my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » Other   » Stupid Stuff   » Hey! What other games you guys play?

Printable Version
Author Topic: Hey! What other games you guys play?
Keln
Outsider
Member # 154

Rate Member

posted December 03, 2003 09:41      Profile for Keln   Email Keln   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey! What other games do you guys play? Eh?

I'm a fulltime World War 2 Online player myself. Here's my squads website: 3rd Panzergruppe. If you ever want to play this game, go German. Trust me, the Allies are mostly 12 yr olds who play frag-em games in thier spare time.

I also play Empire Earth (yeah, I still play it and I still make scenarios and campaigns).

I STILL play Star Wars Rebellion (please don't laugh at me, I still enjoy building fleets of Star Destroyers).

I play lots of older games, because, well, I just haven't bought any in a while I guess. I'm big into war/strategy games.

Of course, recently since I found that dusty old Fallout 2 CD...I've been playing nothing but. W00t for a good game.

What about you folks? What games do you like to play?

--------------------

"I'm tryin' to like people, it's just so hard filtering out all the stupid ones."

Posts: 28 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Danoth Dragon God
Wandering Hero
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted December 03, 2003 11:57      Profile for Danoth Dragon God   Email Danoth Dragon God   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
Im big on the Final fantasys, but there was an argument here bofre your time so I wont go into the good parts of the FF series. I like WW2 games a lot too, Call Of duty is so fun I cant stop playing it and ive only got the demo. I used to play MMORPGs constantly, but I have not had the financial resources recently... Yeah... But tahts about it other than a ton of Unreal Tournament... Then of course there is always starcraft... which we all know is a classic...

[ December 03, 2003: Message edited by: Danoth Dragon God ]

--------------------

HAHAHAHA! Your lord of chaos has come, feel my wrath and tremble!!! For the Earth will burn with a fiery light and be purifyed and the corruption of the light will be cleansed with darkness

Posts: 259 | From: Windsor, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted December 03, 2003 14:49      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Basically, I just play games on PS2. Mostly wrestling games or sports games.

Posts: 2150 | From: Sconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 03, 2003 22:21      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
I haven't played any good games lately. However, my favorites (besides F1 and 2) have to be any games of the Mechwarrior series, Diablo, Diablo 2, and Warcraft 2.

And don't get me started on Starcraft.

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
PIPBoy2000
Wandering Champion
Member # 133

Member Rated:

posted December 03, 2003 22:58      Profile for PIPBoy2000   Email PIPBoy2000   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No Scotty, this is the "Stupid Forum" let's get you started on starcraft. I think it's great, and you think that it's just a shit-faced copy of warcraft II? No. It has style, a particular way to do everything that is set aside from warcraft II, and that's why I like it. It also doesn't limit your gameplay to just two races "Orc" and "Human". Starcraft having three, "Terran", "Protoss", and "Zerg". All with a completely different style, just like in Warcraft 2, but you have more freedom here.

Personally, what I think is the greatest thing about Starcraft is that you can place triggers in the game, thus being able to make what they call "Use Map Settings" type games. It's quite fun. Some people who are talented with some form of the mapper have made Starcraft's version of Final Fantasty, Smash T.V., Mario, Super Mutant Ninja Turtles, the list is endless.

PLUS!!! Warcraft 2 is old!! With inferior graphics and other stuff that gets old...
Warcraft 2 hurts my eyes because of the "Mario" like environment. Starcraft, on the other hand is nice and suttle.

Well, thats my two cents....STICK THAT IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT!

--------------------

I sometimes get lonely on the weekends...

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 04, 2003 08:28      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Ok, now before I have to leave for class let's see what I can post:

I played Warcraft 2 and was an avid fan way before playing Starcraft. But I heard all the hype about how Starcraft was so great, so decided to get it many a few years ago. I loaded it onto my computer, eagerly awaiting what would be 't3h r0x0rz' of computer gaming. But damn, was I disappointed.

Instinctivly, I got the feeling that I was playing the same game overa gain. I thought to myself: "The controls...... the settings...... the gameplay....... all familiar!" And all also from Warcraft 2. All Starcraft is is a futuristic version of WC2. Don't deny that; the general layout of the game play screen is even the same.

I had expected a completly different game, not one that seemed so much like WC2. Sure, it was spiffed out more in some aspects, but the fundamentals were the same. It almost seemed as if Blizzard decided one day "Well WC2 is selling well, so maybe we should make a futuristic space version of it with a new name!" And thus Starcraft was created.

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 04, 2003 11:53      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
I used to play Diablo 2:LoD a lot, but i recently quit. then i tried to play cs but my cd-key is being used(damn my brother who threw the original cd-key away) so i cant play that. Until i find a new cd-key i only play FO2

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Ratty:
You are now the Spam God of Fallout community!

Posts: 766 | From: Sweden, Luleå | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted December 04, 2003 17:59      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
yea! starcraft sucks! u show them Scotty.

--------------------

No one is perfect

Posts: 756 | From: Israel | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
PIPBoy2000
Wandering Champion
Member # 133

Member Rated:

posted December 04, 2003 19:32      Profile for PIPBoy2000   Email PIPBoy2000   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Scotty, I'm banning you.

--------------------

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 04, 2003 19:55      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Why? Because I speak the truth?

You know I wub j00

Keln
Outsider
Member # 154

Rate Member

posted December 05, 2003 01:08      Profile for Keln   Email Keln   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, I've only played Warcraft, so I dunno about Starcraft.

Pips, if you like map building with triggers and effects and all of that, you MUST check out Empire Earth. It's made by the same guys who did the Age of Empires games. It's the best of it's genre in my opinion. I personally rate it as one of the best games of all time. If you like RTS build and conquer games, it has everything from stone age to space age. And you don't have to advance ages in a game. So if you like mideval, u can play in that time period only. If you like WW2, they got that also.

But the scenario and campaign builder is unrivaled! I made a WW2 campaign including 6 scenarios. I used triggers and cinematics to produce an accurate scenario of the Blitzkrieg, and camera effects, terrain design, cinematics and voice clips to make an accurate scenario of the Pearl Harbor attack. I designed the Harbor down the the exact placement of every ship, the exact shape of the harbor itself, its layout, everything. Named every US and Japanese ship using triggers in conjunction with clicking the mouse in game. You can do ANYTHING you want with this builder. It's better than the game itself. I've seen lots of movies people made with the builder. My favorite was "The night Santa went crazy" by wierd al yankovik. Watching deer and elves get blown up by Atomic bombs to that tune was halarious.

So there ya go. If you like creating games and scenarios, check this out.

--------------------

"I'm tryin' to like people, it's just so hard filtering out all the stupid ones."

Posts: 28 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 05, 2003 02:36      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
yeah, weird al yankovic is cool

--------------------

quote:

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted December 05, 2003 08:02      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
hehehehe i have like 500 megs of his clips on my pc...

--------------------

No one is perfect

Posts: 756 | From: Israel | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 21, 2003 15:04      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
i have 1 gb free space and dont know what to do with it. its a pain. no, really!

--------------------

quote:

Scott Aran
Outsider
Member # 149

Rate Member

posted December 21, 2003 23:37      Profile for Scott Aran   Email Scott Aran   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
fill it with your spare time.
i like warcraft 2 better than starcraft but not as much as warcraft 3.starcraft is good as a stepping stone. but scotty how could you not see it? of course they were gonna be the same! they changed two letters! from w-st. i think of it as a waypoint between war2 and war3. i like the old ffs 1-7 i have played not all of those, but i like what ive seen and they are basicaly the same thing until 7 which is only diffrent because of graphics. go black mage! i like swords my self. can't really choose. no ill go bm.

plz don't kill me

--------------------

poster of none so much

Posts: 41 | From: keizer oregon | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 21, 2003 23:51      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Warcraft 3 was a good idea, but it had problems. I still will take 2 over 3 any day.

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 22, 2003 05:20      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
im not even going to reply that one.

--------------------

quote:

PIPBoy2000
Wandering Champion
Member # 133

Member Rated:

posted December 22, 2003 20:59      Profile for PIPBoy2000   Email PIPBoy2000   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Lets just agree that Fallout is better than both of them.

--------------------

All times are Central Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community