my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » StGFC Forums   » Fallout 3   » fallout 3 POV serious conversation

Printable Version
Author Topic: fallout 3 POV serious conversation
jello
Wandering Hero
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted September 28, 2002 14:12      Profile for jello   Email jello   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Might as well continue here.

Well, I think that it would be kickass to have the fallout 3 pov the same as the others, but with 32 bit colors and 1024 resolution.

Now that would be nice.

--------------------

jump on her and demand sex!

Posts: 399 | From: montreal | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Heero Yuy
Vault Champion
Member # 8

Member Rated:

posted September 28, 2002 22:47      Profile for Heero Yuy   Email Heero Yuy   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sure would! I wouldn't mind if they made like a spin off of Fallout in a First Perosn Shooter AND befor you all go they made one called Wasteland I KNOW but it sucks cock!

--------------------

"I'll give you just one piece of advice... Dying hurts like hell." - Heero Yuy

Posts: 937 | From: Classified | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted September 29, 2002 06:03      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
I think that it would have to be as similar to Fallout 1 and 2 as possible in point of view. Otherwise, it'll most likely go the way of Tactics.

First person for Fallout 3 is a bad idea, I think. All other predecessors were in third, so it should stick with that. Plus, I can't stand most first person games.

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted September 30, 2002 11:39      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
I really don't care what POV it is in. As long as I get the game and can play it, I'm happy!

Posts: 2150 | From: Sconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
jello
Wandering Hero
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted September 30, 2002 14:54      Profile for jello   Email jello   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I wonder if a Fallout first person would be appealing. But what was so appealing in the original fallouts?

When I think about first person Fallout, I think about Deus Ex. But what made deus ex so special(apart from the storyline/dialogue) was the freedom of choice. This was especially noticeable in the level design; generally, there was like 3 different ways to finish a level.

But can FP Fallout do that(does it fit)? Does the Deus Ex level design fit with the Fallout mood? What makes fallout so special?(don't need to answer)

[ September 30, 2002: Message edited by: jello ]

--------------------

Heero Yuy
Vault Champion
Member # 8

Member Rated:

posted September 30, 2002 18:16      Profile for Heero Yuy   Email Heero Yuy   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Right on jello. Also if Fallout does go First Person than the AI has to be awesome.

--------------------

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted October 01, 2002 02:04      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Good point, but now that I think of it more, I think Fallout would be appealing in FP. Remember in Fallout 1 when the Vault Dweller leaves the vault? The part where he first walks out of the vault door and into the caves is in FP, and I thought it looked awesome. Then it went to Third Person, and I thought the graphics went down in quality (though that's another discussion).

First Person could work, it just would be more difficult. I never played Deus Ex before, but if Fallout 3 would follow in its footsteps, then it would more or less be ripping it off (in my opinion), which I can't say I agree with.

Plus, if the game was in FP, you wouldn't be able to see what weapon your guy is using. Well, you might be, but most FP games that I've played show the weapons right in front of your face, which is realistic, but takes up screen space (so you can't see as much). So keeping it TP would make it able to see what weapon (and armor) your character is using without sacrificing your ability to see everything else. Maybe I'm wrong because I haven't played much FP games, but that's my opinion.

jello
Wandering Hero
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted October 01, 2002 04:14      Profile for jello   Email jello   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
yeah ripping off sucks i agree.

I don't see anything wrong about seeing your weapon(but that's the opinion of an fps lover), and for the armor, well you'll have many chances to contemplate yourself in front of the mirror.

Yeah, but I agree that FP fallout would be weird. If they make a fallout 3, they should make it like the others, but at 1024x768x32.

--------------------

Heero Yuy
Vault Champion
Member # 8

Member Rated:

posted October 02, 2002 22:36      Profile for Heero Yuy   Email Heero Yuy   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah I recon the Fallout 3 should have FP view and that Tomb Raider view as well so you can see yourself.

Also about seeing weapons, I think that there should be a camera view where you can look around the map like the other Fallouts and than get all the stats befor you do anything...

--------------------

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted October 03, 2002 02:04      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Maybe there should be a TP default with an FP option, sort of like most of the Mechwarrior games where you could switch between TP and FP whenever you wanted. Of course, the TP wasn't done very good because you would see your mech from behind and not from above, which sucked.

Perhaps they could design Fallout 3 with the normal TP view as default with an FP view so that people could switch between each one and decide which they prefer as they play.

But with FP, wouldn't it lose a certain amount of the RPG aspect? I can't think of any RPGs that have been made in FP (but then again, I just woke up and am still pretty tired, so I'm probably wrong).

jello
Wandering Hero
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted October 03, 2002 12:39      Profile for jello   Email jello   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There has been some FP rpgs before, all I know of where fantasy style. I don't think they were too successfull tho. And personnally, I'm not very attracted to goblins and elves and shit...

Yeah, TP wouldn't be so bad(better than fp), but i still think that the original format is the best.

--------------------

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted October 03, 2002 16:05      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
quote:
Originally posted by Scotty the Great:
[QB]Maybe there should be a TP default with an FP option, sort of like most of the Mechwarrior games where you could switch between TP and FP whenever you wanted. Of course, the TP wasn't done very good because you would see your mech from behind and not from above, which sucked.

Perhaps they could design Fallout 3 with the normal TP view as default with an FP view so that people could switch between each one and decide which they prefer as they play.QB]

Aren't you saying the exact same thing in those two paragraphs?

I honestly don't care about FP, TP. I like to play some games that are both. I don't have a specific preference as to which one I play!

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted October 03, 2002 16:29      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Basically, it is the same thing worded differently. w00t for me!

I care about which PoV games are, but then again that's just me. However, even if I didn't really care, I would still want Fallout 3 to be in TP (or at least have it as the default), because all other Fallout games were TP. Eh, maybe I enjoy consistency too much :s

Heero Yuy
Vault Champion
Member # 8

Member Rated:

posted October 04, 2002 02:00      Profile for Heero Yuy   Email Heero Yuy   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If Fallout three has the graphics of Tactics than I'm happy...

--------------------

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted October 07, 2002 01:35      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Fallout three would be really cool as a First person shooter I reckon...or as a Survival Horror game, like Parasite Eve or Resident Evil...except with better graphics....I could really see that...

And if anyone has played Return to Krondor on PC you could have the talking interface like that, its a lot like Fallout really, only adapted for 3d....hehe not that RtK is a very good example of 3D....the characters walk like their pants are about ten sizes too small .

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Posts: 950 | From: Perth West Australia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted October 07, 2002 01:36      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
As a second thought to really suceed F3 needs to have it so you can drive your Highwayman or a vertibird or something realtime, and run people over and stuff. Extra stuff like that would make it!

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Heero Yuy
Vault Champion
Member # 8

Member Rated:

posted October 07, 2002 02:31      Profile for Heero Yuy   Email Heero Yuy   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Play Tactics than Slurry! If you want to drive over people...

--------------------

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted October 07, 2002 04:21      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Scary thing is I nearly did run somebody over when I was having a drivers lesson.....thank god it wasn't my test.......and it wasn't even an old lady......they are worth double points.....*grumble*

--------------------

- Nietzsche

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted October 07, 2002 10:52      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
I'd hate to see F3 as a First Person shooter (or even as a third person shooter). It has to be an RPG!

As for graphics........ I think that Interplay should be able to surpass the graphics of Tactics. There is a lot that can be done with computer graphics; it just takes a lot of time.

Also, if you wanna run over people, go play GTA.

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted October 07, 2002 12:24      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
That would be pretty cool to run things over in the game. But if you do, you'd have to be able to fight from inside the vehicle. If you get attacked, you would have to get out of the vehicle. Or do you get out automatically? I haven't played Fallout in a couple of weeks [Constapated]

If you are going to run something over, you gotta make it an old guy on a bicycle! Those are quadruple points!

Heero Yuy
Vault Champion
Member # 8

Member Rated:

posted October 08, 2002 00:54      Profile for Heero Yuy   Email Heero Yuy   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You win the game if you drive over a gay guy!

--------------------

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted October 09, 2002 02:01      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Oh I like that, he's getting subtle.....

--------------------

- Nietzsche

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted October 09, 2002 11:21      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yeah, and off topic. Not good!

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted October 09, 2002 23:33      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
True, true, ill get us back on topic.
But when would Fallout 3 be set? And where? I can't think of any place it would be good....

--------------------

- Nietzsche

Heero Yuy
Vault Champion
Member # 8

Member Rated:

posted October 10, 2002 02:24      Profile for Heero Yuy   Email Heero Yuy   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Fallout 3 should be set all around the world. You can pick a place to start and progress from there.

--------------------

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted October 10, 2002 04:11      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
I think that would make it seem too much like Tactics.

Give me a few days, I'm sure I can think of an idea of when and where it could be.

Heero Yuy
Vault Champion
Member # 8

Member Rated:

posted October 10, 2002 23:18      Profile for Heero Yuy   Email Heero Yuy   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No way! I mean like around the world. You can start of in Australia and work your way to Asia. One the way there are different quests and places not to mention weapons and so on...

--------------------

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted October 11, 2002 03:32      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
lol or you could just have the whole game in Australia, with Rad Kangaroos and mutant yokels from Alice Springs

--------------------

- Nietzsche

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted October 11, 2002 04:10      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
A different location would be interesting, but in order to get that to work I think you would have to get rid of the old story lines and come up with a brand new one.

No matter where it is set, I don't think there is any way you can come up with a good story line for Fallout 3 based on what happened in the previous two games. F2 didn't leave much room for a sequel at its end.

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted October 11, 2002 12:12      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
I didn't think that they could have made a sequel after F2. I just finished beating that game last night.

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted October 12, 2002 00:38      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Yeah not really, America sort of began to get civilised again after that what with the NCR and all.

--------------------

- Nietzsche

Heero Yuy
Vault Champion
Member # 8

Member Rated:

posted October 12, 2002 16:09      Profile for Heero Yuy   Email Heero Yuy   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A new bad guy could show up. The Mutent Master returns!

--------------------

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted October 13, 2002 09:04      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Neh, that would be a little repetitive. I hate seeing the same bad guys return in games.

Heero Yuy
Vault Champion
Member # 8

Member Rated:

posted October 13, 2002 22:38      Profile for Heero Yuy   Email Heero Yuy   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I guess. The Mutant Master could have a new form which would be cool!

--------------------

All times are Central Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community