next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » Other   » Forum Issues   » Recondo

Printable Version
Author Topic: Recondo
Knight_Wolf
Wandering Champion
Member # 92

Member Rated:

posted February 28, 2003 18:42      Profile for Knight_Wolf   Author's Homepage   Email Knight_Wolf   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 1477479369   
Im gonna cry .....no no im not leaving but I "might" not be able to check this site on a regular basis....

The reson is im gonna be a going out for Recondo in my JROTC class and they are very elite.

But for about 4 weeks were gonna have pratices,testing,Inspections and crap and thats gonna take it out of me but passing it "If I do" will be great. But in Recondo traning We wil be tested in endurance,stamina,determination,strength, and mental toughness and the training is "VERY" intense.

O what fun huh?
We will be yelled at and physically stressed passed what would be considered normal limits
And to pass the physical test the requiremants are used in accordance with the Army's physical fitness regulations And to pass the written test we must get a score of a 90% or higher.
But the hard part is trying not to get kicked out and they will try! They would kick you out if your late have lower then a 2.0 gpa or an F in any class or whatever
But can you believe this the 17 through the 21st is considered "HELL WEEK" which is AM and Pm training which means before school and after school training.................................................

And it starts...This monday......
[Constapated] [Vulnerable] [Sleepy] [Sick]
Ahhh but all i can say is ..Wish me luck ....ha if it were only that simple...

--------------------

If a man in a purple robe was crossing a bridge but snaps as he falls to his death and nobody is there to hear does he make a noise?

Posts: 179 | From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted March 01, 2003 11:01      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Well man, have fun and hurry back. And good luck!

Eh, plus, if you can't find the site here, check www.stgfc.com I might be able to get the domain up and registered tonight (w00t!)

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted March 02, 2003 12:29      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
What? I thought you were still in school. I also think that what you posted was just total bullshit. Is it something you are doing for school? If it isn't, then I know you are lying, because nobody can pull you out of school to train you for shit. Not even the military can pull you out of school.

Posts: 2150 | From: Sconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted March 02, 2003 14:46      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Damn it Stapes, back the fuck off!

What gives you the right to jump to conclusions and say that someone's post is total bs when in reality you probably just don't know all the facts. Sure, ask questions, but jumping to conclusions like that just pisses me off and makes you seem like a complete asshole.

So I leave you with this: Don't do it again.

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted March 03, 2003 08:17      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
You pretty much deserved that im afraid Stapes old boy, if it didnt make sense its because of the wording not because its bullshit, I managed to understand it, and I only know what ROTC is from watching happy days on tv!

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Posts: 950 | From: Perth West Australia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted March 03, 2003 18:00      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Happy Days? That was with the Fonz, right?

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted March 03, 2003 19:45      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
EH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, it was with Fonz. Um, the main reason I said that about Knighty is because to me it isn't logical. I mean, being taken out of school to do some training, when you can't even train in the military until you are 17.

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted March 04, 2003 05:02      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Yeah it just sounded like you were being vicious and small minded. Its the way you phrased it, not what you said.

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted March 04, 2003 06:42      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
quote:
Originally posted by Stapes:
I also think that what you posted was just total bullshit.

Vicious and small minded, indeed. And right here I think it is what you said. Phrasing matters not, you still basically said he was full of shit. And yeah, just to let you know since you're so eager to bring it up about everyone else, you could be banned for that.

Just think before you post next time, Stapes. I mean, are you trying to piss people off and make it seem like you're trying to start a flame war?

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted March 04, 2003 16:37      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
quote:
Originally posted by Scotty the Great:

And yeah, just to let you know since you're so eager to bring it up about everyone else, you could be banned for that.

How could I be banned? I don't understand. Could you please elaborate a little more on that?

As for me trying to start a flame war, no, I'm not trying to get into a flame war, and no I'm not trying to get everyone pissed at me.

Does it make sense to you to have a 15 year old going out for a month training? Technically in the US you can't do that. Military can't train anyone until they are 17, unless they go to a military school, then they can be trained upon entering the school. He never said anything about going to a military school. So therefore, I just thought that post to be bullshit. I know that I jump to conclusions, but when it comes to US military, I probably know more about it than anyone on these forums that lives in the US. Basically all of my family members have been in the military.

If I pissed you guys off, I'm sorry!

[ March 04, 2003: Message edited by: Stapes ]

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted March 04, 2003 20:33      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
You could be banned because the post could be interpreted as one with the intention to start a flame war. Trust me, I could probably get you (or anyone else) banned if I really wanted to *wink, wink* but I don't because I'm not an asshole. Hell, I could even do it mafia style and make it look like you just disappeared from here and any arguments you make to anyone else about being banned I could just denounce. Eh, but still, that post could've been percieved in such a way that it could've led to you being banned. Either way, like I said before, don't do it again.

And besides, how do you know he's only 15?

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted March 04, 2003 23:05      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
I checked his age out on ICQ. Plus I remember him telling me that on ICQ.

Anyways, I had no intention of starting a flame war. I know that I shouldn't have posted shit like that but to me, it is, as I said earlier, total bullshit. That is my opinion. I am entitled to my own opinion on the matter.

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted March 05, 2003 06:35      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Well, who says he was being honest? I used to lie about my age all the time on the internet.

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted March 05, 2003 08:24      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Yeah plus people never update their ages, I swear half my stuff says im about two years younger than i am.

Im not sure if you understand what Scotty was saying though, i mean its all good now and you apologised so im just pointing out that it doesnt really matter a flying crap why you posted it, you basically said he was an idiot and im pretty sure theres something in the rules about not belittling other members. Ok so Ace and i did but that was before the rules, I stick to them now.

theres my senior council member job done, vault city prevails citizen

--------------------

- Nietzsche

Knight_Wolf
Wandering Champion
Member # 92

Member Rated:

posted March 05, 2003 14:30      Profile for Knight_Wolf   Author's Homepage   Email Knight_Wolf   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 1477479369   
Hello and im not lying and its not during school, there not taking me out its (After school) and its JROTC which is not ROTC
And JROTC is a High school program many schools do it but ours is based on the Army some of the other schools are based on the navy and air force.
*Takes a deep breath*
And the only reason I said I might not be able to check the site is because I would be tired and crap Becasue I could check it if I wanted to like I am right now but Somedays I just dont get around to it!

There ya happy now

--------------------

If a man in a purple robe was crossing a bridge but snaps as he falls to his death and nobody is there to hear does he make a noise?

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted March 05, 2003 15:50      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
I'm still questionable about it. I don't know why, but there is something about that that just doesn't seem right. You said that it is a High School program, but they aren't taking you out of school. That right there in my opinion should discredit the thing, unless I misread it.

Plus, if it is ran by the military, they still can't train you until you are legally 17. I tried to sign up for the Air Force when I was a junior and was 16. They told me that the military couldn't take anyone under the age of 17. I don't know...I'll just shut up about it.

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted March 05, 2003 16:14      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Well, it sounded okay to me.

And Stapes, you need to remember, we live in Wisconsin. Everything here is done seemingly on a person-by-person basis, and the stipulations for everything varies greatly depending on the person you talk to, who you are, and who you know. This is a fucked up state, moreso than the rest of the nation.

So I'm not going to question Wolfy.

PS: Slurry, I'm the Senior Council Member. You're First Citizen. Remember, the two titles were exchanged back in the day.

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted March 05, 2003 17:38      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Scotty, those are the rules for the whole US military.

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted March 05, 2003 20:36      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yeah, maybe so, but I don't know. Rules, regulations, and procedures could be different elsewhere.

And Stapes, no offense, but this whole thing is futile. It's word against word. I don't know, nor care to know, about what the military procedures are, which makes me not really give two shits about this argument (no offense to anyone who's in the military; I'm just saying it's not for me).

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted March 05, 2003 22:35      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
*What the heck i dont remember that, plus the first citizen is a higher rank than senior council member, isnt that kinda weird?..lol shows how much i remember*

Ne wayz, its to do with miltary training so its similar enough to ROTC for me to understand it.

I feel kinda guilty for going all righteous back there, sorry about that, i was gonna delete the post but i was too lazy.

--------------------

- Nietzsche

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted March 05, 2003 22:57      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Actually, I think that Scotty just changed the names but you still have the same powers. So Senior Council Member used to be the First Citizen, but then switched the two names around.

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted March 06, 2003 06:40      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yeah, same powers as before just the names were switched because Ace told me that the Senior Council Member was higher ranking.

Damn it Ace, get j00r ass back here!

Knight_Wolf
Wandering Champion
Member # 92

Member Rated:

posted March 11, 2003 17:41      Profile for Knight_Wolf   Author's Homepage   Email Knight_Wolf   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 1477479369   
Its "Based" on the army its not "The" Army sheeesh

And THERE NOT TAKING ME OUT OF SCHOOL!!!!

--------------------

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted March 11, 2003 17:59      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
lol. Right now, I'm just glad that you managed to find your way to the new forums.

I don't want anyone to get lost during the transition (so far, so good).

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted March 12, 2003 06:18      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Well hopefully most people are smart enough to figure it out, i would be worried if they couldnt

--------------------

- Nietzsche

Knight_Wolf
Wandering Champion
Member # 92

Member Rated:

posted March 12, 2003 17:55      Profile for Knight_Wolf   Author's Homepage   Email Knight_Wolf   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 1477479369   
ya i found the new site God come on im not a "Complete" moron!!!!

--------------------

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted March 12, 2003 18:20      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Well, I'm sure there are to be some out there.

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted March 12, 2003 19:37      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
WHAT?!?!?! THERE IS A NEW SITE? j/k

All times are Central Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community