my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » Other   » Stupid Stuff   » F:BOS website up! (Page 2)

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 

Printable Version
Author Topic: F:BOS website up!
Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted May 13, 2003 21:57      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
I dunno, i guess your right...but its more noticable to me in Diablo for some reason. I would say that Diablo actually reduced my mental capacity for about three hours after i play it.

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Posts: 950 | From: Perth West Australia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted May 13, 2003 22:21      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
It does have a tendency to do that. But me, I have a lot of friends on there and I spend countless hours over the weekends playing it. To me, it has me brainwashed.

Posts: 2150 | From: Sconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted May 14, 2003 08:43      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
Well,what can ya do?
its just the way it is...

--------------------

No one is perfect

Posts: 756 | From: Israel | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted May 14, 2003 15:38      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Isn't that the truth? Last night after work, I played D2 for over 3 hours. It only felt like 1 hour though.

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 14, 2003 16:34      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
With the Diablo series, almost everyone thinks it is a clickathon.

And Stapes, I think you need time away from D2. Really man, you're almost always on there whenever you are online. I've been addicted to games before, but not to that point. After a few weeks it gets old and loses its challenge (this was especially true for Diablo 2, which has virtually no replay value).

BTW, if you want a game that really wastes your time, play Black & White. Time flies with that game.

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted May 14, 2003 18:05      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
I've played that game a couple of times at a friends house and literally think it is a crock of shit. To me, that has no point to it. That is just me, I don't know about you guys but I can't stand that game.

[ May 14, 2003: Message edited by: Stapes ]

MagiDeathTrixta

posted May 14, 2003 21:02          Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
my first question to u all is WUTS FALLOUT? lol

IP: Logged
Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted May 14, 2003 21:19      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Fallout is a popular game that was set in the past. Fallout 1 and 2 are awesome, but Tactics isn't all that great. You just go around and do certain quests and stuff like that. It isn't anything like Diablo or WC, it has guns, and stuff like that.

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 15, 2003 09:24      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Better description is as follows: Fallout and Fallout 2 (which takes place 80 years after the first) are set in a post-apocolyptic U.S.A. Basically, nuclear war consumed the world and destroyed practically everything. In F1, you start out as one of the lucky ones who managed to seek shelter from the nuclear blast by finding an large, underground vault. Several of these vaults were designed in order to protect certain citizens from the atomic devestation. Anyways, the water controller chip in the vault breaks, and you have to go out in the world and find a new one within a certain amount of time. It's a very great game, very challenging, and has a neat retro-50's feel to it. I would definetely recommend checking it out.

Plus, as for B&W, I have that game and used to play it a bunch. But that got old fast. Right now, I can only play the game for a few days at a time before taking a month break. Although it is a pretty fun game, it has more of a 'work' feel than a 'play' feel for me.

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted May 15, 2003 23:02      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Yeah, you'd be able to explain it better than I could. The only thing I'm wondering though is, WHERE THE HELL DID SLURRY GO TO?!?!?!?

*checks under the rock he is usually hiding under* SLURRY, YOU UNDER THERE!?!?!?!

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 16, 2003 06:56      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Neh, he probably just got lost in the Great Australian Forest again. [Tongue Job 1]

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted May 16, 2003 14:48      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
Why didnt ell the guy about F2?
Oh I guess Ill have to do everything by myself.
Ok, so its like that:
As Scotty said,F2 takes place 80 years after F1.
In F1,after u get the chip u save the world from the evil master,who created an army of super mutants.
After u kill him and blast the vats u return to ur vault.However your people dont take u back and u r exiled.
Sucks huh?
anyway u travel to the far north to a tribales village named Arroyo,and settele down there.
80 years pass,the vault dweller dies,but not before having some fun and bringing some kids to this world(yes u r one of them).
Your village is suffering from starvations,so u must find the holy GECK-Garden of Eden Creation Kit.
Its a vault tec device that can regenerate the earth.
U start this journy armed with a spear,but come back with much deadlyer toys such as plasma rifle,gauss rifle(yes my nick is based on this weapon-try it out and u will see why),minigun etc etc etc etc etc.....
The game contains many,many,MANY interestig quests,places,people,weapones and other stuff.
And its really long and interesting,so buy it now!
or download it from Kazaa like I did....

--------------------

No one is perfect

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 16, 2003 16:06      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yup, that pretty much somes it up.

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted May 16, 2003 16:24      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
I knew that but was too lazy to post about it.

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted May 16, 2003 17:14      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
Sure,sure....

--------------------

No one is perfect

MagiDeathTrixta

posted May 16, 2003 20:12          Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
alryte so this game is played on the net?

IP: Logged
Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted May 16, 2003 21:05      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
No, the game is just single player. The only game in the series that you can play online is Fallout Tactics. Tactics isn't all that great of a game, but it isn't all that bad either.

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted May 17, 2003 05:54      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
*jumps out from behind a bush* yeah i've been off wrestling crocodiles and riding kangaroos and drinking beer...you know

No the truth is less cool...i was at my dads house and his computer is a crock of shit and the internet isnt working...f$#king old computers..grrr

Yeah i thought Black and White was ok but I never really dig god games..dunno why.

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 17, 2003 14:10      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Well, we're glad to have you back. Now get back to work! [Tongue Job 1]

Tactics isn't all that great, true. So go out and get F1 and F2! They are now selling for $10 for the both of them. It's a good deal.

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted May 18, 2003 12:16      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Are you talking about the Fallout pack where you get 2 of them for $10?

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted May 19, 2003 00:33      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
lol some games make you think about them so much there isnt any room for normal thought. It makes you go all preoccupied. Like Final Fantasy games, they do that to me.

--------------------

- Nietzsche

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 19, 2003 16:01      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yeah, I'm talkin' about the dual pack. And I'm not quite sure what Slurry is talking about, so....... *backs away slowly*

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted May 19, 2003 18:48      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
*Puts gun to Scotty's back* Ok, now walk toward Slurry and hand me all of your um...money?....yeah......money! Hand over all of your money! You too Crocodile Hunter! I know you made big bucks with that last movie you did!

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted May 19, 2003 23:34      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
(wtf what was i talking about?... that last post was all out of context-y)

I don't keep my money on my Mate, its all stashed inside my secret vault. Wanna know where it is? You know that big rock in the center of australia called Ayers rock? The f^%king big one? That ain't no rock cobbers

--------------------

- Nietzsche

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted May 20, 2003 07:34      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Damn, I already blew that place up. Stole all the money from their already. Shoot. I actually thought that I had found a pirates treasure or something. Oh well.

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted May 20, 2003 07:53      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
*gets a call on his mobile phone*

Oh hey how are you mate? Hows my vault....WHAT!?...ALL OF IT?....PLASTIC EXPLO
SIVES???...what do you MEAN decapitated?!....you are so fucking fired!!

*hangs up*

now where were we?

--------------------

- Nietzsche

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 20, 2003 07:58      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Damn it, Slurry, you didn't have to fire me!

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted May 20, 2003 21:33      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Sorry I had to use the Plastic explosives. I thought that the uh Rocket Launcher was a little inappropriate. Thanks for givin me the explosives though Scotty!

Oh and about your decapitated friend, he tried stealing some money from me so I had to kill him. Oh well!

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 20, 2003 22:14      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
*looks around* Violence. Far-fetched plot. Dumb foolishness.

So where the hell is Ace? If this convo doesn't draw him back, he may be lost for good.

*tosses a body part at Stapes*

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted May 20, 2003 23:26      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
*ducks out of the way* Dang it Scotty. You were the one that gave them to me!

As for Ace, I don't know. Another thing, you might want to move this to Stupid Stuff. This is kinda out of hand for being in the Fallout BoS forum.

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 21, 2003 06:55      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yeah, I thought about that. Maybe I will in a few days. I wanna see where this topic goes yet.

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted May 21, 2003 23:14      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Maybe we need t summon him, y'know like draw some arcane symbols on the floor and burn some candles and chant in ancient languages...oh and we need to sacrifice Stapes as well!! ill go sharpen the knife...

Na seriously Stapes is right, we should probably move thias thread or get back on track

--------------------

- Nietzsche

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 22, 2003 06:57      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Fine, I'll move it then if you guys insist.

And to let ya know, I did e-mail Ace and Wolfy a few days ago. Haven't gotten word back from either one yet.

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted May 22, 2003 15:33      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Go figure. Nobody ever either checks their e-mail or they delete the stuff right away.

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 22, 2003 15:57      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yeah, which isn't good if anything is ever expected to get done around here. If neither of 'em get back to me soon, I may have to temporarily remove them from power.

All times are Central Time
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community