next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » Other   » Stupid Stuff   » Music

Printable Version
Author Topic: Music
Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted October 14, 2002 05:53      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Just thought I would ask what music you guys have been listening to recently, cos we had a pretty decent conversation about it a while ago.
I have been listening to a lot of Australian bands recently, which none of you Americans will have heard of (probably) Ace will have tho. lol Those are Grinspoon, the Whitlams and Shihad (who are now called Pacifier because it sounded too much like Jihad).
And also this little known Canadian band (maybe Jello knows them, I dont know how well known they are in Canada) called Speechwriters LLC. If any of you get a chance go here and get this song, it rules!

I went to this festival yesterday called Rock-It and the singer from Grinspoon was up on stage pissed off his nut holding a cigarette in one hand and a bottle of port on the other, the mike stand was about all keeping him on his feet. Then at the end of one of the songs he plays guitar on he just chucked his guitar all the way across the stage and nearly hit a sound guy.

[ October 14, 2002: Message edited by: Slurrydevil ]

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Posts: 950 | From: Perth West Australia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted October 14, 2002 12:28      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
You are right. I have never heard of any of them.

But what I've been listening to lately is the new stuff and some old stuff. Mainly like Cam'Ron, Eminem, Jimmy Falon, etc. I also listen to country music, some rap, and miscellanious musics.

Posts: 2150 | From: Sconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted October 14, 2002 13:31      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Rap, mostly, along with the usual techno, R&B, and other stuff that I don't know what it would be classified as.

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
MagiElvenRanger

posted October 14, 2002 14:14          Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Not that my imput really matters... but o well!! I listen to Alternitive, Rock, Techno(Hybrid and Orbital own!!) and the ocasinal country go shania! have u seen her new music video? hehehe lol

IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted October 14, 2002 16:26      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
*jumps on Elf* Orbital!!!!

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted October 14, 2002 19:33      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Um....is it just me or does anybody else feel very uncomfortable right about now?

Heero Yuy
Vault Champion
Member # 8

Member Rated:

posted October 15, 2002 01:46      Profile for Heero Yuy   Email Heero Yuy   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's you Stapes!

Right now I'm listening to Linkin Park and Grinspoon. Can't forget Nelly and 2PAC!

REST IN PEACE

--------------------

"I'll give you just one piece of advice... Dying hurts like hell." - Heero Yuy

Posts: 937 | From: Classified | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted October 15, 2002 04:22      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
I like Techno too, I jusr finished burning a Prodigy CD (not that they are techno, they are more like dance)
Do you listen to any Trance music Scotty? (not that its much good outside of clubs).

Yeah Grinspoon are pretty cool hey Ace? but.......2PAC *shudders*

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted October 15, 2002 12:24      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Tupac is awesome and he is still alive.

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted October 15, 2002 13:08      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yup, and I also heard that Elvis is alive and Eminem is the "Great White Hope".

As for trance music, no, I don't listen to it that much.

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted October 15, 2002 17:29      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
I heard that Elvis was supposed to come back and tell all of his fans why he left. But that was supposed to be back in August. I guess maybe he won't be coming back.

There are a lot of theories as to how Tupac and Elvis are alive. I know at least 10 facts about both of them.

As for Eminem being the 'Great White Hope', I haven't heard that at all. Then again, I don't watch TV.

If you want me to, I could list all of the facts about Tupac and Elvis!

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted October 15, 2002 18:17      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Go for it Stapes, it might be interesting.

And for Eminem, go to this site and read the first paragraph.

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted October 15, 2002 18:30      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Ok. I never knew about that.

Elvis:
1) His coffin weighed 900 lbs. He weighed 150 at death, thought maybe an air conditioner in there to keep a wax body cool,
2) He was 'Buried' the day after he died with no autopsy,
3) All the sightings of Elvis (some are real),
4) Only family members were allowed at his 'funeral',
5) He supposedly died of an overdose, but didn't do drugs for 5 months prior to his death,
6) Family members that were at the funeral saw that his hands were really shiny and smooth. He had really rough hands. Others saw that one of his sideburns was falling off, maybe glued onto a wax body???

Can't think of the others. When I do, I'll post them.

Tupac:
1) The Makaveli theory. Makaveli was a famous philosopher who faked his death several times during the course of his lifetime. Tupac's last cd was under the name Makaveli.
2) Makaveli, his last cd, was made 6 months after Tupac's death.
3) The seven theory. Tupac died 7 days after he was shot. He was supposedly shot 7 times. He is thought to be coming back on the anniversary of the 7th year. On his cd's he has 7 hidden on all of his cd pics.
4) Never had an autopsy after his death.
5) 'Buried' 2 days after he died with no funeral
6) On his last cd he is portrayed by Jesus on the cross.
7) There was no press at the hospital. If somebody as famous as Tupac was in the hospital, there would be tons of press or media personnel at the hospital trying to interview him.
8) His family was never contacted about him being shot 7 times. If you were shot and in the hospital, somebody would have tried to contact his family!

There are tons more, but I can't really name anymore. You are probably already bored to death so that is why I'm not going on.

I got all of that off of different websites.

I also read that Notorious B.I.G. was said to be the person that shot Tupac. LA POLICE JUST PUT THAT INTO THE NEWS 2 MONTHS AGO! THAT IS OVER 6 YEARS AFTER HIS DEATH!!!

[ October 15, 2002: Message edited by: Stapes ]

Heero Yuy
Vault Champion
Member # 8

Member Rated:

posted October 15, 2002 22:53      Profile for Heero Yuy   Email Heero Yuy   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Right well back on the topic... Prodigy are sweet and as for trance, I listen to trance and I love it...

--------------------

"I'll give you just one piece of advice... Dying hurts like hell." - Heero Yuy

Posts: 937 | From: Classified | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted October 16, 2002 02:57      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
lol I would like it if Elvis were still alive, his music rocks!

You know what I think about Rappers, I don't care whether 2pac lives or dies, as long as I don't have to see him.

The singer I would like to bring back is Jimmi Hendrix, maybe Bob Marley....on second thoughts maybe not..lol Or Kurt Kobain, but the funny thing about Nirvana is nobody would look at them twice these days unless their singer had topped himself..

--------------------

- Nietzsche

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted October 16, 2002 12:56      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Ace, you just previously said that you were getting back on topic. All of the posts in here are referring to Music. Tupac and Elvis are considered music aren't they?

I don't even think you can get off topic in the stupid stuff forum.

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted October 16, 2002 16:06      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
More or less, the topic was the type of music everyone listens to.

As for staying on topic, I'm not too concerned about the direction topics go in on the Stupid Stuff forum. With that in mind, if Ace wants to direct the topic back to it's more original state, it's not a big deal.

I'm not much for Elvis, personally. His music is pretty good, but it's not for me.

jello
Wandering Hero
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted October 17, 2002 18:32      Profile for jello   Email jello   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I listen to pretty much anything that sounds good. It can be amongst any genre: country, pop, rock, classical, rap, dance, indian music, anything. If it sounds good, i dig.

As for the music I typically listen these days: metal.

And as for Tupac and company, lemme tell you something friends. It's not as easy and obvious as it seems. Don't forget that there's a lot of money and variables that are into play when the situation gets big like that. When I say "big situation", i mean like "rapper gets popular". We don't know what's going on behind the scenes.

Maybe he's alive, maybe not. Maybe all that shit about Biggie shooting 2pac is a load of crap. Maybe it's all a load of crap. For what?: _To make money_
And it works.

If we go by the making money theory, i'd say he's still alive counting his cash somewhere... Biggie too.

You could even make it funny: meh, biggie got fatter, older, and tired, didn't have any ideas of songs and shit... hmmm, decides to get killed to sell more cds untill he really dies. Hell, it worked with any dead artist...

And all those 7s and Djeezus n all that crap is to make ppl talk and sell even more.

I'm sure there's a secret Dead Artist organisation out there. hehe, they got an "eraser" who kills you and gives you a new identity in a lost place n shit...(the latter paragraph was a joke)

[ October 17, 2002: Message edited by: jello ]

--------------------

jump on her and demand sex!

Posts: 399 | From: montreal | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
jello
Wandering Hero
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted October 17, 2002 19:23      Profile for jello   Email jello   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
oh, and no, I don't know them Speechwriters. Heh, catchy, sounds good... Missing a little intonation and change of notes in his voice for my taste, but alright...

It sounds like rap a little(the vocals).

--------------------

jump on her and demand sex!

Posts: 399 | From: montreal | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Central Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community