Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » Other   » Stupid Stuff   » One Sentence Thingy

Printable Version
Author Topic: One Sentence Thingy
The_Lonely_Phox
Wanderer
Member # 147

Rate Member

posted November 10, 2003 21:20      Profile for The_Lonely_Phox   Email The_Lonely_Phox   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post
Ok ill re-open this but ill let the next person start ill state some rules...

1. ONE SENTENCE! UNLESS YOUR THE STARTER YOU MAY DISCRIBE THE BACKGROUND (keyword:MAY)
2. NO LAME CRAP (ex.-I have 1 billion soldiers and have fired 100 nucular missiles at you)
3. be kinda realistic (i like the prison thing from b4)
4. we need at last 1 villian and maximum of 3
5. try and relate to fallout =)
6. NO SPAMS PLZ (ex-some one posts "hey whats up phox" ect.)
7. Break a rule i break your face ~thank you
8. have fun, no insulting ect.
9. read all rules
10. tried for a rule 10.....

LET IT BEGIN!!! 9=p

[ November 10, 2003: Message edited by: The_Lonely_Phox ]

--------------------

"Death is the passage of life into the next"-unknown
"a noob is just an unexperianced veteran"-me to raz 2004

Posts: 84 | From: Cincinnati OH, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
PIPBoy2000
Wandering Champion
Member # 133

Member Rated:

posted November 10, 2003 21:27      Profile for PIPBoy2000   Email PIPBoy2000   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post
Pip is walking down the road with Rad, Rad trips and skins his knee.

(BTW, if this gets out of line which it probably will, I'll end up locking it, after all it IS spam...)

--------------------

I sometimes get lonely on the weekends...

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted November 11, 2003 04:41      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 292282245
(yea but remember this IS stupid stuff forum)
"Are u alright RAD?!"

--------------------

No one is perfect

Posts: 756 | From: Israel | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
The_Lonely_Phox
Wanderer
Member # 147

Rate Member

posted November 11, 2003 12:00      Profile for The_Lonely_Phox   Email The_Lonely_Phox   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post
Phox Wakes Up*

(i did put this in stupid crap,if you close it for that reason, WHY have a stupid forum)

[ November 11, 2003: Message edited by: The_Lonely_Phox ]

--------------------

rad-x
Vault Citizen
Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted November 12, 2003 10:22      Profile for rad-x     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post
"I'm fine, thank you SUSAN."

--------------------

As I gaze up at the night sky in my own fair time, I look back down and see the devastation. This post-nuclear world. It's terrible. But at least we got Nuka-Cola, warm and flat, the drink of the post-apocalyptic civiliztion. Generation Next!

Posts: 466 | From: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted November 12, 2003 15:04      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 292282245
"Good! now move your ass and continue pushing the car u lazy bum!"

--------------------

No one is perfect

Posts: 756 | From: Israel | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
rad-x
Vault Citizen
Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted November 12, 2003 15:37      Profile for rad-x     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post
"As a Head Scribe, I must inform you that the pen is mightier than the sword."

--------------------

As I gaze up at the night sky in my own fair time, I look back down and see the devastation. This post-nuclear world. It's terrible. But at least we got Nuka-Cola, warm and flat, the drink of the post-apocalyptic civiliztion. Generation Next!

The_Lonely_Phox
Wanderer
Member # 147

Rate Member

posted November 13, 2003 08:54      Profile for The_Lonely_Phox   Email The_Lonely_Phox   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post
*Walks to shower and undresses* =)

--------------------

rad-x
Vault Citizen
Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted November 13, 2003 11:19      Profile for rad-x     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post
Then Rad stabbed Gauss with a pen.

--------------------

PIPBoy2000
Wandering Champion
Member # 133

Member Rated:

posted November 14, 2003 14:21      Profile for PIPBoy2000   Email PIPBoy2000   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post
Compliments Rad, "Wow Rad, very nice poke!"

--------------------

rad-x
Vault Citizen
Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted November 14, 2003 16:16      Profile for rad-x     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post
Everyone got into the car and Rad pushed it, before he realised all of them were falling down a cliff and into a giant version of Scotty's mouth.

--------------------

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted November 14, 2003 21:30      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 131549933
(thinks that PIP should just close this right now, because as we said before, IT IS SPAM and completely stupid)

On another note, Phox, the main reason we have a stupid stuff forum, is because of just stupid stuff that is happening in our lives. Not for spamming. Spamming is not tolerated in the other forums, but it is a little more lenient in here. I still think that if we start following the rules, we should have to follow all of them, including the spamming.

[ November 14, 2003: Message edited by: Stapes ]

Posts: 2150 | From: Sconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted November 14, 2003 22:48      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 106347609   
Yeah, its starting to bore me immensely [Disapprove]

I wouldn't really call this spam, but Stapes has a point, this is pretty dumb

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Posts: 950 | From: Perth West Australia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted November 14, 2003 22:59      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 131549933
Slurry, it is Spam though. All it is doing is having people post one sentence. They can just do that for hours. 'Oh, someone else is posting in OST, I think I'll wait until he's done, then post and wait till he posts to post again!' That would be spamming. Just posting seconds after a post.

PIPBoy2000
Wandering Champion
Member # 133

Member Rated:

posted November 14, 2003 23:08      Profile for PIPBoy2000   Email PIPBoy2000   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post
Locked for Stapes' bitching.

It actually is spam.... I agree.

[ November 14, 2003: Message edited by: PIPBoy2000 ]

--------------------

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 16, 2003 13:22      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 83373429
*beats back Stapes with a stick* Easy now, don't overstep your power boundaries.

For all of you guys that don't remember or know what this is about, read the original one that I started. Sure, this could be considered spam. But hell, it is also fun. What's the point of having a Community if everyone is supposed to be serious all the time and have no chance of having a little pointless fun? I've seen all of us here spam already in different threads on many occassions. The only difference between that and this thread is that here it is more organized and we all know it is spam.

Plus, I think you all can logically tell when this goes too far. The first one went to far by the time it was over, and needed to be closed. There was no more story, and it was just off-the-wall posts. As long as the topic serves its purpose of having everyone tell a somewhat logical story, then it is doing what it is intended to do. Besides, if you guys didn't like it because it was spam, you should've said something right away when I started it. Regardless though, I am opening this topic again. Right now, it isn't open for the sake of being a 'one sentence contribution' thread, but just for discussion about it. Say what you want to say here.

And PIP, you're Sergeant now. I don't want you to jump every time a Proconsul member says something. Make your own calls, and do what you think is right.

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
PIPBoy2000
Wandering Champion
Member # 133

Member Rated:

posted November 17, 2003 19:27      Profile for PIPBoy2000   Email PIPBoy2000   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post
I'm not Stapes' bitch, read the first post I made in this thread, I gave this thread the title of spam. So

Love ya Scotty.

--------------------

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 17, 2003 20:35      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 83373429
quote:
Originally posted by PIPBoy2000:
Love ya Scotty.

*blushes and gigles like a little school girl*

But remember, you did say

quote:
Originally posted by PIPBoy2000:
Locked for Stapes' bitching.

and hence my deduction.

Spiffy, though; either way, I think a break from the one sentence thing would do some good. I mean, it was fun when it first started, but seems to be losing it's touch. So maybe a break would be good, but I don't want to ban it for good. Someday it may return, but right now I think it would be best to let it rest. Hopefully that'll please everyone.

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted November 17, 2003 21:35      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 131549933
The only reason I'm bitching about it, is because it is so pointless. Nobody is actually following any of the story anymore, and when the story actually looks like it is getting good, people have to go and make it so fucking stupid that nobody ever wants to participate in it anymore. That is the main reason that I wanted this one closed. After about 5 posts, I already wanted to throw up because it was so stupid and nobody was following the damned storyline.

rad-x
Vault Citizen
Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted November 18, 2003 02:14      Profile for rad-x     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post
You had no right to post all over the thread and 'recommend' Pip lock it. I don't care what you think of the story, that's something you don't do.

I wish all you guys would go get a real problem and leave this alone.

[ November 18, 2003: Message edited by: rad-x ]

--------------------

CaliberOnzo
Wandering Hero
Member # 136

Member Rated:

posted November 18, 2003 03:34      Profile for CaliberOnzo   Author's Homepage   Email CaliberOnzo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 163194783   
Hey,

(you didn't see this)

[ November 18, 2003: Message edited by: CaliberOnzo ]

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Ratty:
You're now the official lazy-ass of the Order.

Posts: 313 | From: Netherlands, Woerden | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 18, 2003 08:15      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 83373429
BANZ0RED!!!

Yeah, seriously, rad is right. We don't have it all that hard here. Other forums have a shitload of spam and people that push the rules. This place has always had a sense of calm though. No real problems. So getting bent out of shape so much by this tad bit of spamerific fun seems useless.

The_Lonely_Phox
Wanderer
Member # 147

Rate Member

posted November 19, 2003 09:31      Profile for The_Lonely_Phox   Email The_Lonely_Phox   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post
um..ok was this supposed to be a game or a place where everyone argues about spam.....

--------------------

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 19, 2003 10:41      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 83373429
lol, you have a point, it was supposed to be a game.

But some people seem to want to argue it as spam. Oh well; all I can say is that a break from the one sentence thingy would probably be the best. :s

Jim
Wandering Hero
Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted November 20, 2003 06:03      Profile for Jim   Email Jim   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 191605699
yeah! it is kinda stupid.the first one was perfect but I think it has already lost its sense

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Gauss:
Look whos talking,the least posting member of the community.

Posts: 243 | From: Greece | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
The_Lonely_Phox
Wanderer
Member # 147

Rate Member

posted November 20, 2003 08:55      Profile for The_Lonely_Phox   Email The_Lonely_Phox   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post
ok then, since noone wants to play and since i created it, i propose for a mod. to close this topic down. since noone wants to take it seriously and just argue...

--------------------

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted November 20, 2003 11:35      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 131549933
Well, if you would have read what Scotty posted before. He said it is for arguing the topic and not playing the damned game. Just this one though.

Seriously though Scotty, you yourself said that you were becoming more of a stickler on the rules. One of our major rules is, NO SPAM!

quote:
Spam and Flames
All spam and flame posts will be deleted instantly when found by either the Sheriff/Custom's Official, a Forum Officer, or the First Citizen. The person who made the post will suffer consequences, which could be either minor or severe, depending on the severity of the post. The person may even be permanently banned for a first-time offense. However, if the person isn't banned and then continues to spam or post flame messages, they will be banned instantly by the First Citizen when the post(s) is/are found. Also note that IF YOU ARE BANNED FROM THE FORUMS BECAUSE OF SPAM OR FLAME POSTS, YOU WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE COMMUNITY INDEFINITELY.
Taken directly from the Regs.

I'm the Custom's Official, and if I see spam, I should be able to delete it right away! Therefore, I should have some power to be able to open/close topics, delete posts, etc.!

Then I looked a little closer into the Regs,

quote:
Custom's Official
The person who holds this position is of the next highest rank of the Proconsul. He/she will receive the join forms from new potential members and add them to the Member's List. Also, he/she will have to keep track of the activity of all members and remove any inactive members from the Member's List. The only time that an inactive member will remain on the list is if they have taken a Leave of Absence and have e-mailed the Custom's Official and informed him/her of the leave. More information about Leave's of Absences can be found in the General Regulations section.
Isn't it a little weird how that works?

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 20, 2003 13:32      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 83373429
Yeah, well, I all but straight out said that the one sentence thingy would be spam when I created the first one. Besides, if we ran this place with an iron fist, I doubt anyone would stay. And besides, the one sentence thingy was supposed to be a fun activity that everyone could participate in. Personally, I think there has to be some leniency somewhere within the rules.

Also, Stapes, that part of the Regulations was a mistake. When the Sergeant/Custom's Official was the same position, it was right; after the two positions were seperated, though, it changed. I simply overlooked changing that part of the Regulations though. So no, you don't have any such power. Deal with it; you're not gonna win this one.

The_Lonely_Phox
Wanderer
Member # 147

Rate Member

posted November 21, 2003 08:55      Profile for The_Lonely_Phox   Email The_Lonely_Phox   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post
restart-
"Phox is running along and sees scotty"

--------------------

Danoth Dragon God
Wandering Hero
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted November 21, 2003 10:47      Profile for Danoth Dragon God   Email Danoth Dragon God   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   
(I am most confused by the whole spam 1 sentance issue. it seems pretty harmless. its just kinda like a fanfic written by multiple members of the community...)

*Danoth stumbles out of a nearby sanddune.*

[ November 21, 2003: Message edited by: Danoth Dragon God ]

--------------------

HAHAHAHA! Your lord of chaos has come, feel my wrath and tremble!!! For the Earth will burn with a fiery light and be purifyed and the corruption of the light will be cleansed with darkness

Posts: 259 | From: Windsor, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jim
Wandering Hero
Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted November 21, 2003 12:54      Profile for Jim   Email Jim   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 191605699
(ok I'II try to participate in this)
Jim appeared behind the tree shadows

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Gauss:
Look whos talking,the least posting member of the community.

Posts: 243 | From: Greece | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Danoth Dragon God
Wandering Hero
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted November 21, 2003 13:12      Profile for Danoth Dragon God   Email Danoth Dragon God   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   
(what trees, we're in the wastelands. I was thinking trees until I remembered wastes...)
Danoth Stumbles toward jim

--------------------

HAHAHAHA! Your lord of chaos has come, feel my wrath and tremble!!! For the Earth will burn with a fiery light and be purifyed and the corruption of the light will be cleansed with darkness

Posts: 259 | From: Windsor, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted November 21, 2003 19:48      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 131549933
quote:
Originally posted by Scotty the Great:
Oh well; all I can say is that a break from the one sentence thingy would probably be the best. :s

Just a quick question! WHY MUST YOU PISS ME OFF AFTER SCOTTY SAID A BREAK WOULD BE BEST!?!?!?!?!?

We don't need to restart something when a break is needed. It shouldn't be started up for at least a couple of WEEKS. That is usually what a break is, a couple WEEKS.

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 21, 2003 22:41      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 83373429
Yes, yes. Stapes does have a point, even though I would prefer to see it presented with less yelling.

I'm now closing this thread, and for the sake of everyone's sanity, I'm asking that nobody start another one for a couple of weeks.

All times are Central Time  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community