agility? Living Anatomy?
15. Bonus Rate of Fire
18. Action Boy? gain Luck? Tag!?
21. ???
24. Sniper...
Any sugestions?

[ January 06, 2004: Message edited by: Strider ]

Jim
Wandering Hero
Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted January 07, 2004 01:22      Profile for Jim   Email Jim   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191605699
You could choose(i don't put them with the level cause i don't remember)
Bonus rate of fire
action boy(3)
Living anatomy
awareness(it is a waste of perk i think but it is your choice)
More criticals(3) cause you have good luck
Slayer (if you like fists)
Bonus move
strong back cause you chose small frame
that is my opinion

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Gauss:
Look whos talking,the least posting member of the community.

Posts: 243 | From: Greece | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted January 07, 2004 05:33      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
more criticals is useless, since he's going to pick the sniper perk. actually, strider, with the sniper perk, if you have 9 luck itll be 90% critical hit, but if you have 10 it will only be 95%. yuor choice from there. and remember, stats is not everything.

--------------------

quote:

Strider
Outsider
Member # 152

Rate Member

posted January 07, 2004 05:57      Profile for Strider   Email Strider   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 123690692
Actually I didn't know about this:
LK= 9 + sniper = 90%
Lk=10 + sniper = 95%

i've played with another char with LK=10 and the sniper perk and almost every hit was critical.
But again.. I could pick the gain Luck when I've finished the game.

Where did you find this out? what is the formula to calculate the chance of critical?

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted January 07, 2004 06:21      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
the formula is luck*10 up to a maximum of 95%. dont know where i found it though.

--------------------

quote:

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted January 07, 2004 07:05      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
Yes more critical,however can help until u get sniper,but surly not a must have.

--------------------

No one is perfect

Posts: 756 | From: Israel | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted January 07, 2004 07:24      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
With that luck, it would be worthwhile getting sniper...not that buffy is much of a sniper, she is a hand to hand weapons freak.

I wanna make a fallout version of conan the barbarian...that would be cool. Intelligence 4....strength ten..agility ten..big frame...bruiser..lol

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Posts: 950 | From: Perth West Australia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted January 07, 2004 07:39      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
I made a bruce lee once.
unarmed 200+
hth dmg 3
str 8 or so..
agil 10 etc...

--------------------

No one is perfect

Posts: 756 | From: Israel | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted January 07, 2004 08:12      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
slurry, if there were any swords in fallout that would be cool but the INT would have to stick under 3 so that you talk funny [Tongue Job 1]

--------------------

quote:

Strider
Outsider
Member # 152

Rate Member

posted January 07, 2004 08:40      Profile for Strider   Email Strider   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 123690692
quote:
Originally posted by Slurrydevil:
With that luck, it would be worthwhile getting sniper...not that buffy is much of a sniper, she is a hand to hand weapons freak.

Actually, when I picked the name Buffy i wasn't thinking on the Vampire Slayer.. I just saw in a walktrhough that there is a diferent dialogue with Becky of the Cassino in the Den. And Becky would give you some stuff.. i'll check it soon..

Strider
Outsider
Member # 152

Rate Member

posted January 07, 2004 08:42      Profile for Strider   Email Strider   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 123690692
quote:
slurry, if there were any swords in fallout that would be cool but the INT would have to stick under 3 so that you talk funny [Tongue Job 1]

Isn't the Wakizashi Blade a Sword?

CaliberOnzo
Wandering Hero
Member # 136

Member Rated:

posted January 07, 2004 09:32      Profile for CaliberOnzo   Author's Homepage   Email CaliberOnzo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 163194783   
Hey,

Pick another name like Beffie yea I like that one there aren't even any vampires to slay in Fallout for christ sake!

--------------------

quote:
You're now the official lazy-ass of the Order.

Posts: 313 | From: Netherlands, Woerden | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted January 07, 2004 10:47      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
Caliber, if your name is buffy(in the game that is) youll get lotsa cool stuff from becky in the den.

slurry...

quote:
Originally posted by Slurry
Isn't the Wakizashi Blade a Sword?

thats just what they want you to believe. and when you hold it in one of the item slots its no bigger than a regular knife, so therefore, i class it as a knife.

--------------------

quote:

Strider
Outsider
Member # 152

Rate Member

posted January 07, 2004 13:49      Profile for Strider   Email Strider   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 123690692
quote:

thats just what they want you to believe. and when you hold it in one of the item slots its no bigger than a regular knife, so therefore, i class it as a knife.

Or maybe they were too lazy to design a hole new animation for a Sword to all characters that would be able to use the wakizashi blade. I made a little search on google about the wakizashi blade and i found a few photos of real ones.. and all of them were smaller then a Katana (tipical samurai sword). They were like 20 inches...

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted January 08, 2004 11:11      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
screw it, its just a big knife ok!

--------------------

quote:

Strider
Outsider
Member # 152

Rate Member

posted January 08, 2004 15:18      Profile for Strider   Email Strider   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 123690692
quote:
screw it, its just a big knife ok!

I can't you accept the wakizashi blade is a small sword?

this hole discussion was about that guy who wanted to create a barbarian.. so.. I think the wakizashi blade would be just fine to that character.. There is a proverb here that says "He who doesn't have a dog hunts with a cat"
So.. end of discussion. this topic is closed.

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted January 08, 2004 15:21      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
then why can i still post? anyway, the wakizashi blade looks like a long knife or a very short sword to me. but i guess its your call

--------------------

quote:

All times are Central Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community