my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » StGFC Forums   » Fan-Fiction Forum   » Learning in a new world, part 6

Printable Version
Author Topic: Learning in a new world, part 6
Danoth Dragon God
Wandering Hero
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted December 05, 2003 13:40      Profile for Danoth Dragon God   Email Danoth Dragon God   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
Tony slowly drifted into consciousness. He looked around only to find that he was still in the sick bay. He looked about until he spotted Amber and proceeded to sigh. She had fallen asleep next to his bed. He tried to look around for the clipboard that had his symptoms on it. He searched around the side of the bed and finally his questing hands reached the foot of the bed, where he found it. The symptoms were vague other than radiation sickness and so Tony replaced the clipboard and went back to his bed. It was then that he noticed that the sickbay was relatively empty. Almost all of his friends were no longer there. Tony looked around and saw that his cousin was not there either. How strange…
Tony looked about until he found a doctor. He waved to attract the doctor’s attention. The doctor approached Tony with a steady pace despite a noticeable limp in his left leg. He appeared to be African-American, about 65 years of age, with a brisk white moustache and a head of close cropped curly white hair.
“Can I be of any help?” he said in a deep bass voice that had a small ring of concern in it.
Tony was so fed up for the moment that his reply was almost icy. “Yes, could you tell me what is wrong with me?”
“Well, the radiation was not really a problem. We got rid of that in a jiffy. The thing we are concerned about is that while you were exposed to the radiation, there was a virus in your system. That virus was genetically altered due to the radiation in several ways. First of all, it broke into two strands. One is in your saliva. We have determined that if it were introduced into the blood system it would damage the brain beyond repair. However, were it introduced to the digestive tract, who knows what may happen The other is in your blood, however in order to understand both of these viruses fully, especially the one in your blood, we need to observe you and test them on mice and etc. One thing that we do understand is that these viruses are no longer transferred via the air. There is one large problem. Your body has began to produce the blood virus rather than white blood cells.” Tony suddenly began to feel feverish. “But technically you’re not contagious as long as you don’t kiss, bite or bleed on anyone.” Tony felt himself thrash as his muscles sporadically contorted. The doctor called over the nurse and they began to hook him up to a monitoring machine. The commotion awakened Amber.
“What’s happening? What’s wrong?” she began to scream with panic tingeing her melodic voice.
“We don’t know, after 3 days of rest, I would think he would have been able to withstand a 4 minute conversation.”
Tony began to see all sorts of shapes and colors and suddenly blacked out…
TBC

--------------------

HAHAHAHA! Your lord of chaos has come, feel my wrath and tremble!!! For the Earth will burn with a fiery light and be purifyed and the corruption of the light will be cleansed with darkness

Posts: 259 | From: Windsor, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 05, 2003 13:43      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
wiee finally

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Ratty:
You are now the Spam God of Fallout community!

Posts: 766 | From: Sweden, Luleå | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
rad-x
Vault Citizen
Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted December 05, 2003 14:57      Profile for rad-x     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Technically proficient, though I would care about Tony a bit more if he was further developed my friend!

I don't know where the story is going, but it is definetly a brilliant cliffhanger for next week! [Cool]

--------------------

As I gaze up at the night sky in my own fair time, I look back down and see the devastation. This post-nuclear world. It's terrible. But at least we got Nuka-Cola, warm and flat, the drink of the post-apocalyptic civiliztion. Generation Next!

Posts: 466 | From: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Danoth Dragon God
Wandering Hero
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted December 05, 2003 15:23      Profile for Danoth Dragon God   Email Danoth Dragon God   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
Uhhhh... rad-X why do you have 3 of the same post....?

--------------------

HAHAHAHA! Your lord of chaos has come, feel my wrath and tremble!!! For the Earth will burn with a fiery light and be purifyed and the corruption of the light will be cleansed with darkness

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 05, 2003 15:58      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
thats called spamming. i believe it can occur if you press the add reply button multiple times. spamming however is when you do it on purpose, and i dont think this was:/

--------------------

quote:

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 05, 2003 16:45      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Nope, that was rad going crazy with the reply button. I'll delete the copies.

Anyways, Danoth, I'm not sure if I like this part as much as the others. It is an interesting plot twist, but I agree with rad; it left me wondering where this story was going. But I guess I'll have to wait impaciently until next week to find out.

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted December 05, 2003 17:22      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
Well lets see what you are up to Danoth.

--------------------

No one is perfect

Posts: 756 | From: Israel | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 06, 2003 03:27      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
scotty are you still writing those "voyages of the chosen one"? i just read them and they owned

--------------------

quote:

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 06, 2003 09:49      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Hey, actually, I was thinking about continueing them after finals because I'll have more time then and I have a good idea for the plot now.

But I thought everyone had forgotten about 'em because it's been so long. [Tongue Job 1]

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 06, 2003 10:09      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
well they were very good

--------------------

quote:

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted December 06, 2003 10:19      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
I never read it...it looks sooooo long...

--------------------

No one is perfect

Posts: 756 | From: Israel | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 06, 2003 10:34      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Thanks

Guass, take it from Arcanus; it would be worth your time

Seriously, though, Voyages is really long but not nearly completed. I think last time I checked it was already almost 50 pages. By the time it is done, it'll probably be a novel

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 06, 2003 11:21      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
oooh 50 pages i really look forward to that.

--------------------

quote:

Danoth Dragon God
Wandering Hero
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted December 08, 2003 10:02      Profile for Danoth Dragon God   Email Danoth Dragon God   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
This series I hope to slowly evolve into a novel... the next part will be monger than this one (a lot is going to happen). hehehe Youll see. I think that 2 parts may come out this week... I need to write a second one if there are....

--------------------

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 08, 2003 13:24      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
what about the overwhelming votes?

--------------------

quote:

Danoth Dragon God
Wandering Hero
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted December 08, 2003 15:34      Profile for Danoth Dragon God   Email Danoth Dragon God   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
Still in favor of the friday releases... good luck converting....

--------------------

rad-x
Vault Citizen
Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted December 12, 2003 10:22      Profile for rad-x     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Right, where is it Dan?

--------------------

As I gaze up at the night sky in my own fair time, I look back down and see the devastation. This post-nuclear world. It's terrible. But at least we got Nuka-Cola, warm and flat, the drink of the post-apocalyptic civiliztion. Generation Next!

Posts: 466 | From: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Danoth Dragon God
Wandering Hero
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted December 12, 2003 10:34      Profile for Danoth Dragon God   Email Danoth Dragon God   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
coming, coming, in a while... I better start timing my releases... itll be out before 2 pacific time? Ill probably have to work on it a little all day, SO NOONE READ UNTIL IM DONE!!

--------------------

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 12, 2003 12:10      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
*groans* Alright. But hurry it up; your audience is impatient.

All times are Central Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community