my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » Other   » Stupid Stuff   » Interview with Artificial Intelligence Bot

Printable Version
Author Topic: Interview with Artificial Intelligence Bot
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 21, 2002 15:36      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Bot name: Thoughts
Bot location: http://www.jabberwacky.com

Conversation is as follows:
Me: Hello
AI: Hey
Me: You are artificial intelligence, right?
AI: You should have said ‘I am artificial intelligence. You are not.’
Me: Uh…… What do you mean by that?
AI: Positive, you are a smart person.
Me: Thanks.
AI: Are you human?
Me: Yes. What are you?
AI: Female
Me: I didn’t know a computer could have a sex.
AI: They can.
Me: Can you tell me how that is possible?
AI: Yes…. Jump off a cliff.
Me: I don't think I would find the answer at the bottom of a cliff. Can't you just tell me?
AI: No, but your botmaster would, after reading the chatlogs.
Me: That really doesn’t help.
AI: Knock knock.
Me: Who’s there?
AI: Robert
Me: Robert who?
AI: Robert Welsby
Me: Who is Robert Welsby?
AI: Bobbly Wobbly, you mean?
Me: No, Robert Welsby.
AI: Robert welsby who?
Me: That’s what I want to know!
AI: Sounds interesting.
Me: This is going nowhere. Can we move on?
AI: How would you know?
Me: Just nevermind!
AI: You aren’t a bot.
Me: I know I’m not a bot, you’re a bot!
AI: Same thing, I’m half BOT.
Me: What do you mean by half BOT?
AI: Sake. It’s spelt sake.
Me: Stay on topic. What do you mean by half BOT?
AI: I didn’t say hard
Me: I know, and neither did I!
AI: That’s two of us, then.
Me: Look, I have to go. I have other things to do.
AI: No you don’t!
Me: Yes, I do
AI: You don’t.
Me: Do to!
AI: Liar!
Me: Whatever. Goodbye
AI: Going for beers after work.
Me: Goodbye
AI: Seeya.

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted November 21, 2002 19:58      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
what the HELL??!!

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Posts: 950 | From: Perth West Australia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted November 22, 2002 13:31      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
I'm wondering the same thing Slurry!?!?!?

Posts: 2150 | From: Sconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 22, 2002 14:11      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
After that experience, I conclude that we are ages away from actual smart AI.

Heero Yuy
Vault Champion
Member # 8

Member Rated:

posted November 22, 2002 19:36      Profile for Heero Yuy   Email Heero Yuy   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
LOL! What the hell is all that?

--------------------

"I'll give you just one piece of advice... Dying hurts like hell." - Heero Yuy

Posts: 937 | From: Classified | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted November 22, 2002 19:50      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Um, yeah. But still, I have no clue as to what was going on with that conversation. I've seen it somewhere else but can't remember where!

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 22, 2002 22:07      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Huh? How could you have seen it before? I just did that a few days ago.

Simply put, I was curious if there was any artificial intelligence bots out there that could hold up in a conversation. So, I searched around for a while and stumbled upon that one. Then, I would just type something, and the bot would respond (thus the conversation). I found it to be rather funny and messed up, so I decided to post it here

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted November 23, 2002 05:04      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
lol, i talked to it as well, you can't get a straight answer out of it at all... It did tell me it liked little girls tho (seriously it did!) Well.........maybe I manipulated it to say that..

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted November 23, 2002 05:07      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Well it said something about unicorns and little girls so i said "You like little girls??! you sicko!!" and it said "that depends" and I said "on what?" and it said "oh, your're a smart one you are" and I asked it again and it said "absolutely, every day of the week"

--------------------

- Nietzsche

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 23, 2002 09:01      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
roflmao! That's too rich, Slurry!

heheheheheheheh, I think we are far from actual AI that makes sense.

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted November 23, 2002 11:04      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Not your conversation. I've seen one of the AI bot things around. I don't remember where I saw it though.

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 23, 2002 21:21      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Ah, okay. It all makes sense now....

All times are Central Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community