next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » Other   » Stupid Stuff   » Yo Scotty

Printable Version
Author Topic: Yo Scotty
CaliberOnzo
Wandering Hero
Member # 136

Member Rated:

posted January 06, 2004 08:19      Profile for CaliberOnzo   Author's Homepage   Email CaliberOnzo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 163194783   
Hey,

I can edit my posts again I was meant to be not able right? Oh woops my mouse must have slipped wrong forum please put it on the issues forum

[ January 06, 2004: Message edited by: CaliberOnzo ]

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Ratty:
You're now the official lazy-ass of the Order.

Posts: 313 | From: Netherlands, Woerden | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted January 06, 2004 12:06      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
yes youre supposed to be able to edit your posts. ive been able to do it since i got here anyway.

--------------------

quote:
You are now the Spam God of Fallout community!

Posts: 766 | From: Sweden, Luleå | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted January 06, 2004 13:35      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Editing = Good
Deleting = Bad

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted January 06, 2004 13:42      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
hey why is deleting sp bad? it just lowers your post count, which is a REALLY bad thing

--------------------

quote:

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted January 06, 2004 17:32      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
It doesn't lower the post count. Deleting posts used to be allowed until a couple of people got crazy and started fighting and then deleting their posts making the other person look really bad. That person got banned.

Posts: 2150 | From: Sconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted January 07, 2004 05:37      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
you mean like:

"you are a smelly bastard!"
"but you are an ugly cow!"

and one deleted his posts so that it looked like one of the persons was just insulting the others? which one of them was banned?

--------------------

quote:

CaliberOnzo
Wandering Hero
Member # 136

Member Rated:

posted January 07, 2004 09:23      Profile for CaliberOnzo   Author's Homepage   Email CaliberOnzo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 163194783   
Hey,

Sorry Scotty made a little mistake there the conversation was about deleting yea now I remember.... I'm just trying to fing a good forum issue

--------------------

quote:

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted January 07, 2004 10:58      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
i've noticed that. why dont you just say, "Yo scotty! everytime i answer a post a big dude barges into my house and rape my pets!!"

the big dude would probably be scotty or pip

--------------------

quote:

Jim
Wandering Hero
Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted January 07, 2004 12:14      Profile for Jim   Email Jim   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191605699
Scotty are you gonna create a new site? cause in one of your posts i understood something like that

[ January 07, 2004: Message edited by: Jim ]

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Gauss:
Look whos talking,the least posting member of the community.

Posts: 243 | From: Greece | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted January 07, 2004 13:02      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
he said he was moving to phpbb instead of something. that means that i will lose my post count! SUFFER WITH ME!

--------------------

quote:

CaliberOnzo
Wandering Hero
Member # 136

Member Rated:

posted January 07, 2004 13:12      Profile for CaliberOnzo   Author's Homepage   Email CaliberOnzo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 163194783   
Hey,

I was trying to get one of those boards on my website just now but I can't open the darn install.php with my browser it first asks if I want to open the file or save it when I do that I just get uh nothing actually it doenst open it So Scotty help me out here the PHP brothers won't LOL

--------------------

quote:

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted January 07, 2004 14:50      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yeah, I'm switching to phpBB.

Anyways, for your question, just go to your phpBB directory (something like http://www.mydomain.com/phpBB2/ ) and it should bring up the install script. At least it did for me. Also, if you try placing it in a different directory (originally I tried cgi-bin/phpBB2/ ) it probably won't work.

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted January 07, 2004 15:30      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
will i lose my post count!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!

--------------------

quote:

CaliberOnzo
Wandering Hero
Member # 136

Member Rated:

posted January 08, 2004 09:35      Profile for CaliberOnzo   Author's Homepage   Email CaliberOnzo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 163194783   
Hey,

It just brings up a .txt file is this supposed to be the install?

--------------------

quote:

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted January 08, 2004 11:19      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
WILL I LOSE MY POST COUNT!? WHO CARES ABOUT YOUR TXT IF IM GOING TO LOSE MY POST COUNT!??!?!??!

--------------------

quote:

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted January 08, 2004 23:42      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
It should have some fields and stuff you gotta fill in.

And Arcanus, it is a possibility. Relax though. I'll take care of it.

CaliberOnzo
Wandering Hero
Member # 136

Member Rated:

posted January 09, 2004 06:25      Profile for CaliberOnzo   Author's Homepage   Email CaliberOnzo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 163194783   
Hey,

Then it's probably something with the damn server well anyway i'm planning to get this site big and it will be once I am ready with it... I'll probably ask you for something then Scotty

--------------------

quote:

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted January 09, 2004 07:07      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
thats happened to all of us before, sometimes you just lose your post count....but its your ill gotten spamming gains, so you are best rid of it

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Posts: 950 | From: Perth West Australia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted January 09, 2004 08:02      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
nothing will change if i lose my post count, except i will spam your asses to the moon!

--------------------

quote:

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted January 09, 2004 08:14      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
well,then you will have to carry the consequences.

--------------------

No one is perfect

Posts: 756 | From: Israel | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
CaliberOnzo
Wandering Hero
Member # 136

Member Rated:

posted January 09, 2004 09:54      Profile for CaliberOnzo   Author's Homepage   Email CaliberOnzo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 163194783   
Hey,

Your allready doing that Arcanus

--------------------

quote:

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted January 09, 2004 10:08      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
hmm, good point. but i would have to double the shitload of spamming to make my postcount raise faster

--------------------

quote:

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted January 09, 2004 17:32      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
Arcanus just dont cry later.

--------------------

No one is perfect

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted January 09, 2004 19:50      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Arcanus, what you are doing is not wanted nor needed here. If you want to spam, go to a different forum and spam. Just don't do it here, because I personally will get your ass banned! (not really, only Scotty has power to ban). But I can get Scotty drunk, have him give me the password and then ban your ass!

Oh yeah, Arcanus, Scotty and I have the most to lose with the post counts. We are both well over 2,000 posts each. Hell, I think Scotty is coming close to 3,000 come to think of it.

Posts: 2150 | From: Sconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted January 09, 2004 23:37      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yeah, but I'm still over 1000 posts away from being a Living Legend, I think.

CaliberOnzo
Wandering Hero
Member # 136

Member Rated:

posted January 10, 2004 05:10      Profile for CaliberOnzo   Author's Homepage   Email CaliberOnzo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 163194783   
Hey,

Is that the last rank?

--------------------

quote:

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted January 10, 2004 06:40      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
stapes i dont understand why youre so annoyed with my spamming! i dont bring up old topics(not often anyway), mostly i just have a normal conversation!

--------------------

quote:

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted January 10, 2004 10:08      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
yea we all saw these "normal conversation",but heck i dont have anymore will to argue about this subject.
Just bear in mind arcanus,you have been warned more then several times.

--------------------

No one is perfect

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted January 10, 2004 10:52      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
yeah, but you have to admit that i dont spam to be mean! i mean, i dont spam, uh, just to raise my post count!

*edit* oh yeah, ive only been OFfICIALLY warned 1 time!

[ January 10, 2004: Message edited by: Arcanus ]

--------------------

quote:

rad-x
Vault Citizen
Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted January 10, 2004 14:58      Profile for rad-x     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You go off-topic sometimes. And then I shake my head and say 'Arcanus...'

But when everyone gangs up on you, you are actually quite a charming dude. Keep it up guys!

--------------------

As I gaze up at the night sky in my own fair time, I look back down and see the devastation. This post-nuclear world. It's terrible. But at least we got Nuka-Cola, warm and flat, the drink of the post-apocalyptic civiliztion. Generation Next!

Posts: 466 | From: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted January 10, 2004 15:26      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
why thank you! finally someone who understands!

--------------------

quote:

All times are Central Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community