Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » Other   » Forum Issues   » Little problem on the forum ;) (Page 1)

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Little problem on the forum ;)
CaliberOnzo
Wandering Hero
Member # 136

Member Rated:

posted December 28, 2003 06:55      Profile for CaliberOnzo   Author's Homepage   Email CaliberOnzo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 163194783   
Hey,

Yo Scotty you might wanna fix something. When I go on some forums and when I want to go back to the main page (where I can choose on which forum I want to go I can go back to: Scotty the Great's Fallout Community or STGFC Forum's (or something like that) well they both go to the same page but! The STGFC link seems to do it wrong it leaves the Diablo II forum away. I think it's just a minor bug

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Ratty:
You're now the official lazy-ass of the Order.

Posts: 313 | From: Netherlands, Woerden | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 28, 2003 10:26      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 191218899
no its because those forums is in a different group. this forum is in the group other, and thus when you press other, all the other groups is not visible [Tongue Job 1]

--------------------

quote:
You are now the Spam God of Fallout community!

Posts: 766 | From: Sweden, Luleå | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
CaliberOnzo
Wandering Hero
Member # 136

Member Rated:

posted December 29, 2003 05:29      Profile for CaliberOnzo   Author's Homepage   Email CaliberOnzo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 163194783   
Hey,

Lol I still think it's kinda weird

--------------------

quote:

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 29, 2003 05:53      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 191218899
definitely, and very unnecessary

--------------------

quote:

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted December 30, 2003 01:35      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 131549933
Actually, it isn't unnecessary. Say for instance, you are low on time, and you just want to check the community stuff, you can click on the StGFC thing and it is all community. If you wanted to check the stupid stuff or non-hosted forums, you just click on there. Simple.

Posts: 2150 | From: Sconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
CaliberOnzo
Wandering Hero
Member # 136

Member Rated:

posted December 30, 2003 05:19      Profile for CaliberOnzo   Author's Homepage   Email CaliberOnzo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 163194783   
Hey,

I think all people who is a member of this forum has a lot of time! Who would stick time in this if you haven't any time?

--------------------

quote:

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 30, 2003 05:38      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 191218899
stapes you save about 3-4 seconds on that

--------------------

quote:

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 30, 2003 11:05      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 83373429
True, true. But that won't matter soon, I'm thinking about switching over to phpBB. It's more shnazzy, but I want to figure out a way to transfer the user accounts first.

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 30, 2003 17:11      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 191218899
quote:
Originally posted by Scotty the Great:
True, true. But that won't matter soon, I'm thinking about switching over to phpBB. It's more shnazzy, but I want to figure out a way to transfer the user accounts first.

transfer user accounts? phpBB!? SHNAZZY!? what the hell does all that mean?

--------------------

quote:

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 30, 2003 23:59      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 83373429
Ok, here's the deal: The current forum system that is being used is Ultimate Bulletin Board. I am working on switching over to phpBB, which is another type of forum system that is used at places such as No Mutants Allowed.

Basically, I've come to like phpBB better because it has more features, many of which I feel would be beneficial. Plus, it's easier to run.

The only problem is I don't want to make everyone start out as an Outsider again with zero post counts, or have to go through the sign-up process again. So I am going to work on taking all of the accounts here and transferring them to the phpBB.

Lastly, shnazzy is a word like spiffy, meaning really cool.

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted December 31, 2003 01:38      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 131549933
Scotty, couldn't you just copy our account info from a file or something, and then just save it and enter the stuff into the database or whatever it is that is used on phpBB? It would be logical.

CaliberOnzo
Wandering Hero
Member # 136

Member Rated:

posted December 31, 2003 06:15      Profile for CaliberOnzo   Author's Homepage   Email CaliberOnzo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 163194783   
Hey,

I wouldn't give a damn if it would be all reseted I would rather like a clean board full of n00bs And will we be able to upload own pictures like on NMA?

--------------------

quote:

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 31, 2003 06:40      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 191218899
if i get 0 post count, im gonna spam your asses until i have 500 again! [Angry]

--------------------

quote:

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted December 31, 2003 09:56      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 292282245
Then u will be banned

--------------------

No one is perfect

Posts: 756 | From: Israel | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 31, 2003 10:25      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 191218899
i will spam under a different name, the change before you can ban me. of course, it wouldnt work, but still its a good idea!

--------------------

quote:

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 31, 2003 10:54      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 83373429
Caliber: Yes. You could upload your own avatars.

Arcanus: Banning IP addresses is just as easy

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 31, 2003 12:01      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 191218899
ah, but i have two computers! and i change IP regularly so therefore you wont be able to ban me, bwahahahhahaha.

--------------------

quote:

CaliberOnzo
Wandering Hero
Member # 136

Member Rated:

posted January 01, 2004 11:11      Profile for CaliberOnzo   Author's Homepage   Email CaliberOnzo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 163194783   
Hey,

Whoho great I would really like to upload my ugly face as avatar again!

--------------------

quote:

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted January 01, 2004 13:41      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 131549933
Arcanus, do you have dial-up, cable, satellite, or something else? Because if you have dial-up, your IP addy doesn't really change all that much. And if you have the same type of connection on both computers, more than likely they'll have similar or close IP addy's.

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted January 01, 2004 14:02      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 191218899
i have cable. and i was just joking about the spamming

--------------------

quote:

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted January 01, 2004 23:28      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 131549933
Still, joking or not, we don't need the spamming.

As for you having cable, your IP address is the same all the time. Believe me, I have cable and it is the same.

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted January 02, 2004 05:46      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 191218899
you have adsl or t1?

--------------------

quote:

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted January 02, 2004 12:24      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 83373429
Dude, it'll either be identical or very close because you will always be on the same network section. So the first six digits or maybe even nine digits will most likely be the same, so I could always just ban that sector completly. [Tongue Job 1]

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted January 02, 2004 16:47      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 191218899
holy crap, nevermind.

--------------------

quote:

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted January 02, 2004 22:08      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 106347609   
If you start spamming again Arcanus, not only will you be banzord, i will personally deliver a suitcase sized dirty bomb to your front door and shove it up your ass, then activate it by txt message while on the plane home while the proctologist is still trying to remove it.

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Posts: 950 | From: Perth West Australia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted January 03, 2004 08:43      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 191218899
if you try to open the front door to my house, a billion nukes outside will detonate and blow your bomb and ass to the moon

--------------------

quote:

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted January 03, 2004 17:02      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 292282245
Oh boy here we go again...

--------------------

No one is perfect

Posts: 756 | From: Israel | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted January 03, 2004 17:34      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 191218899
this happened before?

--------------------

quote:

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted January 04, 2004 06:50      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 106347609   
Arcanus, there are these things called sentences, they start with a capital letter (you know, the biiig ones) and end with a full stop. Use them lol

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted January 04, 2004 06:52      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 106347609   
And please dont start a 'yeah well your nukes would bounce off my super force field' spamathon. IF you do there wont even be molecules left after i've destroyed you

--------------------

- Nietzsche

CaliberOnzo
Wandering Hero
Member # 136

Member Rated:

posted January 04, 2004 08:53      Profile for CaliberOnzo   Author's Homepage   Email CaliberOnzo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 163194783   
Hey,

Lol how old did you guys say you were?

--------------------

quote:

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted January 04, 2004 09:02      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 191218899
im 13. and slurry, you didnt throw any nukes, i did! and using biiiig letters and . is just a waste of time so i will stop use them hahahahahahahahah

--------------------

quote:

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted January 04, 2004 19:51      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 131549933
Scotty, I'm getting pissed! I can't fucking type anything in parenthesis! I wanted to type something spiffy, but I've tried 3 times and each damned time I get an error saying it doesn't allow parenthesis!

And Arcanus, I, a valued member of the Proconsul, demand that you use correct grammar!

Oh yeah, by the way, MY NUKES WILL DEMOLISH YOUR NUKES!!!!

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted January 04, 2004 23:59      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 83373429
(Dude, what are you smoking?)

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted January 05, 2004 05:10      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post   UIN: 191218899
(i wonder that too. [Smoking] )(the regulations doesnt say that i have to use correct grammar)(hahahahahahhahahahahahahha)(ok, maybe they do but i havent read them yet)(i will go check)

*edit* it looks like i may use whatever grammar i want, as long as it doesnt contain only capital letters, bwahahahhahahahhaha

[ January 05, 2004: Message edited by: Arcanus ]

--------------------

quote:

All times are Central Time
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community