my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » Other   » Forum Issues   » Moderator Settings Updated

Printable Version
Author Topic: Moderator Settings Updated
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted August 22, 2002 19:09      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
I finally got around to updating the Moderator settings again.

I hope nobody minds, but I placed Jello as Mod for the Stupid Stuff forum.

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Raymondo2000
Wanderer
Member # 87

Member Rated:

posted November 04, 2002 13:49      Profile for Raymondo2000   Author's Homepage   Email Raymondo2000   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131710234
Need anymore Mods

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 04, 2002 15:17      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yeah! Actually, we're lookin' for some Moderators.

If you stick around and seem to be Moderator material, you'll most likely get the spot [Cool]

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted November 04, 2002 19:22      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
*nods*

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Posts: 950 | From: Perth West Australia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Raymondo2000
Wanderer
Member # 87

Member Rated:

posted November 05, 2002 09:28      Profile for Raymondo2000   Author's Homepage   Email Raymondo2000   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131710234
I'm more admin material [Tongue Job 1]

jello
Wandering Hero
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted November 05, 2002 12:39      Profile for jello   Email jello   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
niiice, i'm mod for the first time in my life!!!
thank you, and I accept the position with pleasure

Now, i'd like to know, how do I mod? Like, what's the options I got?
lemme guess: I can edit, delete and close stuff?

--------------------

jump on her and demand sex!

Posts: 399 | From: montreal | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 05, 2002 12:56      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Basically, all I want from my mods is to delete any blatant spam and close topics that are more than likely going to lead to a flame war.

As for editing posts, try to stay away from that. Back in the day, we had a problem with a guy that edited a bunch of posts when he was in a flame war to make the other guy look like a complete ass. It didn't work, and he got banned for it.

Plus, seeing how everyone suddenly wants to get the mod position, I'll have to figure out a way to decide who to give the position to ultimately. For now, just stay active and make a good impression. [Smoking]

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted November 05, 2002 13:18      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
quote:
Originally posted by Raymondo2000:
I'm more admin material [Tongue Job 1]

Um, I don't even know what is admin material around here, and I'm on the Proconsul.

As for Jello, you were admin awhile back, but you didn't stay active for a couple of weeks so Scotty took you off of admin. So basically, you've been admin twice!

Posts: 2150 | From: Sconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 05, 2002 18:09      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yeah, but I decided to reinstate you, seeing how it's just the Stupid Stuff forum.

And Admin material here is basically not doing anything I wouldn't do

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted November 05, 2002 20:07      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Wow, I finally know what is Admin material, but the sad part about that is I'm not Admin material.

jello
Wandering Hero
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted November 05, 2002 21:23      Profile for jello   Email jello   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Was I ever admin? So the list you pointed me to, scotty, was the admin list? I thought it was the "regulars'" list.

so basically, you took me out because I didn't post in the proconsul eh? well I didn't know...

--------------------

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 06, 2002 04:14      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Neh, jello, I removed you before because there was a stretch of time where you didn't post anything (I think it was a week or two), and I didn't know if you were going to return or not. Now, though, you seem to be sufficiently active. [Approve]

As for the list, yeah, that was basically a list of all the regulars around here plus those that filled out the join form on the site (which I need to remove because of inactivity )

Raymondo2000
Wanderer
Member # 87

Member Rated:

posted November 06, 2002 08:42      Profile for Raymondo2000   Author's Homepage   Email Raymondo2000   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131710234
Well I'm on the forums for hours, just to let you know

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted November 06, 2002 12:46      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Well, if you are on the forums you should just join the community if you haven't already. We are always looking for new members in the community!

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 06, 2002 19:14      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Stapes, joining the forum is basically the same as joining the Community. If you stay around, you'll be added to the member's list. Simple as that.

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted November 07, 2002 12:41      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Well, what if they just wanted to post what they thought about the site and didn't want to become a member, but decided to stick around for a while to see what other changes are going to be made? Would they have to state 'Oh, I don't want to be a member of the Community, could you please not add me to the list?'

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 07, 2002 15:28      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
If they say not to add them, they won't be added. It's not that big of deal, Stapes, just relax. If a person shows up, gets added to the list, and then disappears, they'll be removed. Simple as that.

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted November 07, 2002 20:25      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Yeah, its pretty cut and dry

Damn, i gotta stop copying what Scotty says

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 08, 2002 12:44      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
lol, that's okay Slurry, I like having a little puppet around here.

Anyways, as for the Moderator position, it still is up for grabes and both ishootghoulsonsight and Raymondo2000 are clearly in the running. Right now, the matter is being discussed in the Proconsul forum. We will let you know what we decide upon.

For the timebeing, just be active, relax, and have fun.

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted November 08, 2002 12:47      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
How do you know that ishootghoulsonsight wants to be a mod. I haven't even seen him post anything about being a mod. If you look, he hasn't even posted in this forum. So, why do you want to give him the position if he didn't ask for it, unless he private messaged you?

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 08, 2002 12:51      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Just say that I know these things.

If someone offers you power, you're more than likely going to accept. It's human nature.

Ugh, long story. Let's just say I know.

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted November 08, 2002 18:57      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
You are mistaken there. When I won the contest last year, I turned down the chance to be a member of the Proconsul. Now, though, I'm a member of the Proconsul and the only reason is because I got bored in my spare time.

Heero Yuy
Vault Champion
Member # 8

Member Rated:

posted November 09, 2002 00:30      Profile for Heero Yuy   Email Heero Yuy   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
IF anyone around here would be another Admin it would have to be Slurry. Secondly I don't like the idea of asking for Mod or Admin. As for moderators it is up to the procouncul to decide...

--------------------

"I'll give you just one piece of advice... Dying hurts like hell." - Heero Yuy

Posts: 937 | From: Classified | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Raymondo2000
Wanderer
Member # 87

Member Rated:

posted November 09, 2002 04:12      Profile for Raymondo2000   Author's Homepage   Email Raymondo2000   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131710234
quote:
it still is up for grabes and both ishootghoulsonsight and Raymondo2000 are clearly in the running.

and I think Slurry wud be a great admin well good anyway but I've only been on here for 3 days so I do not really know him

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 09, 2002 09:06      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yeah, and we don't really know you. That's why we are going to wait a while before making any decisions on the matter.

Plus, as for Slurry being a Mod, I don't know about that. He's already a member of the Proconsul, and that would more or less be a demotion. I could give him both spots, but I don't want one person to have that much power. (no offense Slurry)

[ November 09, 2002: Message edited by: Scotty the Great ]

Heero Yuy
Vault Champion
Member # 8

Member Rated:

posted November 09, 2002 21:01      Profile for Heero Yuy   Email Heero Yuy   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I never said Slurry should be a Mod. I said if anyone would be another "Admin" it would be Slurry...

--------------------

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted November 09, 2002 22:45      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Its fine the way it is, I have enough power to make sugestions, thats all i need. Scotty is really the only one who needs to have the mod powers until we get bigger.

--------------------

- Nietzsche

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 10, 2002 12:52      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Gee, thanks Slurry.

As for future mods, I think that anyone sticks around and proves themselves to be good enough to be a mod should get the position. That's pretty much why I gave the Mod spot for the Stupid Stuff forum to jello.

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted November 11, 2002 12:33      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
*cough* for the second time *cough*

Did anyone hear something?

Heero Yuy
Vault Champion
Member # 8

Member Rated:

posted November 11, 2002 23:44      Profile for Heero Yuy   Email Heero Yuy   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Useless post Stapes! Please try and at least agree if not than post nothing...

Why not give Stapes a try at Admin or something? LOL!

--------------------

jello
Wandering Hero
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted November 12, 2002 05:31      Profile for jello   Email jello   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
yeah, I wouldn't mind stapes taking my place if he wants it.

--------------------

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted November 12, 2002 12:40      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
The thing is, I don't want it. I don't care if there are mods around. We do have Scotty that will take care of the posts if they are unnecessary.

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 12, 2002 13:37      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yup, I got the power! At least, until we get a permanent moderator around here.

In due time!

All times are Central Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community