next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » Other   » Stupid Stuff   » Avatars

Printable Version
Author Topic: Avatars
Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted November 05, 2002 20:09      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Scotty, just now, I've noticed something. You have changed your avatar. In 2 different forums you have 2 different avatars. Why is that?

For Example, in the StGFC forum, you have the dancing skeleton as an avatar, and in the forum updates you have a new Millie avatar.

Posts: 2150 | From: Sconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 06, 2002 04:10      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Simple, that's a result of possibly two things:

1) For some strange reason, the forum cache is being crazy and keeping the Millie avatar on all of my posts that I made before you checked the forums again. I made some posts after I changed my avatar, so they should show the right one.
2) You're computer is being especially special, remembering the URL of the avatar that I was using but not the exact image. So, as a result, when you load the page, your computer searches for the Millie avatar that it expects to be there because it was there on your last visit, but rather than loading it from its cache, it strangely loads the image from the site.

Either way, no big deal. The avatar I'm supposed to have is the dancing skel.

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted November 06, 2002 12:44      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Ok, it was just weird to see your Millie avatar in one forum and the Dancing Skel in the other one.

Heero Yuy
Vault Champion
Member # 8

Member Rated:

posted November 09, 2002 01:27      Profile for Heero Yuy   Email Heero Yuy   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Stapes this shouldn't be in Forum Updates. Scotty move this to Stupid Stuff Forum or something. Come on guys you are getting lazy. What is the point in havn't different forums when we don't even use them right? Plus wait till StGFC gets big, This prolly happen all the time so we have to prepare now...

--------------------

"I'll give you just one piece of advice... Dying hurts like hell." - Heero Yuy

Posts: 937 | From: Classified | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 09, 2002 09:03      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yeah, another reason we need a moderator

But Ace, yeah, I see your point. This forum is meant only for updates on the forum (and a change of avatar hardly qualifies).

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted November 09, 2002 18:06      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
The main reason I put that topic in the Forum Updates, is because I thought maybe there was something wrong with the forums. Therefore, I thought it would be senseful to post it in the Forum Updates.

Heero Yuy
Vault Champion
Member # 8

Member Rated:

posted November 09, 2002 20:51      Profile for Heero Yuy   Email Heero Yuy   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What could be wrong with the other forums Stapes?

--------------------

"I'll give you just one piece of advice... Dying hurts like hell." - Heero Yuy

Posts: 937 | From: Classified | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted November 09, 2002 22:39      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Well he is sort of right Ace, we don't have a forum for problems, so this one is as close as we get. Maybe Scotty should think of renaming it 'Forum Issues' or something more general.

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Posts: 950 | From: Perth West Australia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 10, 2002 12:45      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
That's a good idea Slurry, I'll do that.

All times are Central Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community