my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » StGFC Forums   » Fallout   » Fallout 1 copy

Printable Version
Author Topic: Fallout 1 copy
Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted May 01, 2003 12:47      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
Guys,I realy want a Fallout 1 copy.
I finished F 1 only once,and I mainly played Fallout 2.
I cant buy it cause its not in stores,I tried to download it with Kazza but it got stuck.
Please help me if u can.

--------------------

No one is perfect

Posts: 756 | From: Israel | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 01, 2003 17:15      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Well, I could always burn a copy and mail it to you.

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted May 01, 2003 20:05      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
You probably wouldn't want the Australian version

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Posts: 950 | From: Perth West Australia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted May 02, 2003 08:10      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
Scotty,if its not too much trouble for u,I`ll be happy if u mail it to me.

[ May 02, 2003: Message edited by: Gauss Bumper ]

--------------------

No one is perfect

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 02, 2003 18:26      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yeah, more than likely I could. I would have to find out what the international postage rates are first though.

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted May 03, 2003 05:32      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
Thanks,I appreciate that.However Ill use your help
only if I wont find any other way,which I think I have found.
I found on Kazaa Fallout with bareable bandwidth so I think I can finish the download in a few days.
It supposed to take around 500 megs,right?
Heck I think I could have it tommorow but my friend accidently cancelled the download after 220 megs.
So if the download fails I`ll have to ask it from u Scotty.

And now to happier news:
I found on a russian site(www.oldgames.km.ru)all kinds of old games like heroes 2(very good game) and Fallout 1.
The Fallout takes around 130 megs,but its full.
the catch is there are no movies,no animated npc`s conversations(like kilian,the master etc.. only the dialouge and black picture),no music,and even no animations(for example:u do a critical with a minigun\Plasma rifle(rocks),machine gun or whatever.And instead of melting,get filled with bullets or even spill some blood the enemy falls to the ground(twice,yes its strange-he falls,gets up,and then falles and dies)as if he were knocked down.
But there is Sound fx so u still hear him torn to pieces(very amusing to see him still unhurt).

I guess I could live with this Fallout,But it soooooooooooo sucks big time,so I wont.

[ May 03, 2003: Message edited by: Gauss Bumper ]

--------------------

No one is perfect

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 03, 2003 09:55      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yeah, I see you're point. It would probably make me laugh my ass off the first few times, but then it would just get annoying.

Anyways, good luck with the Kazaa download. The file size sounds right, too. However, if it doesn't work, just lemme know.

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted May 03, 2003 10:59      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
Ok thanks.

--------------------

No one is perfect

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted May 05, 2003 00:37      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
So basically it doesn't have the stuff that is good about Fallout.....great..

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted May 05, 2003 06:40      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
no.
Guess what? the Kazaa fucked up.
I am going to give it one more shot,and if it fucks again,Ill shoot it.

--------------------

No one is perfect

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 05, 2003 15:51      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Alright. If you can't get one that will work, my offer still stands. However, I can't guarantee how fast you will get it; it might be between 4 and 6 weeks (otherwise the postage is a hell of a lot more).

[ May 05, 2003: Message edited by: Scotty the Great ]

Harliquin
Outsider
Member # 120

Rate Member

posted July 06, 2003 20:08      Profile for Harliquin   Author's Homepage   Email Harliquin   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
i got all the games, 1, 2 and tactics (and a binus cd) in a box set called Fallout Radioactive.

Can't play the first fallout though it won't let me with my operating system (windows 2k)

must be a 9x game

--------------------

Ying or Yang?

Posts: 19 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted July 07, 2003 01:17      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
I would imagine there is a patch out there for F1 on windows 2000 and im sure Scotty can tell you where it is.

(welcome to StGFC btw, 'its like chicken only it glows!')

[ July 07, 2003: Message edited by: Slurrydevil ]

--------------------

- Nietzsche

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted July 07, 2003 11:58      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yeah, there will be one on my site (I thought there was, but then I realized I never finished updating the page :s)

Anyways, for the timebeing, you can go to this article over at NMA. It'll tell you everything you gotta do.

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted July 08, 2003 00:06      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
See, ain't he helpful? lol

--------------------

- Nietzsche

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted July 08, 2003 00:50      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yeah, I do what I can. I have to in order to prevent everything around here from falling apart even moreso. Ah well, I'll be doing a bunch of small but much needed updates around the site within the next few days.

Harliquin
Outsider
Member # 120

Rate Member

posted July 18, 2003 14:13      Profile for Harliquin   Author's Homepage   Email Harliquin   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
thanks for the article to read...i'll try that

i thought i wasnt gonna get the chance to play fallout myself.
My mate did and said its great (except he said he didnt like the timer on it)

--------------------

Ying or Yang?

Posts: 19 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted July 19, 2003 12:39      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
I had no problems with F1. As for F1 compared to F2, I think that F2 had somewhat better gameplay and quests, but F1 had a better story line.

Also, I now have the same info on my site for installing F1 on 2000. It's over on the Technical FAQ page.

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted July 22, 2003 08:42      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Man, the timer is half the fun of F1, that lingering sense of urgency!!

--------------------

- Nietzsche

All times are Central Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community