my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » StGFC Forums   » Fallout 3   » Fallout Fantasy = Fallout 3

Printable Version
Author Topic: Fallout Fantasy = Fallout 3
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 05, 2002 04:03      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
First off, big thanks to ishootghoulsonsight for pointing this out to me.

It appears that Fallout Fantasy is the name that F3 is going to be under, probably to some of your dismay. However, fear not; from what I found while researching the game, it will not be a fantasy-based Fallout like the name implies. Rather, the idea for the game is to take the engine used in Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance and place Fallout Fantasy onto it.

Also, from what I was able to find out, Fallout Fantasy (or F3) will be released on PC. Original speculation listed the game as being for a consule such as PS2 or X-Box, which still is going to hold true, but a PC version will also be released.

I hope I'm not getting any facts confused with hype on this, especially since they seem to run hand-in-hand on the matter.

I'll let you guys know anything else I find out/hear about the matter.

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
jello
Wandering Hero
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted November 05, 2002 09:30      Profile for jello   Email jello   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ewwwww... fallout on console? ewwwww.....

--------------------

jump on her and demand sex!

Posts: 399 | From: montreal | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Raymondo2000
Wanderer
Member # 87

Member Rated:

posted November 05, 2002 09:32      Profile for Raymondo2000   Author's Homepage   Email Raymondo2000   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131710234
ANOTHER FALLOUT [Warm Smile]

rad-x
Vault Citizen
Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted November 05, 2002 12:10      Profile for rad-x     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Scotty, gonna state where your research came from. I sent you a reply to your reply from my query. Your 'research' sounds pretty unbelieveable and seems all too easy. Read my new e-mail to you and then you'll see.(sorry)

--------------------

As I gaze up at the night sky in my own fair time, I look back down and see the devastation. This post-nuclear world. It's terrible. But at least we got Nuka-Cola, warm and flat, the drink of the post-apocalyptic civiliztion. Generation Next!

Posts: 466 | From: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
jello
Wandering Hero
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted November 05, 2002 12:22      Profile for jello   Email jello   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
yeah, i knew there was something fishy about fallout on console... lol

--------------------

Raymondo2000
Wanderer
Member # 87

Member Rated:

posted November 05, 2002 12:34      Profile for Raymondo2000   Author's Homepage   Email Raymondo2000   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131710234
this is from the KCP forum:

Earl Tarjir: okay, so I open my issue of the Norwegian PCG, and I see that they review a re-release of Fallout 1...
Does the Norwegian PCG know something we don't?

"Med det tredje spillet foreløpig tidlig i utviklingsstadiet (hvis vi glemmer det glansløse Fallout: Tactics), er prisen et sant kupp, som gir spillere en mulighet til å more seg over den aller første utgaven av serien nok en gang."

"With the third game still early in the development stage (if we forget about the glanceless Fallout: Tactics), the price is a true coup, which gives players a possibility to enjoy the very først release in the series yet another time."

Kotario:Hah, don't believe it for a minute.

There are still people who think that "Fallout Fantasy" is the codename for the third Fallout game, I am betting the reporter who wrote this falls into this category. Delusional fools!

Besides, if information was to leak from Interplay, I would doubt it would be to the Norwegian PCG.

I hope this means something or I just copyed and pasted aload of crap

[ November 05, 2002: Message edited by: Raymondo2000 ]

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 05, 2002 12:47      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
First off, thanks for the e-mail. Secondly, I will post the sources, just so if they're wrong it doesn't make me look entirely bad :

From ugo.com:
Final Fallout Fantasy?
Thankfully, from what we can tell, Fallout Fantasy is not a fantasy-themed Fallout game. That would be stupid; though calling a game Fallout Fantasy is equally lame, the game concept is not. Supposedly, the idea is to take the Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance engine and transfer Fallout into it. Dark Alliance was an awesome game, so it could work, but we’d rather have Fallout 3.

From http://pc.ign.com/articles/357/357175p1.html:
April 11, 2002 - We all knew that it was coming, we just didn't know what it was or when it was coming or who was making it or why they were making it or what the hell Steve was doing with that light up gnome lamp in the demo room... but it looks as though the cat is out of the bag thanks to those noisy Frenchmen. The third installment of Fallout is going by the title of Fallout Fantasy. How do we know this? French gaming site Overgame.com received Virgin Interactive's European release schedule in the mail. Interplay's games are distributed by Virgin Interactive. Fallout was developed by Interplay's RPG in house RPG development now known as Black Isle Studios. On the release list was a nifty little title coming from Interplay and Black Isle Studios known as Fallout Fantasy. There you have it.

Sure, we know most of you won't be able to understand the website since it's in French so we've run it through our own translator developed in house here at IGN by intern extraordinaire Mark Fugita:

One thing in edit a fat son apparition through the planning of the sort of Virgin Interactive is Fallout Fantasy. The thing is announced for September of 2002, and is developed by Black Isle, a division of role playing fantasies of Interplay. Virgin Interactive did not pass (I don't know this word) airport plus the information through the thing.

That's all cool because the secret stuff is new Fallout cool and developer of Black Isle, Dave Hendee, (something) of concepts of juice, I await tommorrow day the forum to discuss the site of official Fallout 2. "Fallout 3 is in development may with it through the official thing. Now coupons will parlay" the guy said.

The thing of the new Fallout put through contrary now resigned to type of gameplay was proposed. The end Fantasy faints forced immediately pending the saga of Final Fantasy. It is not possible for the juice of mélange to juice of roleplaying and to the strategies and temporary real. The serendipity justified the fusion of the two types to juice who the saga to fallout now does propose: the juice of the roleplaying was Fallout 1 and 2, and to the strategy/tactics was Fallout Tactics.

The thing divorced that presented with hair to E3 who the time at Los Angeles from 22 and 24 of May.

The gist of that pretty much means that Mark is fired. Hopefully we'll get to see it at E3 since we can all understand that part of it. Look for more at that time if we're all lucky.

-- Newsey McNewserson

And lastly, the whole idea of Fallout Fantasy being on a console was based on a rumor circulating around The Order that supposedly originated on Vault13.net when it was still around.

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted November 06, 2002 02:29      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Well it would be pretty damn cool if it went ahead, I can imagine the Baldurs gate engine making a really good Fallout game (well the F and F2 engine is pretty similar ne way)
Im a bit skeptical tho, it sounds somewhat like some retard spreading a rumour for fun.
And I have a PS2 and my computer sucks really ample penis so that would suit me!....kinda.

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Posts: 950 | From: Perth West Australia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
jello
Wandering Hero
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted November 06, 2002 06:05      Profile for jello   Email jello   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ahem, mind if I translate?(it started getting long, so I just resumed some parts)

-here-
An unpublished/new title has made its apparition on Virgin's release plan: Fallout Fantasy. The title's announced for September 2002(hehe), it's developped by Black Isle, Interplay's rpg division. Virgin Interactive didn't wish to bring more info on the title.

It wasn't a secret that un new Fallout game was in the making at Black Isle; Dave Hendee, one of the designers, announced it in the fallout 2 official forum. "Fallout 3 is in developpement, but it's not an official title. We can't talk about it."

/usual french speculations ahead
the title can tell us about the type of gameplay proposed tho. The Fantasy suffix obviously makes you think about the FF series. It is therefore possible that the game mixes rpg elements, with real time strategy(hahaha). It would be a fusion of the previous Fallout games.
-there-

hehehe, septeber 2002 lol. Last time I laughed(in my traduction) is because rpg/rts idea makes me laugh, but now that I think of it, maybe it'll bring a fresh wind?... i don't know... meh

[ November 06, 2002: Message edited by: jello ]

--------------------

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 06, 2002 18:59      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Cool, but looks like everything that was Fallout Fantasy, or F3, is on indefinite hold for now, if not completely dead. [Zombie]

rad-x
Vault Citizen
Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted November 07, 2002 12:52      Profile for rad-x     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Black isle are making Lionheart right now. What will the next game be? Fallout 3, perhaps?

--------------------

As I gaze up at the night sky in my own fair time, I look back down and see the devastation. This post-nuclear world. It's terrible. But at least we got Nuka-Cola, warm and flat, the drink of the post-apocalyptic civiliztion. Generation Next!

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 07, 2002 15:19      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Maybe. We can always hope

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted November 07, 2002 20:22      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Well im definately hoping!!

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Heero Yuy
Vault Champion
Member # 8

Member Rated:

posted November 09, 2002 00:00      Profile for Heero Yuy   Email Heero Yuy   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I hope so as well!

That was the biggest mission to read all that...

--------------------

"I'll give you just one piece of advice... Dying hurts like hell." - Heero Yuy

Posts: 937 | From: Classified | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Raymondo2000
Wanderer
Member # 87

Member Rated:

posted November 09, 2002 04:47      Profile for Raymondo2000   Author's Homepage   Email Raymondo2000   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131710234
IP AND BSI SUCK

Why cant they make fallout 3

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 09, 2002 08:54      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yeah, well, to say the least, it was a nice idea while it lasted. [Shrug]

Heero Yuy
Vault Champion
Member # 8

Member Rated:

posted November 09, 2002 20:58      Profile for Heero Yuy   Email Heero Yuy   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Maybe some one will buy the rights to Fallout 3?

--------------------

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted November 09, 2002 22:36      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Well otherwise theres that Fallout clone being developed called Static, it looks pretty cool.

--------------------

- Nietzsche

Heero Yuy
Vault Champion
Member # 8

Member Rated:

posted November 09, 2002 23:36      Profile for Heero Yuy   Email Heero Yuy   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah but nothing get close to Fallout. Clones can not even dream of being as good...

--------------------

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 10, 2002 12:26      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Static! Get it away, get it away! Evil!

Sorry, clones don't appeal to me at all. It's original or nothing.

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted November 11, 2002 04:05      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Hmmmm, I enjoy clones myself, lol Interplay relies on clones....*cough* baldurs gate engine *cough*. One good clone is Arcanium, which is sort of a clone of the BG engine with a real good storyline and cool weapons and stuff.

--------------------

- Nietzsche

rad-x
Vault Citizen
Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted December 19, 2002 07:10      Profile for rad-x     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Raymondo2000:
IP AND BSI SUCK

Why cant they make fallout 3

Retract that statement and walk back 5 paces. Good you've fallen off a cliff. (rubs hands together in a self-satisfied fashion)

--------------------

All times are Central Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community