my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » StGFC Forums   » Fallout 3   » bad news fallout 3 dead-

Printable Version
Author Topic: bad news fallout 3 dead-
welsh
Outsider
Member # 159

Rate Member

posted December 08, 2003 21:03      Profile for welsh   Email welsh   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
For those of you that don't know. Interplay has deep sixed Fallout 3.

One can find the news here
http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3253

also at http://forums.interplay.com/viewtopic.php?t=35616

Personally I think Interplay sucks used monkey balls. I have also conveyed these impressions.

I highly suggest you do the same.

--------------------

attitude is everything

Posts: 4 | From: Virginia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 08, 2003 22:34      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
This makes me want to cry and kill Interplay even more than ever. If Fallout:PoS 2 is released before Fallout 3, I think I may finally close down the Community. Fallout used to have so much joy for me, but now whenever it is used in a sentence with 'Interplay', it is a curse.

Erm, I need sleep.

EDIT: Topic moved to Fallout 3 forum.

[ December 08, 2003: Message edited by: Scotty the Great ]

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jim
Wandering Hero
Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted December 09, 2003 06:19      Profile for Jim   Email Jim   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191605699
quote:
Originally posted by Scotty the Great:
This makes me want to cry and kill Interplay even more than ever. If Fallout oS 2 is released before Fallout 3, I think I may finally close down the Community.

[ December 08, 2003: Message edited by: Scotty the Great ]

What do you mean by that Scotty?and what is going on with Fallout 3?can somebody explain it?

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Gauss:
Look whos talking,the least posting member of the community.

Posts: 243 | From: Greece | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 09, 2003 08:38      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Fallout 3 is no more. Van Buren has been put on the shelf. BiS has been shut down by Interplay. Now, they are lookin' to create Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel 2. That decision comes before the release of the first one.

The comment about closing down the Community: probably not gonna happen. However, I probably won't put anything on the site about BoS2 (seeing how I haven't added anything about BoS yet either).

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 09, 2003 09:52      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
me angry. me slay interplay.

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Ratty:
You are now the Spam God of Fallout community!

Posts: 766 | From: Sweden, Luleå | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 09, 2003 11:28      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
I think they should change their "By Gamers, For Gamers" logo to "By Assholes, To Piss Off Gamers". It would be much more appropriate if you ask me.

Danoth Dragon God
Wandering Hero
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted December 09, 2003 11:32      Profile for Danoth Dragon God   Email Danoth Dragon God   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
THE MOB IS READY, WE STRIKE NOW AND SMITE OUR ENEMIES DOWN FROM THEIR STUPID CAPITALIST THRONES AND BEHEAD THEM... on a lighter note, ill borrow my friend's katana

--------------------

HAHAHAHA! Your lord of chaos has come, feel my wrath and tremble!!! For the Earth will burn with a fiery light and be purifyed and the corruption of the light will be cleansed with darkness

Posts: 259 | From: Windsor, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jim
Wandering Hero
Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted December 09, 2003 12:36      Profile for Jim   Email Jim   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191605699
quote:
Originally posted by Scotty the Great:
Fallout 3 is no more. Van Buren has been put on the shelf. BiS has been shut down by Interplay. Now, they are lookin' to create Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel 2. That decision comes before the release of the first one.

The comment about closing down the Community: probably not gonna happen. However, I probably won't put anything on the site about BoS2 (seeing how I haven't added anything about BoS yet either).

you mean that fallout 3 is not ganna come out NEVER or sometime later? after BoS2?

--------------------

quote:

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 09, 2003 13:34      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Right now, it looks like never.

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 09, 2003 13:38      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
ok now my intelligence is back. dont worry! we just need a tanker FOB and some navcom parts, then we take my tanker and blow their asses to the moon!

--------------------

quote:

Danoth Dragon God
Wandering Hero
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted December 09, 2003 14:23      Profile for Danoth Dragon God   Email Danoth Dragon God   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
I still like the katana idea... we can drink the blood of their families before thier own eyes and pull out their stomaches... while theyre still alive... I practised torture as an art for 3 years...

--------------------

HAHAHAHA! Your lord of chaos has come, feel my wrath and tremble!!! For the Earth will burn with a fiery light and be purifyed and the corruption of the light will be cleansed with darkness

Jim
Wandering Hero
Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted December 09, 2003 14:40      Profile for Jim   Email Jim   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191605699
Oh no don't tell me that I don't wanna believe it nooooooooooooooo!!! It must be done something

--------------------

quote:

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 09, 2003 14:43      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Either way, somebody is goin' down for this!

Anyways, if the fact that Van Buren is on the shelf indefinetly doesn't piss you off enough, take a look at this: http://www.nma-fallout.com/fallout3/fo3mm.png

*cries*

Danoth Dragon God
Wandering Hero
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted December 09, 2003 15:05      Profile for Danoth Dragon God   Email Danoth Dragon God   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
They will be sorry they messed with this dragons favorite post nuclear series!! I will tear out their loved ones throats and feed their hearts to them raw... lets see the president of Interplay eat his wife's heart and still screw with us...HAHAHAHAHA

--------------------

Ratty
Wandering Champion
Member # 138

Member Rated:

posted December 09, 2003 17:02      Profile for Ratty     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yep, the news is 100% correct. Not only was Fallout 3 shelved, but most Black Isle developers were laid off. Some where reassigned to FoPOS 2. It is rumored that IPLY may be selling the Fallout license for PC and becoming exclusively a console publisher! Check out Interplay forums for more details and tell IPLY bastards what you think about them.

--------------------

Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors.
But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love.

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted December 10, 2003 05:56      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Im so angry!! RAGE!!!!
*jumps up and down and smashes things*

DIE INTERPLAY FUDGE PACKING HO' MASTERS!!!! *shoots at interplay logo*

Im going to boycott all future intergay travesties(games). Who is with me? Grass roots politics are the only way to fight this, we may be few, but we can still deny them our patronage.

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Posts: 950 | From: Perth West Australia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jim
Wandering Hero
Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted December 10, 2003 06:15      Profile for Jim   Email Jim   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191605699
Scotty,in one of your posts above you said that you might shut down the community.you shouldn't do that,even if fallout3 won't come out we still have two fallout games to play.if the community is down we all are going to forget fallout series.(i don't know about you guys)I LOVE FALLOUT 1 AND 2,THERE ARE MY FAVORITE GAMES [Angry]

[ December 10, 2003: Message edited by: Jim ]

--------------------

quote:

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 10, 2003 07:45      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
i agree. instead you can put in a forum named "Hate fallout:BOS"

--------------------

quote:

Danoth Dragon God
Wandering Hero
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted December 10, 2003 11:41      Profile for Danoth Dragon God   Email Danoth Dragon God   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
Or we can make a forum called KILL THOSE INTERPLAY BASTARDS!!! There are many things worse than dying of course.... HAHAHA

--------------------

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 10, 2003 12:24      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yes, well, it saddens me deeply to hear that PoS2 is being created when PoS1 hasn't even been released. I'm not going to touch either game. There is no reason for me to; I don't like counsels, and am not going to buy one now just to play some half-baked games that are furhter destroying the series.

Think about the future fans of Fallout; those who play PoS without even having heard of the first one. Think about when those newbs show up around here and don't even know why Dogmeat is the best dog or why you can never trust anyone named Ian in combat. *weeps silently*

Danoth Dragon God
Wandering Hero
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted December 10, 2003 12:39      Profile for Danoth Dragon God   Email Danoth Dragon God   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
I will buy the new games if only to be the educator of the newbs... Dogmeat rocks... im gonna get a dog soon and i think thats what I will name him in memory of the fallout series... the funny thing about that ian comment is I have a brother named ian and I dont trust him... that might be why

--------------------

Jim
Wandering Hero
Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted December 10, 2003 14:00      Profile for Jim   Email Jim   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191605699
You made my day Scotty

--------------------

quote:

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 10, 2003 14:06      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
scotty. why IS dogmeat the best dog? K9 has much better damage. if youre talking about fallout 1 its understandable, since there only is one dog in the game.

--------------------

quote:

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 10, 2003 16:46      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yes; he was the original. He kicked so much ass in F1.

quote:
Originally posted by Jim:
You made my day Scotty

I do what I can

[ December 10, 2003: Message edited by: Scotty the Great ]

goblinsoftheflarg
Outsider
Member # 162

Rate Member

posted December 10, 2003 18:03      Profile for goblinsoftheflarg   Author's Homepage   Email goblinsoftheflarg   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
simple-solution to fallout/consol problem
#1)win lottery, buy interplay restart fallout 3

#2)buy the fallout seiries's rights, and rehire former fallout 3 crew

#3)burn the console factories, kill all workers producing consols, and force interplay to make the lost money on pc games, such as fallout

Any other suggestions??

--------------------

i like goblins they make funny little popping noises when they die
Braids, Dementia

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 10, 2003 21:05      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
quote:
Originally posted by goblinsoftheflarg:
#2)buy the fallout seiries's rights, and rehire former fallout 3 crew

Ironically, discussion about doing something like that is going on over in The Fall forums. Worth checking out. I made mention of it on the main page as well.

goblinsoftheflarg
Outsider
Member # 162

Rate Member

posted December 10, 2003 21:40      Profile for goblinsoftheflarg   Author's Homepage   Email goblinsoftheflarg   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i know but it's much more fun getting a discution started here ssf seems much more oh i dono well OFFICIAL like ya know? its hard to think humorous

--------------------

Braids, Dementia

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 10, 2003 22:14      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
I can see your point.

goblinsoftheflarg
Outsider
Member # 162

Rate Member

posted December 10, 2003 22:30      Profile for goblinsoftheflarg   Author's Homepage   Email goblinsoftheflarg   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
damn... (beuracrats?) or what ever i hope they can buy the rights to sdgoat(super duper game of all time)

--------------------

Braids, Dementia

All times are Central Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community