my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » Other   » Stupid Stuff   » Microsoft sux0rz!

Printable Version
Author Topic: Microsoft sux0rz!
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 22, 2002 11:16      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
A few weeks back, I bought MechCommander 2. After playing MechCommander Gold and finding it to my liking, I thought that 2 would be a great game.

Yesterday, I finally found some spare time and decided to install it. The installation went beautifully. Then, the trouble started. Whenever I tried to play the game, I kept recieving an error that said the CD couldn't be located. The disk was in the drive the whole time. Still, it insisted that it couldn't be found.

Maybe it had something to do with my disk drive configuration, seeing how when I removed my Zip drive, it changed the letters on my other CD drives. Although I corrected this, I figured it still might be a problem. So, I tried a different game. There wasn't any problems. Then I decided to try the game on my other computer. I recieved the same exact error.

Finally, I surfed to the Microsoft site (because the game was made by Microsoft) and searched around for a solution. All I found was a heap of other problems. First off, there was no patch for the game released yet, which seemed strange because the game has been out for a while. Oh well, no big deal. From what I could tell, other gamers must've been having the same problem, because I found various info on my particular problem. However, all of the suggestions offered by Microsoft lead nowhere. The problem ensued. In addition to that known problem, it appeared that the game would not run on the majority of video cards out there. So then I began to panick; another problem could be in my future if I ever do get into the game.

Finally, I gave up on Microsoft and after some searching managed to get my hands on a no-CD crack. Luckily, the crack worked and I was finally able to play the game. I did not run into any of the graphics card problems detailed by other users on either of my computer.

Damn it, Microsoft, if there are THAT many KNOWN errors in a game, why the hell don't you make a patch that can correct 'em?! If you don't have the time to toil with computer games, then don't even bother making them! ARG!

Moral of the story: Microsoft sux0rz!

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
jello
Wandering Hero
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted November 22, 2002 12:27      Profile for jello   Email jello   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
wait, was Microsoft the publisher, or the developper?...

anyways, I never buy games. Unless they're <= 15$.

I have the original fallouts tho
Fallout1, my friend gave it,
Fallout2, 15$.
tactics, yet have to get it....

--------------------

jump on her and demand sex!

Posts: 399 | From: montreal | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 22, 2002 12:51      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Eh, I don't know for sure. Everything I've seen on the box, on the game, in the game, and in the manuals that came with it only listed one company. Microsoft. And believe me, the name is all over it.

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted November 22, 2002 13:34      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
LOL! Yeah Microsoft is just a big corporation that nobody needs!

Posts: 2150 | From: Sconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Heero Yuy
Vault Champion
Member # 8

Member Rated:

posted November 22, 2002 14:29      Profile for Heero Yuy   Email Heero Yuy   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Stapes you are so wrong. You really have no clue in the world do you Stapes...

--------------------

"I'll give you just one piece of advice... Dying hurts like hell." - Heero Yuy

Posts: 937 | From: Classified | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 22, 2002 15:28      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Ace, that's the way the majority think around here (here being the USA). I know it seems dumb, but that's what American society has been proclaiming for years.

Eh, sorry, getting off-topic. Microsoft is useful, but I don't think they should take part in making games. They should concentrate on software and operating systems.

Besides, I doubt they make an abundance from games anyway. It's probably only a very small fraction of their profits.

Heero Yuy
Vault Champion
Member # 8

Member Rated:

posted November 22, 2002 19:40      Profile for Heero Yuy   Email Heero Yuy   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well you don't know how lucky you guys are. Tell me one operating system better than "Microsoft" XP Professional?

--------------------

"I'll give you just one piece of advice... Dying hurts like hell." - Heero Yuy

Posts: 937 | From: Classified | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted November 22, 2002 19:54      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
I'm running on Microsoft ME. I hate it.

I know what Microsoft means though Ace. I was just saying what Scotty just said. They shouldn't make games, but rather concentrate on making software for newer computers. If they concentrate on games, I think that they would go bankrupt.

The only games that I can stand that are made by Microsoft are Motocross Madness, Monster Truck Madness 2, and Midtown Madness. I haven't played any in ages and don't even know if they still work. I might go try playing them right about now.

Posts: 2150 | From: Sconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted November 23, 2002 05:22      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
If you can be arsed getting it Linux is pretty good competition for Windows, its really customisable and an increasing number of games are compatible with it. Because the code is availale to anyone there is a wide range of really nifty software available on the net for free. I mean Windows is my choice because its the least fuss but if you are a bit of a do it yourselfer you can get much more out of Linux.

I dislike Microsoft and I think they should stay the hell out of the console market but they do make decent OS's and Software. I admit their games tend to be a bit dodgy though.

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Posts: 950 | From: Perth West Australia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Central Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community