my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » StGFC Forums   » Fallout 3   » Van Buren

Printable Version
This Topic has a poll (Log in to vote)! Poll Question: Is Van Buren really Fallout 3?
Option Vote Count Vote Percent
Yes! 2 vote(s) 25%
No 0 vote(s) 0%
Not sure 6 vote(s) 75%
View Comments Edit Poll

Author Topic: Van Buren
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted June 30, 2003 01:25      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Van Buren. What is it? Well, for those of you who haven't heard the rumors yet, I'll fill ya in. Van Buren is a code name that BIS (Black Isle Studios) has given to one of its latest projects. Many believe that VB is truly Fallout 3, which would mean F3 is in production already. There is a ton of rumors circulating, ranging from "the developers of Van Buren have been playing through Fallout and Fallout 2 to get ideas" and "Van Buren is an RPG for the PC, and isn't IWD3." Plus, there is this thread over at Duck and Cover.

So what do you guys think? Is Van Buren really Fallout 3?

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Harliquin
Outsider
Member # 120

Rate Member

posted July 06, 2003 20:17      Profile for Harliquin   Author's Homepage   Email Harliquin   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
I have no idea, but this will be a lot better than brotherhood of steel if theyre going with the first 2 (i hope their aren't any timers though) I like to do things in my own time.

--------------------

Ying or Yang?

Posts: 19 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Neo
Wanderer
Member # 124

Rate Member

posted August 27, 2003 19:05      Profile for Neo   Email Neo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am not sure but i hope there is.

--------------------

Neo

Posts: 68 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Neo
Wanderer
Member # 124

Rate Member

posted August 27, 2003 19:05      Profile for Neo   Email Neo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

--------------------

Neo

Neo
Wanderer
Member # 124

Rate Member

posted August 27, 2003 19:06      Profile for Neo   Email Neo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

--------------------

Neo

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted August 28, 2003 12:05      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Double posting I can understand, but triple posting? What's the deal with that?

Knight_Wolf
Wandering Champion
Member # 92

Member Rated:

posted August 28, 2003 17:53      Profile for Knight_Wolf   Author's Homepage   Email Knight_Wolf   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 1477479369   
uhh.. maybe his finger slipped....a couple of times

--------------------

If a man in a purple robe was crossing a bridge but snaps as he falls to his death and nobody is there to hear does he make a noise?

Posts: 179 | From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted August 28, 2003 23:26      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Perhaps...........

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted August 30, 2003 07:07      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
lol maybe he has malaria or some nervous disorder and his finger just drums up and down uncontrollably

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Posts: 950 | From: Perth West Australia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted August 30, 2003 22:03      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
heheheheh, who knows?

Anyways, on a serious topic, I want to add a little F3 section featuring the rumors and such surrounding the possibility that it is being created. So, I was hoping that someone could do a little research and prepare a report to be posted on the site regarding Van Buren. Anyone interested? Hm?

EDIT: Ok, I decided to play around with the design a little to give you guys an idea of what I was thinkin' about doing. Anyways, the whole thing I expected to take up a bunch of time (because I had nothing to do), but it only took ten minutes. Meh, oh well. Here's the link in all of its beauty. So let me know what you think, and if anyone can do the report on Van Buren.

[ August 31, 2003: Message edited by: Scotty the Great ]

Neo
Wanderer
Member # 124

Rate Member

posted August 31, 2003 22:48      Profile for Neo   Email Neo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
sorry about that i clicked it once and i thought it was not working sorry.

--------------------

Neo

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted September 01, 2003 00:06      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
'Tis okay. I've done that myself before too (but most of the time I was able to catch it before anyone else, so I was able to delete it right away; that wouldn't work for anyone else though because only Admins and Moderators have delete power).

Sir_paladin_mike
Outsider
Member # 151

Member Rated:

posted November 24, 2003 15:26      Profile for Sir_paladin_mike   Author's Homepage   Email Sir_paladin_mike   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 199681180
yeah ! i think that the new project which intergay is working on is fall3 cuz ,in my opinion taking ideas from f2 and f1 is a reason for creating the continue of the greatest rpg in the world!!!
so mates if it wont be fall3 it isnt a big problemo cuz i think that they(inter...) will create somthin like fallout!

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Jet2241:
you drunk moron ,stop spamming here .this is not a social room and no one cares about your drinking problems .

Posts: 44 | From: israel | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 24, 2003 16:22      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yeah, but I don't know if Fallout fans will be happy with that. They may just see it as a ripoff.

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted November 25, 2003 05:34      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
hehe...he said intergay...hehe

I really hope they make a Fallout 3, i would be ecstatic!! But im too cynical of take it up the ass game developers like intergay to expect much.

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Posts: 950 | From: Perth West Australia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Central Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community