my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » StGFC Forums   » Fan-Fiction Forum   » Learning in a new world, Part 5

Printable Version
Author Topic: Learning in a new world, Part 5
Danoth Dragon God
Wandering Hero
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted December 02, 2003 12:51      Profile for Danoth Dragon God   Email Danoth Dragon God   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
The horror that greeted Tony was terrible. The doors that led to the level were smashed from the force of the nuclear blast. Tony tested them, making sure they were not melted together. Tony turned to his cousin.
"Alex, we have to pry these doors open. They aren't melted so they may still be alive in there."
Alex nodded. "Let's do this." They moved forward, toward the doors. Tony wormed his fingers into the cracks between them. His cousin did the same.
"1, 2, 3" Tony stated, and in unison on 3 they threw their formidable strengths against the doors. The doors creaked at first slowly grinding back. Then with a sudden snap they slammed back inside their compartments in the walls. Tony looked with a greater horror than before.
There were bodies scattered all around the elevator doors. His friends were lying with blistered backs facing them. He felt a wave of heat greet his arrival to the top floor. Tony started moving the unconscious bodies into the elevator, a grim look on his face. His cousin did the same, except his cousin went to look at every face, to look for the one person he cared for. His cousin continued to look through every male. His cousin's sexual preference had never bothered Tony, but caring about one person more than wanting to help so many bugged him.
When the elevator could not be filled with any more unconscious bodies they sent it down to the bottom level and waited for the elevator to return to load the rest of the wounded. During this time Alex found his "friend" lying with a piece of shrapnel from the ceiling in his shoulder. Tony looked at the hole in the roof to keep himself occupied. The nuke had pierced the ceiling but had not gone down into the next level. This was most fortunate, that meant that no one but his friends had been harmed, and they all seemed to be living for the moment.
The elevator returned and they continued to load people into the elevator, His cousin put his friend Jordan in first. The bodies were piled in once more and when the elevator was filled, there were no longer any wounded, just Tony and Alex.
They sent the elevator down once more and waited for it to return. Tony felt his hands start to blister from leaning on the walls, so he stopped. They waited uneasily for four full minutes before the elevator returned. They got in and pulled the outer elevator doors shut again to prevent radiation leakage. They traveled down, down, down into the vault once more. Tony waited for the doors to open when he saw Amber waiting for him.
She flung herself on him as he stepped through into the clean vault. He smiled, "What? I was gone for about ten minuets."
"Yeah, but that was a stupid thing to do. Brave, but stupid."
"Come on you two, I would like to be checked by the sick bay for radiation sickness before we rest." Alex began walking to the sick bay.
Tony and Amber followed. Tony walked into the sickbay, which was filled with the wounded. Tony realized the genius of having the sickbay in the bottom of the vault. If people were injured in a nuclear attack, they could be treated because the sick bay would be least likely to be harmed, along with their leader and security force. Tony looked over and saw Jordan actually sitting up. Tony calmly walked over.
"Hold still a moment Jordan." Tony grabbed the metal piece in his shoulder and yanked it straight out.
Jordan kept a grim face, stoic but strained. "You really should rest now Jordan. You could hurt yourself worse."
Jordan lay back down and shut his eyes. Alex walked over to sit by his bed.
Then out of nowhere Tony felt dizzy. He started to waver and quite suddenly lost consciousness.

--------------------

HAHAHAHA! Your lord of chaos has come, feel my wrath and tremble!!! For the Earth will burn with a fiery light and be purifyed and the corruption of the light will be cleansed with darkness

Posts: 259 | From: Windsor, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted December 02, 2003 13:09      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
keep it up [Approve]

--------------------

No one is perfect

Posts: 756 | From: Israel | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 02, 2003 13:24      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Ye-up

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Danoth Dragon God
Wandering Hero
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted December 02, 2003 13:33      Profile for Danoth Dragon God   Email Danoth Dragon God   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
Thx everyone
scotty... stop smiling, Im worried about what you're planning

--------------------

HAHAHAHA! Your lord of chaos has come, feel my wrath and tremble!!! For the Earth will burn with a fiery light and be purifyed and the corruption of the light will be cleansed with darkness

rad-x
Vault Citizen
Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted December 03, 2003 12:04      Profile for rad-x     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
:I

This is the most readable fan fic I have ever read... flowing beautifully down the page...

...but the big gap in narrative between Part 1 and Part 2 is totally confusing me about every new part coming out!

Fill me in Danoth - what happened between the two? I love this fiction, but just give reply to my post and tell me what happened between the two.

[ December 03, 2003: Message edited by: rad-x ]

--------------------

As I gaze up at the night sky in my own fair time, I look back down and see the devastation. This post-nuclear world. It's terrible. But at least we got Nuka-Cola, warm and flat, the drink of the post-apocalyptic civiliztion. Generation Next!

Posts: 466 | From: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Danoth Dragon God
Wandering Hero
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted December 03, 2003 12:30      Profile for Danoth Dragon God   Email Danoth Dragon God   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
Basically between Part one and part 2 our hero has a lot of time (well, not a lot, about 15 min) to think. His thought leads him to determine his course of action and sets him on a path. he has determined that he indeed is now the leader of these people and until they are safe he has to be stoic and firm... once they are safe, he can afford to be his old self again, but not before. His determination to make sure that they all survive comes from the knowledge that they depend upon him... also, he filled his friends (all of the cars are filled with his friends) in on the phone that they had to leave, when lives are on the line the group matters more than the individual, so far there has not been enough time to intro all the friends, so i intro thm as they come into the story... If that does not fully expain his change in attitude or does not answer your question, email it to me... So Ceaser [Approve] or [Disapprove]

[ December 03, 2003: Message edited by: Danoth Dragon God ]

--------------------

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 03, 2003 22:17      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
quote:
Originally posted by Danoth Dragon God:
scotty... stop smiling, Im worried about what you're planning

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to comment on that

rad-x
Vault Citizen
Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted December 04, 2003 02:06      Profile for rad-x     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It does answer my question I guess...

Part 1.5 I shall imagine in my head.

[Approve]

[ December 04, 2003: Message edited by: rad-x ]

--------------------

As I gaze up at the night sky in my own fair time, I look back down and see the devastation. This post-nuclear world. It's terrible. But at least we got Nuka-Cola, warm and flat, the drink of the post-apocalyptic civiliztion. Generation Next!

Danoth Dragon God
Wandering Hero
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted December 04, 2003 11:21      Profile for Danoth Dragon God   Email Danoth Dragon God   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
Yeeeeeaaaaa! I get to live! *looks over at snarling lion* I dont think he cares what you say rad... *runs away like a crazy man*
Wait a tic *stops* Im a freakin dragon, what am I running for? *turns and chases lion instead*

[ December 04, 2003: Message edited by: Danoth Dragon God ]

--------------------

rad-x
Vault Citizen
Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted December 04, 2003 11:30      Profile for rad-x     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm making a fan fiction right now, and you are free to criticise as well Danoth when it comes out! [Cool]

--------------------

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 04, 2003 12:10      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Oh joy

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 05, 2003 04:53      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
danoth how often do you post these? more fan fiction please

oh, and it was great. just one thing. was it i who misunderstood it or did the nuke pierce the ceiling? if so, shouldnt they be in tiny little pieces when he got up there? sorry for the eventual grammar or spelling errors

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Ratty:
You are now the Spam God of Fallout community!

Posts: 766 | From: Sweden, Luleå | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Danoth Dragon God
Wandering Hero
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted December 05, 2003 10:16      Profile for Danoth Dragon God   Email Danoth Dragon God   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
The impact caused by the nuke's explosion pierced the ceiling but they were outside the main torrent of heat. And due to an overwhelming vote, i release on fridays...

--------------------

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 05, 2003 10:59      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
today IS friday

--------------------

quote:

Danoth Dragon God
Wandering Hero
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted December 05, 2003 11:07      Profile for Danoth Dragon God   Email Danoth Dragon God   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
I know, todau later it wil come out... maybe WHAT THE POLL SAYS ABOUT WHEN IM GONNA RELEASE!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 05, 2003 11:10      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
poll?

--------------------

quote:

Danoth Dragon God
Wandering Hero
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted December 05, 2003 11:14      Profile for Danoth Dragon God   Email Danoth Dragon God   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
In the STGFC forum... where we started talking about time zones...

--------------------

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 05, 2003 11:34      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
yeah, but that doesnt say the exact time

--------------------

quote:

All times are Central Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community