Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » Other   » Stupid Stuff   » For you Final Fantansy Fans...

Printable Version
Author Topic: For you Final Fantansy Fans...
The_Lonely_Phox
Wanderer
Member # 147

Rate Member

posted November 07, 2003 23:36      Profile for The_Lonely_Phox   Email The_Lonely_Phox   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post
Two things are currntly happening with FF if u didnt already know, first theres gonna be a Final Fanstasy 7 movie, its based 2 years after the ff7 game, it includes cloud and seph. ill keep the juicy deatils to myself.

Also theres gonna be a Final Fantasy X-2 game, which is weird b/c techinally its ff11 but in the traditional sense ff games differs from every game like a totally different planet, but ffX-2 cant be said to be ff11 for that reason same as mystic quest and final fantasy tactics can be called other ff numbers....just some usless info.

--------------------

"Death is the passage of life into the next"-unknown
"a noob is just an unexperianced veteran"-me to raz 2004

Posts: 84 | From: Cincinnati OH, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jim
Wandering Hero
Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted November 08, 2003 00:11      Profile for Jim   Email Jim   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 191605699
I've got FFVIII and it is very good.

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Gauss:
Look whos talking,the least posting member of the community.

Posts: 243 | From: Greece | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ratty
Wandering Champion
Member # 138

Member Rated:

posted November 08, 2003 06:46      Profile for Ratty     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post
I think Final Fantasy is one of the most boring, half-assed, shallow games that ever polluted the gaming world. Thank God they aren't converting them to PC anymore.

Well, that's just my opinion...

--------------------

Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors.
But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love.

CaliberOnzo
Wandering Hero
Member # 136

Member Rated:

posted November 08, 2003 07:15      Profile for CaliberOnzo   Author's Homepage   Email CaliberOnzo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 163194783   
Hey,

I've played a super nintendo rom but I think it sux

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Ratty:
You're now the official lazy-ass of the Order.

Posts: 313 | From: Netherlands, Woerden | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted November 08, 2003 11:05      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 131549933
I'm with you Ratty, FF sucks major donkey balls.

Posts: 2150 | From: Sconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
The_Lonely_Phox
Wanderer
Member # 147

Rate Member

posted November 08, 2003 20:13      Profile for The_Lonely_Phox   Email The_Lonely_Phox   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post
lol, also since ur stating your opinions ill state mine, i think u havent lived till uve beaten every FF game out there, there well made and have great storylines, if u say FF sux what games rules then? not many can match them, Fallout is good but but doesnt even come close to the final fantasys....ill stop there i can go on forever =p

--------------------

CaliberOnzo
Wandering Hero
Member # 136

Member Rated:

posted November 09, 2003 04:31      Profile for CaliberOnzo   Author's Homepage   Email CaliberOnzo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 163194783   
Hey,

Well you can also stop on this forum now I guess! You've violated all rules by saying FF is better then Fallout no game is better then Fallout! I think you will have to make a vow now or something! You violated this message board! What did I write message board I mean Community!

[ November 09, 2003: Message edited by: CaliberOnzo ]

--------------------

quote:

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted November 09, 2003 07:01      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 106347609   
*runs over and shakes Phox's hand vigorously*

Finally!, another FF fan in this place! I didn't know how much longer i could stand these heathens mouthing off alone, lol If it wasn't for their superb taste in liking Fallout I would explode them!

Im a big fan of FF 1-10 and hav played them all pretty much to death. Im surprised to hear that Square would go for another movie after the flop that was The Spirits Within (loved the graphics, hated the plot and the hackneyed cliches, i mean 'lets do this thing', ffs!! i can barely keep my dinner down!!).
They were going to make a PS2 remake of 7 but according to scuttlebutt they had to give up on it because they lost so much money on the movie, and had to sell a majority of shares to Sony, which is why FF will always be on the playstation.

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Posts: 950 | From: Perth West Australia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted November 09, 2003 07:44      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 292282245
Yep its on PS2 aright...
I only saw the snes roms..if not the ugly terrible graphics it could b ok...but the game is too damn hard,u just have 2 b like lvl 99 to beat the boss.

--------------------

No one is perfect

Posts: 756 | From: Israel | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
The_Lonely_Phox
Wanderer
Member # 147

Rate Member

posted November 09, 2003 10:14      Profile for The_Lonely_Phox   Email The_Lonely_Phox   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post
not realy guass, the boss of every game isnt the hardest boss, take ff 8, the last boss is easy but try fighting Omega-Weapon at 1 million hp (999,999 to be exact =p) is nearly impossable, but u get the best spell in the game if u do =)

--------------------

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted November 09, 2003 10:44      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 292282245
Dont know what the hell u talk about lol...
I told u i played only the snes ff...and was close to finish it but this NeoExdeath was too damn strong 4 me..

--------------------

No one is perfect

Posts: 756 | From: Israel | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
CaliberOnzo
Wandering Hero
Member # 136

Member Rated:

posted November 09, 2003 12:48      Profile for CaliberOnzo   Author's Homepage   Email CaliberOnzo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 163194783   
Hey,

Hello! Did anybody hear him he said FF is better then Fallout for crying out loud!

--------------------

quote:

The_Lonely_Phox
Wanderer
Member # 147

Rate Member

posted November 09, 2003 14:40      Profile for The_Lonely_Phox   Email The_Lonely_Phox   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post
cause it is =p

--------------------

Ratty
Wandering Champion
Member # 138

Member Rated:

posted November 09, 2003 14:58      Profile for Ratty     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post
Anal Fantasy is just a shallow and ugly anime adventure game (you can hardly call it an RPG). Fallout, on the other hand, is a superb masterpiece thats complexity and ingenious design cannot be matched by ANY game, and ESPECIALLY not Anal Fantasy. I have very low esteem for all console games (aside from few worthy exceptions), and FF's mediocrity really doesn't help it stand out among its unremarkable brethern.

Friendly note, Lonely Phox: though glorifying a silly console title is okay, claiming that it beats all Fallout games on a forum full of hardcore Fallout fans is not a good way to make friends.

--------------------

The_Lonely_Phox
Wanderer
Member # 147

Rate Member

posted November 09, 2003 15:01      Profile for The_Lonely_Phox   Email The_Lonely_Phox   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post
im here to state my opinion, as your entitled to yours, not my prob your offended just ignore it,if your that buged by it ill just leave. doesnt matter to me. is this why noone joins? u run everyone off.

--------------------

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted November 09, 2003 21:08      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 131549933
Phox, just to let you know, FINAL FANTASY IS THE WORST GAME EVER MADE!

You want to know some good games? Try WarCraft, WarCraft 2, WarCraft 3, Diablo, Diablo 2, Diablo 2 LOD! Those and the Fallouts (obviously).

Posts: 2150 | From: Sconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted November 10, 2003 06:48      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 106347609   
Ok ok calm down guys, we have all been here before, only last time it was just me on the FF side of the argument. Ratty you can mouth off FF all you want but its one of those things you love or hate, just because you hate it does not mean that it is
quote:
a shallow and ugly anime adventure game
. It is one of the least shallow gaming series there is and while FF7 was about as beautiful as a rottweilers arse in many places, 8 and 10 have some of the most thoroughly designed and aesthetically beautiful scenery in any game i have ever known, including Fallout which is intentionally ugly (but in a well designed consumately wonderful way). It is very japanese however and rather cutesy and insipid at times but whats the harm in that?

Please no comebacks, im just stating my take on what u said. But i definately agree that Fallout has a more special place in my game shelf than FF

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted November 10, 2003 06:54      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 106347609   
I think that we should focus not on games we disagree on, but Fallout, the wonderful game series that we all love, hence the reason this is not 'Scotty the Great's I hate Final Fantasy Community' lol
Phox didn't know that he was stirring up a nasty issue we avoid when he started this forum, most people on the net seem to be ff fans to some degree (yeah i know not really but seriously you guys are the only FF haters i have ever seen gatherered in a big group). I think you guys should try not to be rude and insulting about his comments. I mean you may have opinions but how would you feel if you just arrived and people were attacking your opinions? A bit of decorum please.

--------------------

- Nietzsche

Ratty
Wandering Champion
Member # 138

Member Rated:

posted November 10, 2003 09:56      Profile for Ratty     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post
I'm not really an FF hater, I just dislike the game, as well as all other Japanese RPGs. Phox, calm down, nobody wants you to leave. I was merely telling you that some people (like Stapes here) will be pissed off if you insist on insulting Fallout by claiming it's no match for Anal...errr, Final Fantasy. You are free to express your opinion, nobody can deny you that right, not on this forum or any other (well, certain individuals on NMA make an exception of this rule...), but some statements will provoke people into flaming you a lot.

--------------------

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 10, 2003 10:21      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 83373429
Alright, this looks about my time to step in. Phox, I don't want you to leave (hell, you just got here) because of this. I'm sure it's not the best experience to have this happen to you after you first arrive, but take my word for it that this is a rarity. Most of the time everyone is cooler than this.

I think it would be safer to just add Final Fantasy to the list of topics that cause spam and flames. Guys, just relax, and Phox, give us another chance.

I'm closing this topic, because like the entire Tactics argument between me and rad, nothing is going to be gained by this thread. It's cool to share your ideas and say what you think. But you guys that don't like FF, just don't read the threads (hell, if you guys would've read the topic of this thread you would've left it alone unless you are a FF fan). Got it? Good. Now I've gotta get back to my studies.

[ November 10, 2003: Message edited by: Scotty the Great ]

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
PIPBoy2000
Wandering Champion
Member # 133

Member Rated:

posted November 10, 2003 21:20      Profile for PIPBoy2000   Email PIPBoy2000   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post
Thanks for the news Phox, I would have posted sooner, but I'm kind of out of it (tired).

Final Fantasy IMHO is the best SERIES
(Besides Fallout of course... you all know that... well as long as Chucky doesn't fuck it up more than it already is...)

Well, I just wanted to get my piece in... I better lock this again... The boss it watching....

<_<
>_>

[ November 10, 2003: Message edited by: PIPBoy2000 ]

[ November 10, 2003: Message edited by: PIPBoy2000 ]

--------------------

I sometimes get lonely on the weekends...

All times are Central Time  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community