my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » StGFC Forums   » Fan-Fiction Forum   » Learning in a new world, part 2

Printable Version
Author Topic: Learning in a new world, part 2
Danoth Dragon God
Wandering Hero
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted November 24, 2003 15:12      Profile for Danoth Dragon God   Email Danoth Dragon God   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
Learning in a new world, part 2

The mass of cars pulled out of the cul-de-sac, drawing out at a steady pace and in an organized line. The cars pulled left at the first intersection they reached.
Tony knew the freeway would be a mess. There would be people packed everywhere attempting to escape the explosive destruction that would in a few mere moments cover the Earth...
The convoy, led by Tony's car, proceeded down a side road. They were moving at a breakneck speed in order to save time, for time was of the essence. The speed required to keep the convoy on a steady rate to reach their destination in time was way over the speed limits that formerly applied before the people that made them were doomed to be incinerated. The convoy had to keep moving faster than most were used to, but Tony determined that if someone fell behind and the rest of the convoy stopped for them, they may well all die rather than the few that fell behind. Tony followed the side road he had taken all the way to the town north. Before he entered town there was a bridge. The convoy moved swiftly across it, following the road to the right.
The speed was slowed here due to the narrowness of the road. They moved through the outskirts of town quickly, time still counting down.
Then, they finally reached the final stretch of their journey, a small dirt road that was leading off into the mountains. They were too unsure of themselves on this road and Tony knew instinctively that something was going to go wrong. The cars were nearing the end of the road when about three-quarters of the way through the caravan the road collapsed with the car on it. Tony watched a couple of his friends in the car look out of the windows in horror as the car tumbled down the mountainside. The people in the car behind them knew what to do. They got out of their cars and started running around the depression in the road. Tony kept driving. There would be time for mourning later.
With just a few moments to spare, the convoy made it to the vault. It was a huge cave that the 6 remaining cars pulled into, followed by the runners. They dashed to the end of the cave where they found something totally unexpected for most of them.
A huge metal door with the number 7 etched onto it. Tony ran to a console that was hidden in the shadows. He began yelling into it, "Open the vault! Please open! I have 20 people here who need shelter! Please open the vault!"
A scattered, static filled voice came out of a speaker. There was a firm tone in the deep bass voice that came rumbling through. “You can’t come in, we are too dense down here already. I’m sorry.”
“Do you want the blood of 20 people on your hands? We need to get in!” Tony started looking for a disk drive on the console.
“We can’t. I can’t have the blood of 150 people on my hands for 20. I’m not authorized to do that…”
Tony found the Disk Drive. “Fine, goodbye” he replied with a grin on his face. He put in the disk. He checked his watch. There was a mere 2 minutes to go. The disk drive started humming as Tony began to sweat with anticipation. The doors suddenly started opening. Everyone began dashing into the vault. Tony ejected the disk and stuffed it into his pocket. He ran in behind all of his remaining party. He had done it, or had he?
As he ran into the Vault he heard the loudspeaker call out, “Welcome to Vault 7.” It was a good day to be alive…
TBE (some time required)
[Wierd Smile]

[ November 24, 2003: Message edited by: Danoth Dragon God ]

--------------------

HAHAHAHA! Your lord of chaos has come, feel my wrath and tremble!!! For the Earth will burn with a fiery light and be purifyed and the corruption of the light will be cleansed with darkness

Posts: 259 | From: Windsor, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 24, 2003 16:30      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
*cheers* Nice work Danoth! I like this even better than the first part

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted November 25, 2003 09:36      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
Yea Dragon!
nice job,keep it up.

--------------------

No one is perfect

Posts: 756 | From: Israel | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Danoth Dragon God
Wandering Hero
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted November 25, 2003 11:34      Profile for Danoth Dragon God   Email Danoth Dragon God   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
Thanks... unfortunately, the third part does not come out today, Tomorrow or thrusday. Part 4 comes out on Thursday as well. Sorry for the delay.

--------------------

HAHAHAHA! Your lord of chaos has come, feel my wrath and tremble!!! For the Earth will burn with a fiery light and be purifyed and the corruption of the light will be cleansed with darkness

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 25, 2003 14:13      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
It'll be okay. If the following parts are as good as this one was, the wait will be worth it

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted November 26, 2003 05:07      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
*sits waiting near the screen*

--------------------

No one is perfect

Posts: 756 | From: Israel | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Danoth Dragon God
Wandering Hero
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted November 26, 2003 10:45      Profile for Danoth Dragon God   Email Danoth Dragon God   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
Towmorrow....
Towmorrow....
Ill love ya towmorrow....
Its only a day away....

Its the only song I could think of to excuse my tardiness....

--------------------

rad-x
Vault Citizen
Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted November 26, 2003 12:29      Profile for rad-x     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
BEING HONEST WITH HIS OPINIONS ALWAYS - HEAD SCRIBE SPEAKS -

Well, this episode is a bit cliched to be honest. The scheme's a bit simple to be a scheme, I've lost track of what's going on...

I mean, what is going on? You hadn't entered a page before, and now we have a huge convoy of cars, and people flying off mountainsides...

"The people in the car behind them knew what to do. They got out of their cars and started running around the depression in the road. Tony kept driving. There would be time for mourning later."

I don't understand. What depression? Mourning - how does he know these guys, he only refers to them as the car.

Why has everything assembled itself so? I feel a large chunk of the story is missing.

Listen carefully though, this episode isn't bad in itself. It's just it doesn't link well with Part One.

Also, Episode One was completely dialogue and character-driven - it is probably just a shock on my part as we change so drastically for Part 2.

Again this is just me. Everyone else thinks it is better than the first one.

--------------------

As I gaze up at the night sky in my own fair time, I look back down and see the devastation. This post-nuclear world. It's terrible. But at least we got Nuka-Cola, warm and flat, the drink of the post-apocalyptic civiliztion. Generation Next!

Posts: 466 | From: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted November 27, 2003 05:45      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
And hark, Rad has spoken, and his word is law unto this forum! rofl

But yeah i liked it, it was short and easy to read, i hate reading masses of text on a monitor so that scores big brownie points from me! A pretty good contribution i'd say.

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Posts: 950 | From: Perth West Australia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
rad-x
Vault Citizen
Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted November 27, 2003 10:08      Profile for rad-x     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's tommorrow now, where's that new part Danoth?

--------------------

As I gaze up at the night sky in my own fair time, I look back down and see the devastation. This post-nuclear world. It's terrible. But at least we got Nuka-Cola, warm and flat, the drink of the post-apocalyptic civiliztion. Generation Next!

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted November 27, 2003 22:41      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Rad, in the first part, weren't you telling him how to spell words correctly? Well, now I guess I'm going to have to correct your grammar! Tomorrow is spelt like <--- that! Not Tommorrow!

Posts: 2150 | From: Sconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
rad-x
Vault Citizen
Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted November 28, 2003 02:33      Profile for rad-x     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Stapes, tomorrow is not spelt like tommorrow. We've talked about this before. You nearly had it this time. [Tongue Job 1]

--------------------

Danoth Dragon God
Wandering Hero
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted November 28, 2003 10:25      Profile for Danoth Dragon God   Email Danoth Dragon God   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
As Ive said...procrastination sucks....

--------------------

All times are Central Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community